Thread: Souness

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Attachment 5101

You deserve this
    You’re such a sweetheart. Have this 🌸

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    So have you got the whole nine yards, or just four or five?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    During the commonwealth Games, women’s events received equal tv coverage to men and I don’t recall anybody feeling motivated to point out over and over again that the men were faster and stronger etc.

The competition between elite competitors within each sex is just enjoyed and appreciated on its own merits. And on track for instance, I’d say the most memorable and entertaining races were actually in the female competition, even though the men were much quicker.

Could this attitude eventually prevail amongst football 🦕 too?
    Football is about skill and team work though. The women's game is lacking skill and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what do you mean by "out of her depth" surely nobody can be out of their depth when it comes to giving their opinion on a game of football.
    you might not personally find them particularly interesting, but that's different.
    plenty of male pundits talk a load of shite most of the time anyway.
    Ofcourse an opinion can be so far off it's considered those espousing the opinion is "out of their depth"

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Football is about skill and team work though. The women's game is lacking skill and tactics.
    Why should that stop women being lineswomen, refs and pundits?

Is souness an alcoholic ?

He was a great player but a thug

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Why should that stop women being lineswomen, refs and pundits?
    Ffs, nobody's saying it should stop them.
    I'm sure they don't want Ian Wright doing punditry on their shows, I suspect the blokes don't want them on match of the day etc either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'm sure they don't want Ian Wright doing punditry on their shows, I suspect the blokes don't want them on match of the day etc either.
    What on Earth gives you that idea?

Most normal people don’t think about meaningless nonsense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    What on Earth gives you that idea?

Most normal people don’t think about meaningless nonsense like that.
    Go back and read the rest of the thread, give yourself a clue of what it was about to begin with

"We don't want female ref's/lineswomen"

You literally said this on the first page of the thread

"We don't want female ref's/lineswomen"

You literally said this on the first page of the thread
    How many times?
    I/we (the blokes like me) don't want them in the MEN'S game..... What they do in their game is their own business.

How many times?
    I/we (the blokes like me) don't want them in the MEN'S game..... What they do in their game is their own business.
    But why? You've not given any proper reason how the ref or linesmen being male or female changes your enjoyment of a game.

Male and female players mixing, I get how that negatively affects a game.
    To a lesser extent, but I can still see why female commentators might negatively affect your enjoyment of a match.

But the officials? How does that affect a match for you? I bet you couldn't even name the officials we had on Saturday without looking. I certainly couldn't. I don't think I could name a single linesman at all.

But why? You've not given any proper reason how the ref or linesmen being male or female changes your enjoyment of a game.

To a lesser extent, but I can still see why female commentators might negatively affect your enjoyment of a match.

But the officials? How does that affect a match for you? I bet you couldn't even name the officials we had on Saturday without looking. I certainly couldn't. I don't think I could name a single linesman at all.
    I thought that it was a female ref against Brum, the hairstyle was certainly suspicious .

Go back and read the rest of the thread, give yourself a clue of what it was about to begin with
    Missed the word normal did you? I can see the usual handful of weirdos being sexist about women refs and lineswomen without giving any legitimate reason for it.

Go on why don’t you want women refs or linesmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah, I remember being in South Africa during apartheid. Some of the differences in opinion people had should never have been challenged or driven out of society. You're talking bollox. Soft lads! Give over you tart.
    Are you really equating Graeme Souness's comments with Apartheid?

Deary me

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post

Deary me
    Obviously he isn’t.

You're sounding like a broken record now Kev. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine. I'd be shocked if everybody did, and it would be a very boring world if we all thought and felt the same way.
    I've explained that I don't like the equality issue being abused and shoved down our throats whilst perfectly qualified and capable blokes are being denied a shot in those roles.
    I'm not going to keep repeating my stance.
    Use your noggin and go back and read instead of banging the same drum repeatedly without adding anything constructive.

I can, Eddie effing Smart.

You're sounding like a broken record now Kev. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine. I'd be shocked if everybody did, and it would be a very boring world if we all thought and felt the same way.
    I've explained that I don't like the equality issue being abused and shoved down our throats whilst perfectly qualified and capable blokes are being denied a shot in those roles.
    Use your noggin and go back and read instead of banging the same drum repeatedly without adding anything constructive.
    Where are women being given roles and blocking men? It certainly isn’t refs and linesmen/women because there’s a huge shortage of them.

When 50% of the population are women and like <1% of football pundits are women are pundits I’d like to know where a woman has blocked any man getting a job.

Which perfectly qualified and capable blokes are being denied these roles? Why aren't they taking over from the clearly not capable blokes we (and most other teams) seem to get on a weekly basis?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Where are women being given roles and blocking men? It certainly isn’t refs and linesmen/women because there’s a huge shortage of them.

When 50% of the population are women and like <1% of football pundits are women are pundits I’d like to know where a woman has blocked any man getting a job.
    So you're trying to suggest that there are no male ref's or linesmen available, which is why there is a need to recruit women in their place?
    Get the flock out of here.

Which perfectly qualified and capable blokes are being denied these roles?
    Are you suggesting there aren't any?
    Seriously?

So you're trying to suggest that there are no male ref's or linesmen available, which is why there is a need to recruit women in their place?
    Get the flock out of here.
    That’s not why there’s a need to have women in their place. There is a genuine shortage of refs and linesmen through all levels of the game.

Why don’t you want women linesmen? It can’t be that they’re blocking men because they aren’t. Again 50% of the population are women, 99.99% of football officials are men.

What is it about men that makes you want them to be the only ones allowed to officiate men’s football?

Are you suggesting there aren't any?
    Seriously?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ive-years.html

https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/14405-...uitment-crisis

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news...eree-shortage/

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/r...iation-1214188

It sounds like you aren’t basing any of your opinions of facts and only feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post

Deary me
    No.