Ojo looks stronger these days could he play the central role

Re: Just got back……

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wondered that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd play Colwill through the middle before Ojo personally, but it's not a bad shout!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    I'd play Colwill through the middle before Ojo personally, but it's not a bad shout!
    We have some good attacking players now with Colwill, Ojo, Philogene, Davies, Watters, Etete, ODowda, Harris, and all the players behind them can attack too, imagine an out and out goalscoring aggressive Striker we really could be the real deal!

Really good point up there. You'd have thought WBA'd be thinking we were there for the taking with Jamilu coming off so early on, but I'd argue it was them who looked more vulnerable in the first half (though second half they were the better side for a fair bit of it).

Ojo was very good, Simpson had a good solid debut, Ng played well again and made a few vital interceptions. Allsop was faultless- unreal feet for a keeper at this level and made a few good saves, particularly the one towards the end of the game. I heard several cries of "he can't kick" from people around me, which led me to wonder, not for the first time, if we have the dullest fans in the world.

Watters v Etete is fairly close for me at the moment- Etete was much more involved in the game than Watters was, won a few duels and played a couple of decent passes/flicks, but he probably isn't ready for the press from minute 1 given he didn't press much at all when he came on last night (although I think, by that point, we were happy enough to stand off and sit deeper and protect the point). Watters didn't play badly last night, but again offered little in terms of an outlet for Philogene/Ojo/Rino (who also had a very good game- the best of our midfielders). I would be inclined to give Etete a start soon just to see how he does- realistically, he is unlikely to offer less than Watters has done so far this season.

All in all, another good point to add to our collection for when HMS P*ss the League starts boarding come March/April
    Has to be worth a go, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Has to be worth a go, surely?
    I think so too Bobby- Bristol City away is one hell of a deep end to be thrown in at mind!

I think so too Bobby- Bristol City away is one hell of a deep end to be thrown in at mind!
    Yeah, but why not? He has to start somewhere and that would be a great opportunity.

And I refer back to your comment about Watters - what is there to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yeah, but why not? He has to start somewhere and that would be a great opportunity.

And I refer back to your comment about Watters - what is there to lose?
    I'm agreeing with you mun just an observation that Bristol away is a hell of a first game that's all!

I'm agreeing with you mun just an observation that Bristol away is a hell of a first game that's all!