+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Gibbs-White £44.5m

Re: Morgan Gibbs-White £44.5m

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That seems like an awful lot of money but then Chelsea offer £45m for Anthony Gordon 😱

Still not as bad as £71m for Kepa or £72m for Pepe which have to be two or the worst signings in English football.
    None can be as bad as Maguire at Man Utd!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m probably missing some obvious ones, but I can’t think of anyone Forest have sold for a decent fee during the summer.
    None of them were fit for the Premier League, hence the urgent rebuild that is taking place. It seems like poor planning, but I don't think they were expecting to win promotion last season.

Well I think it's a disgrace that pensioners are going to struggle to heat their homes this winter and money like this is swilling around

The Premier league and the greed that follows it is appalling

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well I think it's a disgrace that pensioners are going to struggle to heat their homes this winter and money like this is swilling around

Finally someone is brave enough to say what the entire country is thinking, that Nottingham Forest should be responsible for heating pensioners homes this winter

BBC are reporting the initial fee in £25 million.

For all the money they have spent you can’t help but think they would have got better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    For all the money they have spent you can’t help but think they would have got better.
    would better players have agreed to go there?

'Twas ever thus me old China. It's the rich what gets the pleasure, the poor that gets the blame...

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Finally someone is brave enough to say what the entire country is thinking, that Nottingham Forest should be responsible for heating pensioners homes this winter
    They are still cnuts though

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'Twas ever thus me old China. It's the rich what gets the pleasure, the poor that gets the blame...
    We are such a bunch of lemmings with this premier league crap

The championship is far better , it's just to get to the top flight gives you all this dirty money

It's not really a nice choice

A lot of talksport knee jerk reactions to this.

Cooper knows him. He knows at his side needs. Player obviously wants to play for cooper. Signing makes perfect sense. Oh and fee barely half that reported. Rightly or wrongly its not that much money now

I thought the Rhian Brewster fee was OTT.

This is nuts.

At least Wolves have recouped the outlay for Joe Mason 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    would better players have agreed to go there?
    Maybe not, maybe that’s the issue. Just seems a lot of money for players who are just decent.

£25m plus addons

The add ons are outrageous but will pay for themselves if they stay up

You chat some shite fair play

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That seems like an awful lot of money but then Chelsea offer £45m for Anthony Gordon 😱

Still not as bad as £71m for Kepa or £72m for Pepe which have to be two or the worst signings in English football.
    You spelled Harry Maguire wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    You chat some shite fair play
    100% Croesy Blue.
    Why do you bother with alt accounts??

We are such a bunch of lemmings with this premier league crap

The championship is far better , it's just to get to the top flight gives you all this dirty money

It's not really a nice choice
    Also a much better experience when travelling away.
    One of those where the chase is far better than the prize.

You'd have thought Forest would have learnt from their neighbours' mistakes.
    Will love it, love it when they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Also a much better experience when travelling away.
    One of those where the chase is far better than the prize.

You'd have thought Forest would have learnt from their neighbours' mistakes.
    Will love it, love it when they fail.
    It goes against all conventional business wisdom, but hard nosed businessmen spend more and more each year on exactly the same players who were commanding a fee of less than half of what's being paid, a year ago. The debt levels of PL clubs - including the so-called well-managed ones like brighton - are eye watering. They'll never get close to being paid down especially with interest rates on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Also a much better experience when travelling away. One of those where the chase is far better than the prize.
    You’re speaking from the perspective of a supporter whose club has made a hopeless mess of their two seasons in Premier League. It’s a position of failure.

I wonder if the vast majority of fans of clubs like Brighton, Leeds, Wolves, Brentford, Leicester and even Swansea would prefer to be playing in the top flight or in the Championship? I think we all know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You’re speaking from the perspective of a supporter whose club has made a hopeless mess of their two seasons in Premier League. It’s a position of failure.

I wonder if the vast majority of fans of clubs like Brighton, Leeds, Wolves, Brentford, Leicester and even Swansea would prefer to be playing in the top flight or in the Championship? I think we all know the answer.
    I think hopeless mess of our 2nd season is harsh. We were always up against it and we were very unlucky v Chelsea.

The hopeless mess was the window after relegation. A complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    £25m plus addons

The add ons are outrageous but will pay for themselves if they stay up
    Whenever I think of the add ons, I always recall what Sam said about Chopra and the fee. He said he would have to become Prime Minister for us to pay the full amount

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The first season was a disaster. The second wasn’t. That Chelsea game was a disgrace and we were 2 points from safety. Then we had an unforeseen tragedy with Sala losing his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think hopeless mess of our 2nd season is harsh. We were always up against it and we were very unlucky v Chelsea.
    But very lucky in the games against Huddersfield and Brighton at the CCS - something that very rarely gets mentioned. And who knows how the Man Utd game would have worked out if it wasn’t a dead rubber?

It makes no odds, though. City were relegated. Again. This “I’d rather be in the Championship” bollocks always makes me smile. It’s so defeatist and the reasons for it are obvious.