+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Souness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Equality I'm fine with. Trying to blend the men and women's games together, I'm not. But you knew that already
    So, do you think Ian Wright wasn’t qualified to appear as a pundit at the women’s Euros?

Equality I'm fine with. Trying to blend the men and women's games together, I'm not. But you knew that already
    If you can't see that equality is indeed being shoved down our throats, especially where the football is concerned as a prime example, you need your head testing mate.
    What else apart from football are you referring to here then? You specify football especially as a”prime example” so there must be others

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What else apart from football are you referring to here then? You specify football especially as a”prime example” so there must be others
    Shall we just stick to football

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Shall we just stick to football
    Too late, he’s also very upset about women’s cricket, which is fair because it’s absolutely everywhere these days

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, do you think Ian Wright wasn’t qualified to appear as a pundit at the women’s Euros?
    He's very qualified. I'll bet there were quite a few female pundits who were pissed about it though, and rightfully so.

Do you watch cricket? That one's next.
    You keep bouncing back like a rubber ball delmbox but you've been done mate. The likes of you and Tuerto are not worth a response. If you can't bring a decent point to a debate, do yourself a favour and have an early night.

Do you watch cricket? That one's next.
    You keep bouncing back like a rubber ball delmbox but you've been done mate. The likes of you and Tuerto are not worth a response. If you can't bring a decent point to a debate, do yourself a favour and have an early night.
    So equality being SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS = women’s football and women’s flipping CRICKET

You’re right, I’ve been done here, laughing at you for having a tantrum was so wide of the mark

So equality being SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS = women’s football and women’s flipping CRICKET

You’re right, I’ve been done here, laughing at you for having a tantrum was so wide of the mark
    I'm just yawning at your efforts.

So, they’re bringing in mixed games are they? Load of snowflakes feeling threatened for no reason.

I saw Souness’ comment, it was a poor phrase to use, especially with a woman who won close to three times the number of international caps he did sat next to him. The daft thing is that what Souness was saying had nothing to do with the women’s game, he was just trying to say he was pleased football had got its physicality back, but, by doubling down on his “it’s a man’s game” comment we’re now in a position where there are radio interviews taking place with women in football claiming he said mens football was better than the woman's game - he said no such thing, but he should have chosen his words better.
    If you’re going to make comparisons between the men and women pundits achievements prob best not to make them against Souness, he’s one of the most decorated players in the history of British football.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If you’re going to make comparisons between the men and women pundits achievements prob best not to make them against Souness, he’s one of the most decorated players in the history of British football.
    I remember the way he used to stamp on Wales players when Scotland were getting a football lesson at Hampden Park and the I’m having a Souness line you’d hear in pubs in the eighties (one half and I’m off) - you’re right, he was a great player at his peak, but a bit of a thug as his career came to an end, what he did to Peter Nicholas I think it was, was not manly, more cowardly.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...eautiful-game/

That said, I quite enjoy him as a pundit normally.

I remember the way he used to stamp on Wales players when Scotland were getting a football lesson at Hampden Park and the I’m having a Souness line you’d hear in pubs in the eighties (one half and I’m off) - you’re right, he was a great player at his peak, but a bit of a thug as his career came to an end, what he did to Peter Nicholas I think it was, was not manly, more cowardly.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...eautiful-game/

That said, I quite enjoy him as a pundit normally.
    Peter Nicholas was no angel himself

Like Souness he could dish it out as well as being an excellent footballer.

I remember the game well, it was the first Wales side I can remember as I got into football. I’ve still not come to terms with tha Wales side not reaching the 86 World Cup and some of my favourite Welsh players never appearing at a finals.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Peter Nicholas was no angel himself

Like Souness he could dish it out as well as being an excellent footballer.

I remember the game well, it was the first Wales side I can remember as I got into football. I’ve still not come to terms with tha Wales side not reaching the 86 World Cup and some of my favourite Welsh players never appearing at a finals.
    No, I'm pretty sure the incident was "afters" for something Nicholas had done before, but, on the other hand, it must have been so frustrating for the Scots that night because it was a little like Saturday in a way, a really one sided 1-0 which, if I remember rightly, no one really saw coming despite Wales having that superb spine of Southall, Ratcliffe, Hughes and Rush all close to or at their pick.

