+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have Chelsea lost it?

Have Chelsea lost it?

According to SSN, they are preparing a £60m bid, plus add ons for Everton’s Anthony Gordon.
    Everton will think it’s their birthday and Christmas all at once .

Re: Have Chelsea lost it?

Can't stand Chelsea.

Hopefully there is some kind of admin error and they end up with Gavin Gordon instead

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    According to SSN, they are preparing a £60m bid, plus add ons for Everton’s Anthony Gordon.
    I mean he looks a good player, there was a game last season I think against Liverpool where he tore their wingback to pieces. His end product looks like it needs to be developed quite a lot.

But £60m if true is crazy money.

That’ll be about £250m they’ve spent this window.
    I was hoping after saying bye bye to Roman there’d be one less mega spending team in the Premier League but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He's not half the player that Timo Werner is and they let him go.

Tuchel has lost it As for Werner, he under achieved at Stamford Bridge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Tuchel has lost it As for Werner, he under achieved at Stamford Bridge for me.
    It was only his finishing that let him down at times but his link up play was superb. In my opinion, several notches up from Gordon and then some.

Touched seems a complete idiot. Apparently they were far the better team against Leeds, even though they lost 3-0.
    If that excuse was lame it was the referees fault and finally he blamed the team coach for being too slow and making the players suffer from travel sickness

They have overpaid on transfer fees as well as wages, and they bought players that nobody else wanted at those prices. Koulibali is/was a great player, but he is there to top up his pension pot. The highly rated young players like Kounde & Tchouameni went to clubs that have a realistic chance of winning trophies.

Forwards are judged by the goals they score- nothing else.
    What’s the point in link up play , when you were bought to score goals ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They have overpaid on transfer fees as well as wages, and they bought players that nobody else wanted at those prices. Koulibali is/was a great player, but he is there to top up his pension pot. The highly rated young players like Kounde & Tchouameni went to clubs that have a realistic chance of winning trophies.
    They're effectively debt-free since Abramovich went walkies. Most PL club have huge debts - Brighton nearly half a billion - but in financial terms the owner has taken on the debt himself either personally or through companies following debt conversions. As stand alone businesses there wouldn't be half a dozen PL clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Forwards are judged by the goals they score- nothing else.
    What’s the point in link up play , when you were bought to score goals ?
    Depends how the teams set up