+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Souness

International

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what do you mean by "out of her depth" surely nobody can be out of their depth when it comes to giving their opinion on a game of football.
    you might not personally find them particularly interesting, but that's different.
    plenty of male pundits talk a load of shite most of the time anyway.
    She was rubbish they were saying how the game was allowed to flow and men were allowed to be aggressive and back like the old days, she couldn't relate, true plenty of male pundits are rubbish too, just keep the good ones.

Here’s the point Souness was trying to make

https://talksport.com/football/11711...-karen-carney/
    Notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You know what my biggest fight in life is? Equality.
    Your equality is you are either with us or against us, which is quite divisive

International

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Daily Mail

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Daily Mail
    That's another 10 pager

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's another 10 pager
    Yep, he's spot on though

Has anyone in this thread said there’s anything wrong with what souness has said though?

All I’ve seen is people say they think not wanting women involved in men’s football is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Faux outrage from the Mail shock!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Your equality is you are either with us or against us, which is quite divisive
    What the f*ck does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what do you mean by "out of her depth" surely nobody can be out of their depth when it comes to giving their opinion on a game of football.
    you might not personally find them particularly interesting, but that's different.
    plenty of male pundits talk a load of shite most of the time anyway.
    I'm saying this lady was out of her depth, I don't know who she is or what she said. But obviously, if someone doesn't really know what they're talking about or they're reading a situation wrongly and then they give an opinion, then they're out of their depth.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Has anyone in this thread said there’s anything wrong with what souness has said though?

All I’ve seen is people say they think not wanting women involved in men’s football is wrong.
    I haven't even commented about Souness, you're right. Nobody seems to have even picked up on that. My main concern is the blatant sexism and mysogyny by the poor oppressed men on this board. Bless 'em.

Anyone else losing the will to live reading this thread? I don’t even know what the argument is about any more.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm saying this lady was out of her depth, I don't know who she is or what she said. But obviously, if someone doesn't really know what they're talking about or they're reading a situation wrongly and then they give an opinion, then they're out of their depth.
    But is she out of her depth because she a woman?

I haven't even commented about Souness, you're right. Nobody seems to have even picked up on that. My main concern is the blatant sexism and mysogyny by the poor oppressed men on this board. Bless 'em.
    Exactly it’s just an excuse to whinge about women as far as I can see.

Nothing wrong with not being interested in women’s football but I don’t see why that person then needs to shit on the sport.

Even more baffled with why a woman shouldn’t be a referee or a linesman or be allowed to talk about men’s football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone else losing the will to live reading this thread? I don’t even know what the argument is about any more.
    The romans used to call it divide et impera.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Exactly it’s just an excuse to whinge about women as far as I can see.

Nothing wrong with not being interested in women’s football but I don’t see why that person then needs to shit on the sport.

Even more baffled with why a woman shouldn’t be a referee or a linesman or be allowed to talk about men’s football.
    I'm out though now. As Bob says. I don't even know what the argument is anymore. I've got some really sh*tty jobs to do today and I can't wait to get started! Give my regards to young William!

During the commonwealth Games, women’s events received equal tv coverage to men and I don’t recall anybody feeling motivated to point out over and over again that the men were faster and stronger etc.

The competition between elite competitors within each sex is just enjoyed and appreciated on its own merits. And on track for instance, I’d say the most memorable and entertaining races were actually in the female competition, even though the men were much quicker.

Could this attitude eventually prevail amongst football 🦕 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    During the commonwealth Games, women’s events received equal tv coverage to men and I don’t recall anybody feeling motivated to point out over and over again that the men were faster and stronger etc.

The competition between elite competitors within each sex is just enjoyed and appreciated on its own merits. And on track for instance, I’d say the most memorable and entertaining races were actually in the female competition, even though the men were much quicker.

Could this attitude eventually prevail amongst football 🦕 too?
    I think it’s getting there, it’s no surprise who are the ones with the negative opinions in this thread, wouldn’t have given long odds on it being them before the thread started.

There’s nothing wrong with not caring about women’s football but there’s no need to bring it down because it’s different to the men’s game.

There’s nothing wrong with not liking a certain pundit but it is if your only reason is “she’s a woman”.

I can’t understand why anyone would be against women linesmen and refs though other than sexism.

It truly is the absolute pits of this board fair play.

This thread is struggling to reach 10 pages, and seeing that equality has been mentioned a number of times I will ask a simple question. How would you define what a man is, and what a woman is?

This is the sort of thread that would have inspired many a monty python sketch - the one that springs to mind is the judeas people front or the peoples front of judea and the charter they drew up where they ended up arguing over whether men could have babies or not in their pursuit of equality for both sexes. In the end I think they landed on men having the right to have babies

My advice would be watch that part of the film or even all of it (Life of Brian) and maybe when you come back this thread will be gone and onto another page

It seems we could do with a city loss tomorrow to restore normal proceedings as we don't seem to have as many City related football threads when we win as when we lose - maybe my perception though 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    This is the sort of thread that would have inspired many a monty python sketch - the one that springs to mind is the judeas people front or the peoples front of judea and the charter they drew up where they ended up arguing over whether men could have babies or not in their pursuit of equality for both sexes. In the end I think they landed on men having the right to have babies

My advice would be watch that part of the film or even all of it (Life of Brian) and maybe when you come back this thread will be gone and onto another page

It seems we could do with a city loss tomorrow to restore normal proceedings as we don't seem to have as many City related football threads when we win as when we lose - maybe my perception though ����

0F3F7103-898D-47A7-B2D7-1E1E7897A5DF.jpg

You deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It's actually an interesting topic. I was intrigued by the statement: "You know what my biggest fight in life is? Equality." So I did a little digging, and it seems there is a lot more to it than football commentators and referees. Hopefully we will get some definitions, so that we can know exactly what we are discussing here.

💋