+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Souness

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you. Just good-old fashioned able-bodied footballers who've been out of the game for what seems like a century.

F*ck me, I can't wait for people's heads to explode when a transgender, disabled, referee gives the opposition a penalty at CSS. I hope I live long enough to actually see that.
    You're so "woke"!
    Good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You're so "woke"!
    Good on you!
    I probably think this thread is about me.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That's my main issue, Souness shouldn't have to be thinking about what he has to say for fear of causing offence, that karen wasn't very good and we could have had a good commentator it would have been brilliant wth Roy Keene/Gary Neville/Shearer/ instead.

If they are good enough great but don't just give people a pundits job for equality reasons in football or any other sport.
    Don’t you think that, as with men, you get good and bad woman pundits? Some of the female pundits at the Euros added nothing to the coverage, but I think Karen Carney has improved lately, Jill Scott has always been good, as is Enny(?) Aluko, while Jayne Ludlow has always been the most knowledgeable pundit on any programme she’s appeared on as far as I’m concerned, Emma Hayes knows her stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, they’re bringing in mixed games are they? Load of snowflakes feeling threatened for no reason.

I saw Souness’ comment, it was a poor phrase to use, especially with a woman who won close to three times the number of international caps he did sat next to him. The daft thing is that what Souness was saying had nothing to do with the women’s game, he was just trying to say he was pleased football had got its physicality back, but, by doubling down on his “it’s a man’s game” comment we’re now in a position where there are radio interviews taking place with women in football claiming he said mens football was better than the woman's game - he said no such thing, but he should have chosen his words better.
    Not only did many many people feel it was a veiled dig, but Souness himself goes on air this morning standing by his comments.
    No "oh it was unfortunately worded" as you've suggested Bob, simply stating that he didn't regret a word of it.
    Take that as you will.

International

Don’t you think that, as with men, you get good and bad woman pundits? Some of the female pundits at the Euros added nothing to the coverage, but I think Karen Carney has improved lately, Jill Scott has always been good, as is Enny(?) Aluko, while Jayne Ludlow has always been the most knowledgeable pundit on any programme she’s appeared on as far as I’m concerned, Emma Hayes knows her stuff as well.
    Are they in your top six pundits?

If you can't see that equality is indeed being shoved down our throats, especially where the football is concerned as a prime example, you need your head testing mate.
    I can fully see that there’s a drive for equality nowadays so no test required ta. What’s hilarious is when people like you have a tantrum about it like equality is somehow grossly unfair to you

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can fully see that there’s a drive for equality nowadays so no test required ta. What’s hilarious is when people like you have a tantrum about it like equality is somehow grossly unfair to you
    My wife, mother and daughter have just said that equality is a load of shit. And they're women as well.

Behind him all the way. Football IS a MAN’S game

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Are they in your top six pundits?
    Well, that a way of avoiding my question I suppose - I’ll answer yours by saying that Jayne Ludlow would be and Alex Scott (not Jill as I said earlier) and Emma Hayes would be candidates to be in my top six.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Behind him all the way. Football IS a MAN’S game
    No wonder you were shit.

Where did I say equality was unfair.
    You know the points I've made, yet you bypass them deliberately in order to point-score, and attempt to somehow make yourself look/feel good.
    It's failing miserably delmbox, bypassing the actual points/debate does nothing to score you points, or make you look any better

People are literally looking to be offended and these media clickbait pages on places like Facebook are to blame just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This MB is going to the dogs. Lot’s of threads like this one, seems to spiral out of control in next to no time.. i’d guess the general census all over the UK is that Souness didn’t say anything out of line, and there’s nowt wrong with women’s football. End of really?
    Yes I have to agree with the flower man this place has become hysterical. I wish my muscle memory would stop me clicking on the web icon. Life’s too short to waste on here reading people getting hysterical for nothing.

Context is everything, Souness meant it was a man’s game from the physical aspect and in modern times we had somehow moved away from it with a lot of play acting, feigning injury.etc

He was commentating on a MENS football match played by 22 MEN. To suggest he was saying it’s a man’s game and therefore it’s not a woman’s game is an absolute nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes I have to agree with the flower man this place has become hysterical. I wish my muscle memory would stop me clicking on the web icon. Life’s too short to waste on here reading people getting hysterical for nothing.

Context is everything, Souness meant it was a man’s game from the physical aspect and in modern times we had somehow moved away from it with a lot of play acting, feigning injury.etc

He was commentating on a MENS football match played by 22 MEN. To suggest he was saying it’s a man’s game and therefore it’s not a woman’s game is an absolute nonsense.

Where did I say equality was unfair.
    You know the points I've made, yet you bypass them deliberately in order to point-score, and attempt to somehow make yourself look/feel good.
    It's failing miserably delmbox, bypassing the actual points/debate does nothing to score you points, or make you look any better
    I think it was when you complained about equality as being “shoved down our throats” that I first suspected you weren’t 100% cool with it

Oh and in terms of the OP, Souness is a clown who’s stuck in the past but I think he was probably just a bit clumsy yesterday, I’ve got no real strong opinions about it

I think it was when you complained about equality as being “shoved down our throats” that I first suspected you weren’t 100% cool with it
    Equality I'm fine with. Trying to blend the men and women's games together, I'm not. But you knew that already

Equality I'm fine with. Trying to blend the men and women's games together, I'm not. But you knew that already
    So, do you think Ian Wright wasn’t qualified to appear as a pundit at the women’s Euros?

If you can't see that equality is indeed being shoved down our throats, especially where the football is concerned as a prime example, you need your head testing mate.
    What else apart from football are you referring to here then? You specify football especially as a”prime example” so there must be others

So, do you think Ian Wright wasn’t qualified to appear as a pundit at the women’s Euros?
    He's very qualified. I'll bet there were quite a few female pundits who were pissed about it though, and rightfully so.

Well, that a way of avoiding my question I suppose - I’ll answer yours by saying that Jayne Ludlow would be and Alex Scott (not Jill as I said earlier) and Emma Hayes would be candidates to be in my top six.
    Laura McAllister is by far the best woman pundit (when she’s called upon), she was my favourite of the last Euros, men or women.

What else apart from football are you referring to here then? You specify football especially as a”prime example” so there must be others
    Do you watch cricket? That one's next.
    You keep bouncing back like a rubber ball delmbox but you've been done mate. The likes of you and Tuerto are not worth a response. If you can't bring a decent point to a debate, do yourself a favour and have an early night.

Jason Mohammad talking about the Wales men's team,and now over to Wales leading goal scorer.I'm thinking Bale.No it's Jess Fishlock.

Shall we just stick to football

Do you watch cricket? That one's next.
    You keep bouncing back like a rubber ball delmbox but you've been done mate. The likes of you and Tuerto are not worth a response. If you can't bring a decent point to a debate, do yourself a favour and have an early night.
    So equality being SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS = women’s football and women’s flipping CRICKET

You’re right, I’ve been done here, laughing at you for having a tantrum was so wide of the mark

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Shall we just stick to football
    Too late, he’s also very upset about women’s cricket, which is fair because it’s absolutely everywhere these days