+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A couple of Welsh managers better watch out....

A couple of Welsh managers better watch out....

Newport looking like another defeat. Rowberry may not have enough experience at this level.
    Wrexham also losing, have to be promoted this season. Have massive budget for National League and after last seasons failure Parkinson will not be allowed much time imo.

Reckon Warnock would do a job for Wrexham.

Re: A couple of Welsh managers better watch out....

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Newport looking like another defeat. Rowberry may not have enough experience at this level.
    Wrexham also losing, have to be promoted this season. Have massive budget for National League and after last seasons failure Parkinson will not be allowed much time imo.

Yeah, the result that would have hurt was losing to Mike Flynn's Walsall at Rodney Parade the other week. I've been following their results and Wrexham's and was thinking exactly the same as you. Parkinson won't last I reckon. Would Warnock's ego be able to cope with Hollywood stars?!

2-2 now, Omar Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    2-2 now, Omar Bogle
    Lost 3-2 .Second from bottom. Early days but Rowberry had a poor end to last season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah, the result that would have hurt was losing to Mike Flynn's Walsall at Rodney Parade the other week. I've been following their results and Wrexham's and was thinking exactly the same as you. Parkinson won't last I reckon. Would Warnock's ego be able to cope with Hollywood stars?!
    Wrexham job is thankless given the money spent but there is no option but promotion. It needs a big manager with a big ego. Warnock fits that bill.

Luton not doing too well this season….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I noticed that but I really was referring to Welsh clubs not managers. I reckon both Newport and Wrexham will be looking for a new manager shortly.

I noticed that but I really was referring to Welsh clubs not managers. I reckon both Newport and Wrexham will be looking for a new manager shortly.
    Wrexham need a footie guy to steer that ship and the owners probably know that and have a plan B. I get what you're saying about Warnock.

Wrexham need a footie guy to steer that ship and the owners probably know that and have a plan B. I get what you're saying about Warnock.
    I thought that Parky might have been given the bullet at the end of last season., with Wrexham falling badly at the last hurdle.
    Had a poor start to last season which ultimately cost promotion. Owners cannot afford to let it happen again.

Or a footie gal, come on.

Too early in the season yet.

I feel like Newport have punched above their weight in recent seasons and I am pretty confident Wrexham will do very well. So tough to only be guaranteed promotion as champions mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Thought you might be adding something useful to the debate for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    😝⚽️🍻

Thought you might be adding something useful to the debate for a change.
    It was a joke, Jez.

Fear not, I wrote something sensible above.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Indeed

Play offs last season

Relegation this season

I thought that Parky might have been given the bullet at the end of last season., with Wrexham falling badly at the last hurdle.
    Had a poor start to last season which ultimately cost promotion. Owners cannot afford to let it happen again.
    It was like watching a Greek tragedy at the end of last season. I couldn’t believe how they managed to let it slip away. I actually felt sorry for the fans and owners but you’re right, I thought he’d go.

I told a County friend of mine last season Rowberry was not their man.I reckon he got the job because he was Newport born and probably cheap.There was an element of bullshit that he was a first team coach with us.If he was he was well down the pecking order.