+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WSL

Re: WSL

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Can't work out why there's no interest in this thread when the women's game has been so hyped over the summer.

Is it because no one has any knowledge on the subject? That's never been an issue for some of the lifestyle, political, footballing aficionados before?

Is it because everyone's attention has been taken up with the Souness thread where the frothing of the mouth of some has no doubt drenched their feet in spittle and saliva?

Or doesn't anyone really give a phuck?
    Nobody gives a phuck

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    There is also a Cardiff team (not linked with the city) that play in the English set up I believe.
    There is, they play at Ystrad Mynych.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Nobody gives a phuck
    On here maybe but the sell out crowds and 27K at Anfield yesterday for the Liverpool Everton and 48K for Arsenal v Spurs and a sellout Wembley crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've tried to enjoy it sadly I don't, goalkeeping and defensive skills are not great .. teams winning 11 nil is like old schools footy
    You clearly don't watch it at the highest level and don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    There is also a Cardiff team (not linked with the city) that play in the English set up I believe.
    I must admit, thats what I thought. I thought that Cardiff City ladies played in a regional league at level 3 or 4?

EDIT:

There are two teams with similar names:

Cardiff City Ladies, in FA Womens National League Division One South West
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_Ladies_F.C.

and

Cardiff City FC Women, in the Welsh Premier Womens League
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_F.C._(women)

Confusing to say the least, and I think I had used the two interchangeably before.

Not sure why our womens team is in the Welsh Prem with Aberystwyth and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I must admit, thats what I thought. I thought that Cardiff City ladies played in a regional league at level 3 or 4?

EDIT:

There are two teams with similar names:

Cardiff City Ladies, in FA Womens National League Division One South West
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_Ladies_F.C.

and

Cardiff City FC Women, in the Welsh Premier Womens League
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_F.C._(women)

Confusing to say the least, and I think I had used the two interchangeably before.

Not sure why our womens team is in the Welsh Prem with Aberystwyth and the like?
    Cardiff City Ladies team are better (imo) than Cardiff City Women. The play in a tougher league imo too.

Allegedly, the history comes from when Cardiff City FC decided to join the Welsh League and there was a split/disagreement with a lot of the Cardiff players who wanted to join the more competitive English league system. A lot of really good players left to form Cardiff City Ladies. As far as I am aware, Cardiff City allowed them to keep the name. This is what Mrs Citizen told me years ago and she writes about Women's Football. She got a 'do not disturb' sign in neon so it's more than my life's worth to check with her right now!

Edit: Just got a bollocking for not fact checking before posting!

Just to add, my eyesight is f*cked after a recent episode so I'm making lots of mistakes in posts. Using speech-to-text help but it isn't perfect.

I see Wrexham got 9,500 yesterday as they got promoted to the top tier of women's football

https://www.adranleagues.cymru/adran...e-match-wales/

I suspect this breaks a few records

1 - Wales must be the only country where a domestic league attendance record is held by a women's team? No Welsh Premier Team has ever got close to this.

2 - Wales must be the only country where a domestic league attendance record is for a second tier game?

Next season, Wrexham will joing CCFC, Swansea etc in the Adran Premier. Whilst these big crowds are typically one offs, expect Cardiff and Swansea to do special events for some games, so it's possible that the top tier of the women's game next season may surpass the men's league in terms of attendance, which is around 350 per game . Again, that's unique.

And yes we all know it's because the top Welsh mens teams play in the English leagues, but still..

9500 paying £1 each ticket

Wrexham as other clubs are subsidising the women

There would not have been anywhere near that many there if they paid the same as a mens game