+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ughurs in China

Ughurs in China

Apparently there are 12m in China who are frequently subjected to horrific treatment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-22278037

Anybody boycotting Chinese goods on the back of this out of principle?

Re: Ughurs in China

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Apparently there are 12m in China who are frequently subjected to horrific treatment.

how would you go about boycotting Chinese goods?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Extremely difficult , as a society we sold our souls for cheap labour building cheaper goods , wage demands spiralled in in heavy industry and manufacturing and off shore it goes .. it will happen again ..

You need the West to be brave and say enough is enough , we need to accept higher prices for the sake of all our futures ..

How can we do that when practically everything we buy is either made in China or contains components that are made there? We have sold our souls to China and now we reap what we have sown. In the same way we are hugely dependent on the Middle East for oil and so far this time around they are being "nice" to us by increasing output. We should have learnt the lessons of the 70's and got into renewables development big time 40 years ago.

I tend to buy local , and use farm shops for food ,and usually look into where the product is made before making an informed decision

I tend to buy local , and use farm shops for food ,and usually look into where the product is made before making an informed decision
    What did you type that on?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What did you type that on?
    He was wearing £500 gloves and a £3,500 coat from ASDA, so it made typing a bit tricky.

Don't be daft.

Muslims in Palestine are the ones people care about. They don't care about the ones in China. Keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    How can we do that when practically everything we buy is either made in China or contains components that are made there? We have sold our souls to China and now we reap what we have sown. In the same way we are hugely dependent on the Middle East for oil and so far this time around they are being "nice" to us by increasing output. We should have learnt the lessons of the 70's and got into renewables development big time 40 years ago.
    I doubt the technology existed 40 years ago

Where are the farm shops. I keep hearing about them but never seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Where are the farm shops. I keep hearing about them but never seen one.
    Forage Farm in cowbridge, decent stuff to be fair and locally sourced.

Fruit and veg picked up locally

where can you go to buy fruit and veg from China?

where can you go to buy fruit and veg from China?
    Clearly my message had a hidden agenda which has totally by passed you….. if it’s not on mainstream it’s not a concern to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I doubt the technology existed 40 years ago
    The Centre for Alternative Energy (CAT) was established in Machynlleth in 1973 but I think was regarded as a rather fringe, hippy-like enterprise. It is now a respected educational centre.

Yes, the technology was in its infancy then, but the oil crisis should have spurred on the development of renewable energy rather than going back to the same old-same old when it was over.

Clearly my message had a hidden agenda which has totally by passed you….. if it’s not on mainstream it’s not a concern to the masses.
    I think it may be the other way round. Boycotting Chinese goods is next to impossible on an individual level.

Alright, cheers!

my point was, great if you can afford to shop in a farm shop then lovely, but you aren't actually boycotting any Chinese produce by doing so. there is basically no Chinese food in our supermarkets, certainly not fruit and veg.