+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Collins’s injury

Re: Collins’s injury

Marcelo is out of contract

A real shame and a big loss, I must admit I had reservations and couldn’t work out why somebody with 25 caps for Nigeria was playing for a lower league Bundesliga 2 side but he’s been excellent in the first 3 games. Hope he fully recovers but not easy with that sort of injury

What a shame 😔

Quite upsetting knowing he’s out for the season, at least his family are here

Massive shame, hope he makes a good recovery at the end of the season and can get going again in the next. A big blow for the club, seemed to be exactly the player needed at left back and can only assume Morison and his staff have now turned attention to the loan market to bolster that position, because limited to Bagan and potentially Ng and O'Dowda as cover will be a struggle for the season if Bagan gets injured or struggles for form.

Very frustrating that. He's taken very well to this league and it's a huge loss.
    I wonder whether we'll bring one in, or run with what we've got?

at least it didn't happen the day after the transfer window shut.
    we can have a look at the squad over the next couple of games and then bring someone in maybe if we need to.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s really sad news. I know it’s very early in the season, but he was already looking like an excellent acquisition and the type of player who could quickly become a fan favourite in the same way that Kevin McNaughton did.
    Our best performing player in the early season, thats gutting!

‘ The Nigeria international attempted to dismiss Darnell Furlong inside the first three minutes….’

Strange wording.

What a shame though 😢

He looked in real pain as soon as he went over. That he needed support to get back to the dugout didn't bode well and now we know why. An excellent signing and will be missed.

Disaster, I wonder if he will look at the loan market.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Disaster, I wonder if he will look at the loan market.
    would make sense to look at loan rather than permanent, unless we have enough confidence in bagan, O'dowda , Davies etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    would make sense to look at loan rather than permanent, unless we have enough confidence in bagan, O'dowda , Davies etc
    Bagan is the best bet. The gaffer has already said he would be playing Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    100% Bagan. During those pre-season games he looked like he'd bulked out a bit too which might help with the more physical aspect of defence.

You'd suspect we'd have to try and find a loan but at a push we know O'dowda can cover. And I seem to remember Ralls filling in there in the past too.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Yeah but he has also said he wants 2 players for each positions. If we loose Bagan to injury we could be in trouble. I wouldn’t want to lose ODowda from being further forward either.

I think he will get someone in even if it’s as back up.

Yeah, season long loan makes sense, we can't just have Bagan in that position plus others who could cover. We've come a cropper from that approach before.
    Hope Bagan takes the opportunity to make himself first choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Yeah, season long loan makes sense, we can't just have Bagan in that position plus others who could cover. We've come a cropper from that approach before.
    Hope Bagan takes the opportunity to make himself first choice though.
    Morison has always brought in fullbacks asap, I think they are key to how he wants his team to play. I’d be surprised if we don’t see a pacey direct wingback as competition for Bagan.