+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Collins injury mars another encouraging Cardiff display.

Collins injury mars another encouraging Cardiff display.

City ensure West Brom's winless start to the Championship season continues with goalless draw at the Hawthorns.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

International

Re: Collins injury mars another encouraging Cardiff display.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City ensure West Brom's winless start to the Championship season continues with goalless draw at the Hawthorns.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Great report, agree wth it all

Do you think they could work a varied restart, with some long balls to catch the opposition out, as all teams will be trying to high press from now on I expect, we can't be too predctable?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Great report, agree wth it all

Do you think they could work a varied restart, with some long balls to catch the opposition out, as all teams will be trying to high press from now on I expect, we can't be too predctable?
    Thanks, I've noticed that we tend to knock the ball longer from goal kicks towards the end of games and I suppose that may have something to do with players getting more tired physically and having lower concentration levels mentally at that time in a game.

It seems to me that a team which insists on whacking long balls up the pitch becomes easier to nullify and so, in the same way, slavishly sticking to the current approach to goal kicks in particular seems a mistake, but, watching it last night, it seems like City are going to stick with it until it becomes absolutely obvious that it isn't working. It's a certainty that we're going to be caught out at times playing this way and while we're struggling to create much in most of our games, it can be asked whether it's worth it, but the goal against Birmingham came from Allsop playing it out short after receiving an awkward pass in open play and we may have ended up with another 0-0 draw if he'd just opted to boot the ball into touch.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, I've noticed that we tend to knock the ball longer from goal kicks towards the end of games and I suppose that may have something to do with players getting more tired physically and having lower concentration levels mentally at that time in a game.

It seems to me that a team which insists on whacking long balls up the pitch becomes easier to nullify and so, in the same way, slavishly sticking to the current approach to goal kicks in particular seems a mistake, but, watching it last night, it seems like City are going to stick with it until it becomes absolutely obvious that it isn't working. It's a certainty that we're going to be caught out at times playing this way and while we're struggling to create much in most of our games, it can be asked whether it's worth it, but the goal against Birmingham came from Allsop playing it out short after receiving an awkward pass in open play and we may have ended up with another 0-0 draw if he'd just opted to boot the ball into touch.
    Yes lets see how it goes, team's will almost certainly try to stop us doing it, as long as we add some variety to keep them on their toes, it is great to watch