+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No more crest or kit colour changes without fans consent.

No more crest or kit colour changes without fans consent.

Dunno if this has been brought up. Bit late for us. Wonder if it is retrospective and we can get the old crest back ?

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/...es-new-fa.html

Re: No more crest or kit colour changes without fans consent.

Well that would have meant a lot less arguments and grey hairs over the years for me.

I forgot about that Leeds one

Does it apply to English clubs only? I see that it’s the Football Association, rather than the leagues.
    It might require a similar measure from the FAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Dunno if this has been brought up. Bit late for us. Wonder if it is retrospective and we can get the old crest back ?

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/...es-new-fa.html
    How far back we talking? We’ll be getting yellow and brown quarters and be called Riverside FC if you’re not careful

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Does it apply to English clubs only? I see that it’s the Football Association, rather than the leagues.
    It might require a similar measure from the FAW.
    I would have thought some rules that apply to us do so as a result of competing in the english leagues....stuff like stadium requirements, ffp, stuff like that. Don't know where this would come in though. It's a bit of a no brainer for the FAW if that is the case anyway .... I would have thought.....unless it's deemed as a way of discouraging investment in a minor league system....dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    How far back we talking? We’ll be getting yellow and brown quarters and be called Riverside FC if you’re not careful
    Erm..c’mon now…chocolate & amber

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Erm..c’mon now…chocolate & amber
    Sorry mate. Didn't realise I'd need to dig out my Dulux colour chart before logging on

Not all change is a bad thing

Otherwise we’d have supporters who would want the same blue shirt with a yellow and white off centre stripe every single year.

A bit of fan interaction is a good thing mind in general

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Sorry mate. Didn't realise I'd need to dig out my Dulux colour chart before logging on
    So you should be, carry on promoting the wrong colours and that Siân wassname will be organising a march

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not all change is a bad thing

Otherwise we’d have supporters who would want the same blue shirt with a yellow and white off centre stripe every single year.

A bit of fan interaction is a good thing mind in general

Natural , organic change is good. Upheaval and Handbreak turns generally tend to work out badly....from Hammam to Emperor Tan to countless other owners who have grandiose ideas with little regard to what might happen 5 or 10 years down the line or maybe whether the supporters even agree with it or not.

You've got to move with the times but looking after your heritage is what gives a club "a soul" , without which things begin to lose their humanity.......If that's not being overly dramatic.

Besides, these rules would not negate change, it'd just have to be signed off by a majority of fans who agree it's a good idea rather than some barmy ego trip (e.g. redbirds)