+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Johnson

Andy Johnson

Born in Bristol. 15 caps for Wales. Commentator for WBA last night. Couldn't believe how disparaging be was about Wales. Said he hated having to pay to come into Wales. Referring to the Severn bridge tolls. Couldn't believe his general attitude towards Wales. Laughing about us, our anthem etc

Anyone else hear this on WBA commentary last night? Wonder if this is how English born players really feel about Wales?

Re: Andy Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Born in Bristol. 15 caps for Wales. Commentator for WBA last night. Couldn't believe how disparaging be was about Wales. Said he hated having to pay to come into Wales. Referring to the Severn bridge tolls. Couldn't believe his general attitude towards Wales. Laughing about us, our anthem etc

Anyone else hear this on WBA commentary last night? Wonder if this is how English born players really feel about Wales?
    Not so much English as Bristolian. I'm one of those - nowadays in the minority- who don't 'hate' the Jacks, but have a lifelong dislike of a large percentage of the Bristol population. The oddest, most narrow-minded, bigoted City in Britain.

Yes.
    Unfortunately, the cost of watching games the way many of us do is to have to endure the totally biased uneducated tossers that provide the "commentary". They make WOL "journalists" look like Pulitzer Prize contenders. The Reading guys were absolutely incredibly bad.
    But, to your point, yes, last night they were both totally disrespectful and insulting to Wales, the Welsh and to the anthem.
    I have just read this back to myself. I am becoming more Iike Victor Meldrew every day.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Yes.
    Unfortunately, the cost of watching games the way many of us do is to have to endure the totally biased uneducated tossers that provide the "commentary". They make WOL "journalists" look like Pulitzer Prize contenders. The Reading guys were absolutely incredibly bad.
    But, to your point, yes, last night they were both totally disrespectful and insulting to Wales, the Welsh and to the anthem.
    I have just read this back to myself. I am becoming more Iike Victor Meldrew every day.
    I meant to put Victor Meldrew in my list of Top 6 commentators and pundits. Miserable git but rarely wrong!

He’s a right fruit cake, his episode with undr the cosh was wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    He’s a right fruit cake, his episode with undr the cosh was wild.
    The fella is a complete nut job! I’d hate to be his team mate, he’d do my head in.
    He also mentions his time with Wales on that podcast. Apparently his grandmother was born in Wales while on holiday and that’s how he qualified. Said he didn’t feel Welsh in the slightest and his brother was furious when he was selected, as he hates Wales with a passion. Makes me angry people like him were selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    The fella is a complete nut job! I’d hate to be his team mate, he’d do my head in.
    He also mentions his time with Wales on that podcast. Apparently his grandmother was born in Wales while on holiday and that’s how he qualified. Said he didn’t feel Welsh in the slightest and his brother was furious when he was selected, as he hates Wales with a passion. Makes me angry people like him were selected.
    Why did he accept the call up?

If Andy Johnson was a young man starting out in today's society, then after listening to the podcast on undr the cosh, i'm certain that he would be diagnosed with some kind of mental illness, severe adhd or the like. He is off the scale, can't behave himself, doesn't have a filter, and pushes things to the limit. I know someone who was at Forest with him, and that person said that he was relentless, couldn't stop pissing about, talking, shitting in peoples shoes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If Andy Johnson was a young man starting out in today's society, then after listening to the podcast on undr the cosh, i'm certain that he would be diagnosed with some kind of mental illness, severe adhd or the like. He is off the scale, can't behave himself, doesn't have a filter, and pushes things to the limit. I know someone who was at Forest with him, and that person said that he was relentless, couldn't stop pissing about, talking, shitting in peoples shoes etc.
    Were they still wearing the shoes at the time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Why did he accept the call up?
    International football. England were never gonna call him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Why accept then and take the opportunity away from a genuine Welshman? What a prick. I listened to bits of that podcast and he came across as a right tw*t

Fortunately I think we're past stuff like that with the Welsh team. Many of the English born players now have played for us since they were kids and have a certain "Welshness" instilled in them. Watching them play and singing the anthem etc you'd never guess they'd been brought up in England, proof that nationality is about far more than where you're born

When he was talking about Wales it seems like it was a 3 day piss up. He said he’d pick up Dean Saunders and his wife would tell them to have a good holiday pmsl.
    Also Bobby Gould would tell them the training itinerary and Gary Speed would interrupt him and tell Bobby they’d be playing golf. No wonder we were crap!

I heard bit of that, I'm not sure why you would accept the call up.

I don't think his feelings would be shared by the modern day English convert but perhaps back in the day it was.

The commentary was ok, biased to be expected but he sounded like he was being tugged off every few minutes such was his excitement when they did anything remotely interesting.

Why do some people listen to the home commentary when we are away? I don’t get it

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why do some people listen to the home commentary when we are away? I don’t get it
    My guess is coz the Cardiff City streams on their Fire sticks don't work (like mine a couple of times last year), or whatever website/platform they're watching on only has the away commentary

How long before wales online read this and do an article lol

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    My guess is coz the Cardiff City streams on their Fire sticks don't work (like mine a couple of times last year), or whatever website/platform they're watching on only has the away commentary
    My friends stream apparently kept flicking between the two comms. Apparently

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    How long before wales online read this and do an article lol
    It was discussed in this mornings meeting but they have gone for breaking news on lidl cutting back their middle aisle offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It was discussed in this mornings meeting but they have gone for breaking news on lidl cutting back their middle aisle offerings.
    'Janice, 73, from Abercwmpepsi, said: "I'm absolutely spewing I haven't been able to pick up my weekly socket set and air fryer, honest to God I am"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They have a meeting and still put out that rubbish. I’m waiting for the next I earn £10000 on onlyfans

I wouldn't pay any attention to anything Andy Johnson says, he's a grade A moron with the mental age of a 12 year old.

Surprised Talksport haven't given him a show actually.