+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back……

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just got back……

Having come to accept (and even enjoy/admire) the way we pass the ball about at the back, even under pressure, what I could not put my finger on last night was why, having seemingly cleared the danger zone, we then played it back to do it all again. Was it because of a change in personnel: wide players not giving options; a centre midfielder not on top of his game; centre forward not dropping back or maybe a change in structure/ instructions? Or was it down to the fact that Birmingham just pressed us more in midfield?
    Have to add that I thought Watters was superb last night and, at the moment, Etete worries me, he seems to have no ability or desire to get involved and influence the game. Early days I know, and he is young, we will see. But perhaps those that do can get off Watter's back now, goal or no goal (yet). It is the last thing he needs or deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    But perhaps those that do can get off Watter's back now, goal or no goal (yet). It is the last thing he needs or deserves.
    Considering that City didn’t manage a single shot on target last night, what was it that Watters did so well? I’m genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Considering that City didn’t manage a single shot on target last night, what was it that Watters did so well? I’m genuinely curious.
    He didn't have any shots off target which is pretty impressive for 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Chased down well and won the ball a few times to create opportunities.

Don’t think anyone thinks he’s the long term answer but on last nights evidence offers more than Etete currently