+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Souness

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You know as well as I do that they'd be far too afraid to ever even suggest it.
    The PC brigade are out in full force, constantly. Plenty of examples of that on this here thread
    What is PC about not being bothered if there are women refs?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    It wouldn’t bother me to be honest. I would simply scroll and click on the thing I am interested in as I do on most websites including this one.

I don’t understand what’s weird about it tbh. I think getting annoyed by it is weird.
    It's weird because it's a sporting news website and quite clearly that isn't at the forefront of the news. It is pushing an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The women's game isn't lacking either of those. Where it differs from the Men's game is in the physicality which would have been a better word for Souness to use on Sunday.
    Nah it's clearly lacking skill compared to men. I've no problem with women who want to play football. Good luck to them. It's just the media drive for equality that i don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's weird because it's a sporting news website and quite clearly that isn't at the forefront of the news. It is pushing an agenda.
    Must be a miserable existence to think like that.

But maybe I just can’t get in the headspace. I watch a lot of football and read about a shit load of football and don’t feel like anything I’m not interested in is being “shoved down my throat”

Not everything in the world is aimed at me, it’s easy to not pay attention to things that don’t interest me.

What is PC about not being bothered if there are women refs?
    You choose to toe the line, in the name of equality and political correctness. That's fine, it's your choice.

Don't necessarily expect others to be as mentally vacuous as you. I have my own opinion and will not "toe the line" so willingly, that's my right

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Nah it's clearly lacking skill compared to men. I've no problem with women who want to play football. Good luck to them. It's just the media drive for equality that i don't like.
    Why do you feel the need to compare the two sports though?

I don’t understand the mentality that any time women’s sport is mentioned certain people have to jump straight away to “not as good as men’s football”

Being that negative all the time must be exhausting.

You choose to toe the line, in the name of equality and political correctness. That's fine, it's your choice.

Don't necessarily expect others to be as mentally vacuous as you. I have my own opinion and will not "toe the line" so willingly, that's my right
    I don’t expect everyone to have the same opinion I’m just interested in yours since I find it a bit backwards but even you can’t seem to explain it without irrelevant buzzwords like “politically correct”

What line am I choosing to toe by not being outraged by female officials and female pundits? It doesn’t affect my enjoyment of anything, what’s wrong with finding it baffling that female refs bother someone?

I don’t expect everyone to have the same opinion I’m just interested in yours since I find it a bit backwards but even you can’t seem to explain it without irrelevant buzzwords like “politically correct”
    I've explained it.
    On numerous occasions.
    You just don't seem able to grasp it!
    That's ok....
    You don't have to.

I've explained it.
    On numerous occasions.
    You just don't seem able to grasp it!
    That's ok....
    You don't have to.
    You haven’t explained it though. You’ve said some nonsense about women blocking men’s routes to be refs even though there are about 3 women officials in the whole sport.

Not being interested women’s football fine but not wanting women to be officials for no genuine reason is just sexism.

You haven’t explained it though. You’ve said some nonsense about women blocking men’s routes to be refs even though there are about 3 women officials in the whole sport.

Not being interested women’s football fine but not wanting women to be officials for no genuine reason is just sexism.
    There are MANY more than 3 women in the sport, don't act silly, although, I'm not sure you need to act it, you're sounding it just by continually arguing the same point that's been answered numerous times. Equality is what is blocking their path, not the women themselves, but you knew that already.

And sexist I am not. I like sex!

Can’t see both sides and present the balanced view on this one then?

There are MANY more than 3 women in the sport, don't act silly, although, I'm not sure you need to act it, you're sounding it just by continually arguing the same point that's been answered numerous times. Equality is what is blocking their path, not the women themselves, but you knew that already.

And sexist I am not. I like sex!
    I think maybe we have different opinions
    of equality.

I think equality means everyone getting a fair crack of the whip based on their skills. Which women historically have not had. This is why it doesn’t bother me because I see it as more people getting a fair chance whereas you see it as men getting less of a fair chance.

But in the instance of officials being women I don’t think it’s applicable as we need more anyway. And there are so few women officials I genuinely can’t see how you can think they’ve blocked any men, more qualified or otherwise.

I haven’t mentioned women pundits because I think it’s a whole other argument but again I’d say since 99% of pundits are men I genuinely don’t think any men are being blocked by women. Unless you think any woman in any job is blocking a man from doing it.

How about mixed football...now that might work and keep everyone happy...the refs could be transgender to keep a balance in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    How about mixed football...now that might work and keep everyone happy...the refs could be transgender to keep a balance in the world.
    It wouldn’t work because men are naturally stronger and faster than women

Top three stories on the BBC Rugby Union page are all womens rugby stories.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union

An Ireland international retiring
    Harlequins womens team signing some australian
    Ireland playing away to Japan.

I mean, it's just weird isn't it? This isn't the news people want to read.

That's the problem with all of the fuss over Souness, it all just feels like part of a much bigger picture. Aside from anything else, it's just annoying.
    I mean, it's just weird isn't it? This isn't the news men want to read.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    It’s obviously more difficult in competitive contact sports due to mens physical advantages. It’s already in place in athletics, swimming, diving, tennis, badminton, ice skating, archery etc. without people having hysterics about the difference between the sexes.

glad to see the great and the good standing 'for women' see you at the next posie parker bash.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    glad to see the great and the good standing 'for women' see you at the next posie parker bash.
    Oh man. This had me in stitches. D'you do this stuff for a living? Seriously. Get yourself an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Oh man. This had me in stitches. D'you do this stuff for a living? Seriously. Get yourself an agent.
    yes i suppose it is funny that you don't support a woman fighting for womans rights

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Have you done a survey on that? I think most women I know who are rugby fans would rather read about the ongoing Rugby Championship or the forthcoming domestic seasons tbh. You also know this.

The BBC's job is to present the news, not read like a jehovahs witness pamphlet trying to convert us. It's the kind of thing that actually undermines the sports progress - as evidenced by this thread which contains much negativity, unlike the European CHampionships themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Can’t see both sides and present the balanced view on this one then?
    Of course I can. On one side it's a chance to push a rather extreme agenda of equality and on the other is a sports website giving people the sports news they generally want to read.

I understand the argument, I just think it's rather ridiculous and probably counter-proudctive.

A few stories about women’s rugby is pushing an extreme agenda. **** me you need to get out of the house.

A few stories about women’s rugby is pushing an extreme agenda. **** me you need to get out of the house.
    The agenda is that both sports should be treated equally - mens and womens. That is rather extreme given the actual difference in popularity.

And yes, in the midst of the Rugby Championship and pre the URC and Premiership starting, it is very poor that the top three stories don't make reference to it.

But both sports aren’t treated equally, men’s rugby gets massively more coverage. It’s just a few too stories on the bbc rugby union page ffs.

I’m not saying it’s the smartest way to run a website but if you see that and think “extreme agenda” I’d say you need to spend some time in the real world.

But both sports aren’t treated equally, men’s rugby gets massively more coverage. It’s just a few too stories on the bbc rugby union page ffs.

I’m not saying it’s the smartest way to run a website but if you see that and think “extreme agenda” I’d say you need to spend some time in the real world.
    Sorry, but I think presenting both sports as being of equal interest to people is an extreme means to present equality in this respect. It's a way to piss people off, not garner interest in the womens game. I enjoy watching Wales womens 6N games btw - but not at the expense of reading about news from Cardiff RFC, or the Premiership or all the rest of it.