We really should have qualified, or at least made it to the Play Off, that time, but I've always thought we scored too early down here in the return game and so were caught between two stools somewhat - I suppose the fact it was back in the days when the Welsh attitude towards qualifying for major tournaments was "how will it all go wrong this time?", while the Scots were expecting to qualify every time, didn't help matters either..

I'm sure this message board didn't used to be so full of grumpy old men

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it's more a case of a very small number of incels infecting this board. It may well only be 2 or 3 but using multiple log ins. The boards moderator has failed to spot this or, more likely, is supportive of their views. This thread sums up the consequence of his inaction.

The modern world terrifies them. Change is always bad and they feel threatened. They see conspiracy theories everywhere. They are the true snowflakes, scared of their own shadow.

Quite a few sane, sensible posters have left of late and I can't say I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I think it's more a case of a very small number of incels infecting this board. It may well only be 2 or 3 but using multiple log ins. The boards moderator has failed to spot this or, more likely, is supportive of their views. This thread sums up the consequence of his inaction.

The modern world terrifies them. Change is always bad and they feel threatened. They see conspiracy theories everywhere. They are the true snowflakes, scared of their own shadow.

Quite a few sane, sensible posters have left of late and I can't say I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post

That statement is simply not true.

If someone is upsetting you then offer a better counter argument or report directly to me with specific incidents where people cross the line.

The moderation is loose to allow people to express themselves and be educated if they are in the wrong. It's not a dictatorship on here. Your views are the story, not my policing.

I don't like multi's and I'm a bit shit in spotting them. But once alerted I can investigate.

If you have an issue with moderation then that's my responsibility.

Isn’t it the women who are grumpy in this instance

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can't see it happening myself!
    I was waiting to see if anyone noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Jason Mohammad talking about the Wales men's team,and now over to Wales leading goal scorer.I'm thinking Bale.No it's Jess Fishlock.
    What?!

Someone said recently that one of the female England players was closing in on Rooney’s all time England scoring record…….

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not always. I don't quite follow that line.

100 years ago, the vast majority of people would have had the opinion that a woman's place is in the home. They would have also thought children should be seen and not heard.

Anyone who still has those opinions is now an utter knob. We're seeing issues like homosexuality and gender no longer bother younger people. In a couple of generations it would be great if people were seen just as people and not judged by issues such as that. Anyone who thinks homosexuality is a bad thing are so out of touch their opinions aren't worth anything as the world has moved on.

Having opinions is one thing. Having opinions that are valid is another. Hiding behind "it's my opinion, you need to accept that" when that opinion is a load of bollocks is one of the most frustrating aspects of conversation.
    Eric, who brought up any of this??!
    Nobody says a woman's place is in the kitchen. Nobody says children should be seen, not heard. Nobody is being racist or homophobic ffs.....!
    Get a grip. People are entitled to opinions. If they don't match yours, it's ok.
    My opinion is that women are clearly physically inferior to men. Maybe in 100 years that may change, I know a few that could be mistaken for blokes
    The point is that the two variants of football should be kept separate. For now at least....

Women can have their football, I just don't feel they should be a part of the men's game. I'm sure they don't want Ian Wright being part of their game either!

Nobody says a woman's place is in the kitchen. Nobody says children should be seen, not heard. Nobody is being racist or homophobic ffs.....!
    Get a grip. People are entitled to opinions. If they don't match yours, it's ok.
    My opinion is that women are clearly physically inferior to men. Maybe in 100 years that may change, I know a few that could be mistaken for blokes
    The point is that the two variants of football should be kept separate. For now at least....

Women can have their football, I just don't feel they should be a part of the men's game. I'm sure they don't want Ian Wright being part of their game either!
    I was just countering your opinion that differences of opinion are healthy. They can be sometimes, but not always. I don't believe anyone can hold any opinion about anything, especially when it can be proved that it's a load of utter bollocks or whether that opinion is hopelessly out of touch, no longer valid etc. In such cases, a difference of opinion is hardly healthy.

Why does their physical inferiority stop them being linesmen, refs and commentators? How does that diminish your enjoyment of a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Why does their physical inferiority stop them being linesmen, refs and commentators? How does that diminish your enjoyment of a game?
    It's not just their physical inferiority though is it? It's their tiny ineffectual brains. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's not just their physical inferiority though is it? It's their tiny ineffectual brains. But that's just my opinion.
    weird comment

weird comment
    Oh FFS rjk!