+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Gibbs-White £44.5m

Morgan Gibbs-White £44.5m

Morgan Gibbs-White to Forest for £34m, potentially up to £44.5m.

Is this the most ridiculous fee ever?

Completely unproven in the Prem.

Wolves have signed Nunes for £38m, recently described by Pep as one of the best midfielders in the world.

I’m surprised whoever did the deal for Wolves could keep a straight face.

You’d think Forest would know better given their history and Derby.

Scandalous

Re: Morgan Gibbs-White £44.5m

Absolutely ridiculous 🙄

He seems to have been around for ages, but he’s only 22.

If you ignore the fee it seems like a good signing, as they need a player like Gibbs-White to get the best out of Johnson and other new striker, who have been quite isolated in the games I have seen this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If you ignore the fee it seems like a good signing, as they need a player like Gibbs-White to get the best out of Johnson and other new striker.
    They've already signed 5 central midfielders this summer mind, seems absolutely mental to me

Sorry, did I miss the news about a cave full of oil being discovered under the City Ground?

That’ll be nearly £160m spent by Forest, plus wages won’t be small either. I can’t see how they’ll meet FFP like this.

Was a big fan of Cooper but not keen on his transfers this summer. Wasteful it would seem - but time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    They've already signed 5 central midfielders this summer mind, seems absolutely mental to me
    Forest have loaned, sold or released 21 players, plus they lost all their loan signings from last season, and they have brought in around 15 new players. This is a complete squad overhaul that we are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    That’ll be nearly £160m spent by Forest, plus wages won’t be small either. I can’t see how they’ll meet FFP like this.
    By staying up I presume. But I expect they’ll be knackered if they get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    By staying up I presume. But I expect they’ll be knackered if they get relegated.
    It's a big gamble, but the promotion pretty much forced their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Finishing 10th only nets you around £30m prize money I believe. Even with them staying up I can’t see how they won’t be in trouble.

Finishing 10th only nets you around £30m prize money I believe. Even with them staying up I can’t see how they won’t be in trouble.
    The TV money plus any sponsorships would be enough if they stay up

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The TV money plus any sponsorships would be enough if they stay up
    Possibly but I still think they’ll be in trouble regardless. Otherwise you’d see the likes of Brighton, Palace, Southampton, etc spending £100m every season.

Possibly but I still think they’ll be in trouble regardless. Otherwise you’d see the likes of Brighton, Palace, Southampton, etc spending £100m every season.
    We got £60m from TV in our last season and I think the deal is worth even more now. I read that The Times reckon each club is guaranteed at least £100m this season. Add in potential sponsors and survival then it covers the summer spending

They don’t need to. They already have squads full of established Premier League players on Premier League wages. I reckon Southampton’s time might be up this season, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Was a big fan of Cooper but not keen on his transfers this summer. Wasteful it would seem - but time will tell
    Are they Cooper’s signings? Maybe from those above him.

He’s managed him before, at England under 17 level, so he knows what he’s capable of.

https://www.squawka.com/en/england-u...-they-now/?amp

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Morgan Gibbs-White to Forest for £34m, potentially up to £44.5m.

Is this the most ridiculous fee ever?

Completely unproven in the Prem.

Wolves have signed Nunes for £38m, recently described by Pep as one of the best midfielders in the world.

I’m surprised whoever did the deal for Wolves could keep a straight face.

You’d think Forest would know better given their history and Derby.

Scandalous
    That seems like an awful lot of money but then Chelsea offer £45m for Anthony Gordon 😱

Still not as bad as £71m for Kepa or £72m for Pepe which have to be two or the worst signings in English football.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Forest have loaned, sold or released 21 players, plus they lost all their loan signings from last season, and they have brought in around 15 new players. This is a complete squad overhaul that we are seeing.
    I’m probably missing some obvious ones, but I can’t think of anyone Forest have sold for a decent fee during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m probably missing some obvious ones, but I can’t think of anyone Forest have sold for a decent fee during the summer.
    They haven’t, they sold their keeper for about 4/5m.

They had no option but to sign so many players because they had a lot of loan signings last season / championship players in last year of contract.

Players like Neco Williams & Brennan Johnson will go up in value if they have a good season in the Premier League, with an initial outlay of only 17m in transfer fees.

Christ we need Colwill and Davies to be on the pitch and start scoring

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Christ we need Colwill and Davies to be on the pitch and start scoring
    you're not wrong, we only need one or two to come good and we are quids in.

Colwill, Davies, Etete, Tanner, King, Bagan, Denham, McGuiness and a few others.
    could be that none of them vise to that sort of value, or it could be several , but at least we have some irons in the fire now, wasn't long ago we had basically nobody who could realistically increase significantly in value

Clubs get over £100m tv money just for finishing last, so your figure is way off.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We got £60m from TV in our last season and I think the deal is worth even more now. I read that The Times reckon each club is guaranteed at least £100m this season. Add in potential sponsors and survival then it covers the summer spending
    I suggest that you read this. City got £102m.
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1225126