+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collins’s injury

Collins’s injury

Any news? He’d be a big loss

Re: Collins’s injury

Worrying last night, looked really bad when he was down on the pitch but when he walked off unaided it gave us a bit of hope. On the touchline he seemed to have a relapse with two of our staff helping him down the line to the tunnel. Hell of a loss if he is missing for a while.

Didn't look good at all did it

Hoping weeks and not months.

I'd be a lot more worried if it was the other side and we had Campbell replacing the injured Romeo long term.

As much as I love Collins, I still think Bagan can be a regular starter in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Didn't look good at all did it

Hoping weeks and not months.

I'd be a lot more worried if it was the other side and we had Campbell replacing the injured Romeo long term.

As much as I love Collins, I still think Bagan can be a regular starter in this league.
    yes I'd agree

Started so well, disappointing really but a chance for Bagan who i thought improved massively as last season went on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Started so well, disappointing really but a chance for Bagan who i thought improved massively as last season went on.
    I don't see that at all, good going forward scored some good goals, liability in defence though.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I don't see that at all, good going forward scored some good goals, liability in defence though.
    Ojo showed last night he's more than capable of helping the defence out a bit though, especially with the press- should hopefully take some pressure off him.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Ojo showed last night he's more than capable of helping the defence out a bit though, especially with the press- should hopefully take some pressure off him.
    He was briefly on a one man mission to get their entire team booked last night which was an enjoyable 15 mins or so

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I remember Bagan playing really well in February and March, but then regressing badly towards the end of the season and eventually being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He was briefly on a one man mission to get their entire team booked last night which was an enjoyable 15 mins or so
    At least 2 chants of "who needs Bale when we've got Sheyi Ojo" went up during this period, and for a split second at least, I actually thought it was accurate tbh

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I remember Bagan playing really well in February and March, but then regressing badly towards the end of the season and eventually being dropped.
    Same could be said for McGuiness who has now been shipped out

International

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Yes true, I think when he is fit Simpson may slot in with Kipre and NG go to full back until Collins returns?

Yes true, I think when he is fit Simpson may slot in with Kipre and NG go to full back until Collins returns?
    no thanks, Bagan for me

I don't get the dislike for Bagan. He's young and has shown he has quality. Maybe he will look better in a back 4? I'd be happier for him there than a non left footed slot in.

O'Dowda showed he can do a good job, but we want him further up the pitch..

I think, for me, Ng looks great at CB when he has someone with presence alongside him- I'd be loathed to move him out to LB when we have a replacement like Bagan who, while clearly not as good as Collins, is still competent at this level.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I don't get the dislike for Bagan. He's young and has shown he has quality. Maybe he will look better in a back 4? I'd be happier for him there than a non left footed slot in.

I don't dislike him, I just don't trust him to defend properly, if he plays you watch them target him and how many crosses come in from his side and how often he's not marking tight when a cross is coming in from the other side, at Portsmouth we conceded three, he and Nelson were poor.

I don't dislike him, I just don't trust him to defend properly, if he plays you watch them target him and how many crosses come in from his side and how often he's not marking tight when a cross is coming in from the other side, at Portsmouth we conceded three, he and Nelson were poor.
    You've just hit the nail on the head.....he was playing alongside Nelson! Hopefully we won't need him from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

He was awful but improved massively

I thought Bagan improved massively, surely he had his chance now.

The most important word in what you say is ‘Nelson’. He makes the whole defence look weak. Anyone playing on either side of him is having to do two peoples work.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The most important word in what you say is ‘Nelson’. He makes the whole defence look weak. Anyone playing on either side of him is having to do two peoples work.
    Get behind the lad FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Any news? He’d be a big loss
    Have faith in our back up lads .. Bagan is a good lad .. and was developing lovely..

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You've just hit the nail on the head.....he was playing alongside Nelson! Hopefully we won't need him from now on.
    True, I don't think he will play, but if he does hopfully longside Kipre he will feel more confident and should get some help if he does get into trouble, lets see wat happens.

While I'm not in the habit of consistently bashing our players, it is almost certain that Bagan's job at LB will be made easier with having Kipre alongside him as opposed to Nelson- hopefully this progresses his development too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Get behind the lad FFS.
    How ironic, bearing in mind the rampant negativity you often spout on this board. The fact that I don't rate Nelson as a footballer is nothing to do with his personality, character or the effort he puts in. He is probably a very nice person. It is his footballing ability that is in doubt and this has unfortunately been sadly lacking. For me to criticise any City player is very rare, so he must be pretty bad in that regard. He has already cost us the games against Reading and Portsmouth this season.