+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seems like Warnock has taken the Huddersfield job

Seems like Warnock has taken the Huddersfield job

Skybet pulled its next Huddersfield manager betting market just as the tweet below appeared.

Re: Seems like Warnock has taken the Huddersfield job

He’s taken it. Two of our ex managers looking to send us down. Thankfully they’re both worse than our manager in my opinion

I think Warnock will keep them up.

There also seems to be something in the fact he said he did not fancy a managerial position when linked with us and has seemingly jumped at the chance with Huddersfield.

Warnock going there is not a positive for us.

We can't finish below Warnock and McCarthy, come on

Comedy gold. I predicted this would happen last week. At least City fans can stop wittering on and on about the old gargoyle now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Comedy gold. I predicted this would happen last week. At least City fans can stop wittering on and on about the old gargoyle now.
    The joke will be on you if he keeps them up

Egg all over your face

International

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Skybet pulled its next Huddersfield manager betting market just as the tweet below appeared.

Oh God, if anyone can organise and improve a team it's him, I know he's ancient but for a few games with his team, he can make a positive impact, bad news in my eyes!

He will probably keep them up, good move from them.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Oh God, if anyone can organise and improve a team it's him, bad news in my eyes!
    Definitely. He does his best work when coming through the door and creating that siege mentality among the squad.

It is a year or two down the line when the effect wears off that the problems start. Think he will keep them up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hooray. Our relegation rivals have appointed a manager who’s an expert in instantly improving teams and avoiding relegation…..

Let's be honest here also, there will be no bigger motivation for him and McCarthy than to put two fingers up to Tan and the board.

Let's hope they don't get the McCarthy and Warnock who started off here because if they do we're as good as gone.

Huddersfield Town set to name experienced head as new manager - https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...er/ar-AA17qkVc

- The verdict

He just can’t stay away can he?

Warnock is back and for Huddersfield he represents someone whose nous and experience at this level could be what they need to steer them clear from the drop.

It’s been a disastrous campaign for the Yorkshire club this season after the highs of a play-off final last season and the gambles on Danny Schofield and Mark Fotheringham have quite simply failed.

The Terriers need a short-term fix and Warnock is an absolutely ideal stop-gap between now and the end of the campaign and it gives them a chance.

Granted, the football isn’t likely to be the most aesthetically pleasing but Huddersfield need a fighter and in Warnock they have that in abundance. -

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He will probably keep them up, good move from them.
    Yes and send us down.

100 days since we won a competitive match apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He’s taken it. Two of our ex managers looking to send us down. Thankfully they’re both worse than our manager in my opinion
    I don't think our ex managers are sending us down, or at least not these 2 ex managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Hooray. Our relegation rivals have appointed a manager who’s an expert in instantly improving teams and avoiding relegation…..
    I hope he's suddenly lost his morning glory and he takes them down 👇

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I don't think our ex managers are sending us down, or at least not these 2 ex managers.
    Hudson and Morison will!

They’ll stay up comfortably now, we need Stoke or Rotherham to have a big collapse.

And guess who our last home is against….

Get your Warnock bingo cards out folks.

"Great bunch of lads"
    "My type of people"
    "Great set of fans"
    "The owner is a great bloke"

Would I have preferred that over what we have here currently. Probably. I can't see Warnock going 3 games without getting a point that's for sure.

Warnock won't be their (or our) long-term answer, but he'll keep them up. This is really bad news.
    If you had a checklist of the signs for our relegation, you'd have more ticked than not right now

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    He wasn’t quite so expert at avoiding relegation in 2019/20 as I recall….

International

Last home game 29th April Warnock and Huddersfield, I can see them flying into us from long throws and corners now!

Then away to Burnley last game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    There also seems to be something in the fact he said he did not fancy a managerial position when linked with us and has seemingly jumped at the chance with Huddersfield.
    If we had offered him a role he would have jumped at it, the same as he has at Huddersfield. What Warnock says and what Warnock does are 2 different things completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    If we had offered him a role he would have jumped at it, the same as he has at Huddersfield. What Warnock says and what Warnock does are 2 different things completely.
    There is that.
    He does seem to go back on what he says frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    But equally he might have thought we don't have the players capable of his only way of playing

imagine the catharsis if we send both Warnock and McCarthy down