+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Souness

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Nothing wrong with wat he said. Like saying 'men against boys' in a one sided match. What he meant was 'it's a man's game'.....'not a boys game'.

I'd have zero problem if during the women's euros one of the commentators has said 'it's a women's game' meaning it's fulll blooded and not for girls.

However, I also have zero problem with female refs, assistants or commentators in the men's game. Let's all just take a common sense pill FFS.
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This MB is going to the dogs. Lot’s of threads like this one, seems to spiral out of control in next to no time..
    It would go to the dogs if opinions were censored. Thankfully they're not.

It's soft lads that can't handle a difference of opinion or a deviation from "political correctness" that think it's gone to the dogs.

Differences in opinion are healthy, can you not see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

It's soft lads that can't handle a difference of opinion or a deviation from "political correctness" that think it's gone to the dogs.

The problem is, a lot of posters on here are not capable of having a healthy discussion, and the threads usually end up with lots of abuse and venom.

Yeah, I remember being in South Africa during apartheid. Some of the differences in opinion people had should never have been challenged or driven out of society. You're talking bollox. Soft lads! Give over you tart.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    What’s wrong with female linesmen or refs? Or female commentators?
    I agree the quality of womens football is worse but gender doesn’t affect either of the above professions. Considering how often people moan about male refs perhaps some women would be a fresh change….
    Did the commentator on Sunday add value, I think it would have been better if Gary Neville or Roy Keene were there to comment, I would have preffered to see what they had to say, I know them and remember them playing top level football, and they are very entertaining and add to the enjoyment.

Why change it, it's worked well for years, get the best commentators regardless of sex, but the best!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The problem is, a lot of posters on here are not capable of having a healthy discussion, and the threads usually end up with lots of abuse and venom.
    There's nothing healthy about this thread or discussion. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Did the commentator on Sunday add value, I think it would have been better if Gary Neville or Roy Keene were there to comment, I would have preffered to see what they had to say, I know them and remember them playing top level football, and they are very entertaining and add to the enjoyment.

Why change it, it's worked well for years, get the best commentators regardless of sex, but the best!
    I wish that applied to posters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah, I remember being in South Africa during apartheid. Some of the differences in opinion people had should never have been challenged or driven out of society. You're talking bollox. Soft lads! Give over you tart.
    Here's a fair point, feel free to challenge it soft lad.
    My partner, her mother, and my own mother, all agree that the two should be completely separate. They all like the football but are also all sick of seeing it too.

Yet Mr PC (you) have to compare it to apartheid ffs... Seriously, who's the tart here?

My partner, her mother, and my own mother, all agree that the two should be completely separate. They all like the football but are also all sick of seeing it too.

Yet Mr PC (you) have to compare it to apartheid ffs... Seriously, who's the tart here?
    I'm not comparing it to apartheid. I knew you'd miss that point so you haven't disappointed.

Soft lad and Mr PC! Man, that was way too easy to drag you out of your shell.

If they'd have sprung a female ref on us out of the blue 30 years ago, there would have been uproar. Not because she can't do the job, but because the players and fans didn't want it!

You're missing the fact that it's been pushed on us over time, against the will of the masses!
    We’ve had shite refs for years. All men. You’d reject us having a higher standard of refereeing just because they’re a woman? Why? Should we not have women working in the club shop? The bars? The ticket office? On the physio teams? As medics? Etc. Which jobs in football should women be allowed to work in and which ones shouldn’t they be allowed to work in in your opinion?

If a woman had been able to spot Chelsea scoring from half a mile offside I’d have preferred her on the touch line 4 years ago than the bloke that missed it and all but cemented our relegation.

I'm not comparing it to apartheid. I knew you'd miss that point so you haven't disappointed.

Soft lad and Mr PC! Man, that was way too easy to drag you out of your shell.
    What shell is that?
    I'm no racist/homophobe etc etc before you start that nonsense, you can save that for others should they deserve it.

I'm not out of any shell fella, you're making a clown of yourself. You are Mr PC, there are even women that agree they should be separate entities.

You're quick to insult and call me a tart, it's you that's looking the tart.

Nothing wrong with the women's game, it's clearly almost a different sport to the men's game but that's ok.

There has undoubtedly been a massive drive from mainstream media to promote it far beyond anywhere it would naturally have been.

I'm not sure I even care too much about it myself but I think there are plenty of other sports which would love even a slice of the attention.

We’ve had shite refs for years. All men. You’d reject us having a higher standard of refereeing just because they’re a woman? Why? Should we not have women working in the club shop? The bars? The ticket office? On the physio teams? As medics? Etc. Which jobs in football should women be allowed to work in and which ones shouldn’t they be allowed to work in in your opinion?

If a woman had been able to spot Chelsea scoring from half a mile offside I’d have preferred her on the touch line 4 years ago than the bloke that missed it and all but cemented our relegation.
    Is blurred lines your favourite song by any chance?
    This is not about equal opportunities or employment, it's about women ABSOLUTELY having the rights to play and officiate their OWN game.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only bloke that feels we simply should have had a better male ref for the Chelsea match.

International

Are you calling her a tart, a promiscuous woman : a woman who has many sexual partners. b : prostitute, that’s very derogatory to women and not very PC, you should be ashamed of yourself, how do you know she’s female?

