+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The 9.18am train to Bristol, has been cancelled !!

The 9.18am train to Bristol, has been cancelled !!

A few unhappy bunnies about

Re: The 9.18am train to Bristol, has been cancelled !!

Yeah posted it in a CCFC WhatsApp group I'm in as soon as I got the notification about half hour ago- I've changed my tickets for the 09:35 train now instead.

Sunday 21st August

Transport for Wales
    Only travel by rail if necessary. Expect services to be busy with some disruption to early morning services
    Great Western Railway
    Trains will start later, however a normal level of service is expected. Please check before you travel.
    Avanti West Coast
    Check before travel. See all details here.
    CrossCountry
    There is engineering work and road transport will operate between Gloucester and Newport

Yeah, arriving at Temple Meads 11:55am.

Looks like there's a 10:20. Gets into temple meads at 11:12. Then there's an 11.25 from temple meads to parson st arriving at 11:31, that gets you closer to the ground and saves a bit of a walk. Poor to cancel the 9:18 on a football day though

The main alternatives that I can see leave Cardiff Central at 08:50 and 09:35, and arrive at Temple Meads at 10:28 and 10:49 respectively. The earlier one of those has a 40 minute change at Bristol Parkway- it's been suggested that plenty will probably just get a taxi from there to the ground to save hanging about.