+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the train privatisations

the train privatisations

Re: the train privatisations

its was filmed in 2017, it was filmed by a trade union who are against privatisation. Do you think there is an angle?

Why was it all filmed in South London?

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    its was filmed in 2017, it was filmed by a trade union who are against privatisation. Do you think there is an angle?

Why was it all filmed in South London?
    Yes, the angle is obviously we're getting screwed along with the workers.

Privatisation is a miserable failure when they have a monopoly, every single time cuts are made at the expense of the service to divert funds to shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Yes, the angle is obviously we're getting screwed along with the workers.

Privatisation is a miserable failure when they have a monopoly, every single time cuts are made at the expense of the service to divert funds to shareholders.
    I don't disagree that we should have a better model for our trains, although I'm yet to be convinced that nationalisation is the answer, given the issues we used to have with the East Coast mainline (both private and public). And should we re-nationalise, I do wonder what the plan is to fill the gap in the budget that the franchise fees bring in. What taxes should rise or what services could we cut?

I do wonder if the UK is just too car dependant? With access to so many cars, and the convenience ownership brings, it makes we wonder if we are trying to flog a dead horse, now with passenger numbers falling, post pandemic WFH taking hold, amongst other contributing factors.

NB TOCs are only allowed to make 2% profit by law, so its hardly the cash cow for shareholders you think it is.

The rail industry needs a complete overall and move to electric one man driving trains , automation like docklands for inner cities ,drag the ticket prices down , kill the blackmail strikes .. all we have now is excessive wage demands and pensions ,crazy ticket prices folks in their cars ,perfect world not ..

Make rail affordable and automated and guess what the poorer people in society could use them to better their lives ,afford the travel to work , better the environment , extra plus £100 a year Mick Lynch could retire to Russia or lead the Labour Party ,and we would all be happier .