What’s wrong with female linesmen or refs? Or female commentators?
    I agree the quality of womens football is worse but gender doesn’t affect either of the above professions. Considering how often people moan about male refs perhaps some women would be a fresh change….
    Nothing against male/ female ref and linesmen cross over between mens and women’s games at all. However, female commentators who are currently on tv, who are mostly ex players, appear to know very little about the mens game and generally are extremely amateurish in their commentary, summing ups and analysis. If it wasn't for the fact that the BBC, ITV and Sky are desperately pushing the equality angle and the first two also desperate to try to conceal their lack of live mens football, they would be removed from duty quickly. If anyone dares to try to point this out, they are immediately castigated as mysogenistic or sexist. Karen Cairney's eye rolling yesterday in the background when Souness said what he did was very telling. What Souness said wasn't even in the context of him not being a fan of the women’s game but thats clearly how she took it. I am surprised that Sky didn't issue an immediate live apology. Its all totally ridiculous. They now don't even differentiate on air between mens and women’s results or transfer activity. They just leave it up to the viewers to work it out themselves.

What shell is that?
    I'm no racist/homophobe etc etc before you start that nonsense, you can save that for others should they deserve it.

I'm not out of any shell fella, you're making a clown of yourself. You are Mr PC, there are even women that agree they should be separate entities.

You're quick to insult and call me a tart, it's you that's looking the tart.
    OK, I've vented my spleen. It's been a rollercoaster few days on here. I'll just finish by saying that my significant other entity disagrees with you and others on here (and millions of viewers by the look at where the women's game is going) and that I think this is another toxic thread crammed full of toxic opinions.

I'm glad you're surrounded by women who agree with you. I do wonder if some of the posters on this board were to reveal the stuff they say about some subjects to their children, work colleagues, wives etc., whether they'd be proud of some of the things they say.

I called you a tart as a direct piss take to you calling me a soft lad. You didn't like it. That's all that's happened.

Is blurred lines your favourite song by any chance?
    This is not about equal opportunities or employment, it's about women ABSOLUTELY having the rights to play and officiate their OWN game.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only bloke that feels we simply should have had a better male ref for the Chelsea match.
    But what is the issue? Men can also officiate in the womens game.

Are you calling her a tart, a promiscuous woman : a woman who has many sexual partners. b : prostitute, that’s very derogatory to women and not very PC, you should be ashamed of yourself, how do you know she’s female?
    D- Tries hard.

If they'd have sprung a female ref on us out of the blue 30 years ago, there would have been uproar. Not because she can't do the job, but because the players and fans didn't want it!

You're missing the fact that it's been pushed on us over time, against the will of the masses!
    You must've missed Wendy Toms

But what is the issue? Men can also officiate in the womens game.
    In all fairness, the officiating is probably the smallest issue but it could easily be argued that there are blokes out there, better qualified, that can't get a break because of all the equality bollocks.

As for commentary etc, let's be honest... Some of these women don't sound like they've got a scooby!

In all fairness, the officiating is probably the smallest issue but it could easily be argued that there are blokes out there, better qualified, that can't get a break because of all the equality bollocks.

As for commentary etc, let's be honest... Some of these women don't sound like they've got a scooby!
    Can it be argued? All I see from the EFL on the subject is talks about the lack of referees in training. Refs are in very high demand.

If there are better blokes out there, is it the 100’s of male refs a week blocking them from a job or the handful of women?

International

That's my main issue, Souness shouldn't have to be thinking about what he has to say for fear of causing offence, that karen wasn't very good and we could have had a good commentator it would have been brilliant wth Roy Keene/Gary Neville/Shearer/ instead.

If they are good enough great but don't just give people a pundits job for equality reasons in football or any other sport.

So, they’re bringing in mixed games are they? Load of snowflakes feeling threatened for no reason.

I saw Souness’ comment, it was a poor phrase to use, especially with a woman who won close to three times the number of international caps he did sat next to him. The daft thing is that what Souness was saying had nothing to do with the women’s game, he was just trying to say he was pleased football had got its physicality back, but, by doubling down on his “it’s a man’s game” comment we’re now in a position where there are radio interviews taking place with women in football claiming he said mens football was better than the woman's game - he said no such thing, but he should have chosen his words better.

That's my main issue, Souness shouldn't have to be thinking about what he has to say for fear of causing offence, that karen wasn't very good and we could have had a good commentator it would have been brilliant wth Roy Keene/Gary Neville/Shearer/ instead.

If they are good enough great but don't just give people a pundits job for equality reasons in football or any other sport.
    Yeah, I agree with you. Just good-old fashioned able-bodied footballers who've been out of the game for what seems like a century.

F*ck me, I can't wait for people's heads to explode when a transgender, disabled, referee gives the opposition a penalty at CSS. I hope I live long enough to actually see that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, they’re bringing in mixed games are they? Load of snowflakes feeling threatened for no reason.

I saw Souness’ comment, it was a poor phrase to use, especially with a woman who won close to three times the number of international caps he did sat next to him. The daft thing is that what Souness was saying had nothing to do with the women’s game, he was just trying to say he was pleased football had got its physicality back, but, by doubling down on his “it’s a man’s game” comment we’re now in a position where there are radio interviews taking place with women in football claiming he said mens football was better than the woman's game - he said no such thing, but he should have chosen his words better.
    Yeah, but his partner, her mother and his mother said that the two should be separated, so it's game over really. Valuing a woman's opinion when it suits your own argument is so in vogue.