+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swansea fans behaving like spoilt Premier Leaguers.

Swansea fans behaving like spoilt Premier Leaguers.

Been watching the Arsenal All or Nothing programme on Amazon Prime and the worst bit about it for me was how entitled some of their fans are. Right at the end of the final episode there’s a fan bleating on about how it’s been a whole six years since he’s seen then qualify for the Champions League.

To be fair to them though Arsenal fans did grow used to Champions League football and their team were good enough once to expect to challenge for the title year in, year out, so maybe Arsenal fans have an excuse for being so entitled, but listening to a few of their fans on Call Rob tonight, I have to wonder why some Swansea fans have such a superiority complex?

This time last year it was normal to hear jacks fans talking about how they’d got their club back after the too defensive Steve Cooper (who had only managed to get them two top six finishes in two years) was hounded out by supporters insisting that the team had to play “The Swansea Way”.

I can’t remember hearing any dissenting voices when Russell Martin was appointed, but now we’re hearing once again about how boring their side are - if the football really is boring under the current manager, then the supporters have to accept some responsibility for it because he’s exactly what most of them wanted when a manager who got Forest promoted while playing good, attacking football was at their club.

Re: Swansea fans behaving like spoilt Premier Leaguers.

They talk about this “Swansea Way” which seems to be brilliant when they win, as soon as they lose it’s the manager’s fault. They are a strange, entitled bunch.

They are a completely self entitled deluded toxic fans base. Wanted Cooper out and in their last match in the PL were chanting thats why we are going down after mistakes.

Win all is good , lose they want their club back whatever that means.

Seems like there is strife there,no money unless they offload a player.

75% possession. It’s the Chuckle Brothers game plan. To me to you, to me to you, to me to you

Owners have sold millions bought shite and they wonder why.
    Give my regards to the earth's core .

I assumed that last seasons embarrassment of us would have given him a few years good grace at least. Doesn’t look like.

The manager is a bit of a loon in my opinion. He seems to think that he's some kind of footballing guru. He just doesn't have the players capable of playing his system, which is extreme to the max. Not even Liverpool, Man City or Barcelona are that rigid in their style and tactics. They will all adapt when needed, and will play educated long balls into channels at the right moments. Not our Russ, his football is sect like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The manager is a bit of a loon in my opinion. He seems to think that he's some kind of footballing guru. He just doesn't have the players capable of playing his system, which is extreme to the max. Not even Liverpool, Man City or Barcelona are that rigid in their style and tactics. They will all adapt when needed, and will play educated long balls into channels at the right moments. Not our Russ, his football is sect like.
    He’s like Johnson used to be at Bristol. Just talks a load of corporate style management bollox.

When it works it makes him look like a visionary, when it fails though, he looks a dick 😂

The Jacks generally seem to have spent the previous decade with good managers , on the whole and spent a very good stretch ....was in 7 seasons .....in the Premier League

Given that they have sold a fair few players for quite big money and don't seem to have splashed out in the transfer market like we have .....

Why are they in not as healthy a financial position as was thought ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Jacks generally seem to have spent the previous decade with good managers , on the whole and spent a very good stretch ....was in 7 seasons .....in the Premier League

Given that they have sold a fair few players for quite big money and don't seem to have splashed out in the transfer market like we have .....

They were paying some hefty salaries while they were in the Premier league and for a season or two when they returned to the championship.

They were paying some hefty salaries while they were in the Premier league and for a season or two when they returned to the championship.
    Apparently they have always paid a good wage to attract players as its a bit of an outpost

There are worse places to live than Swansea .....I can't think of any though .....but its a bit out of the way and they are all a bit backward down there

I'm comparing Swansea players' touches of the ball with ours. So far this season they've had an average of 770 touches per game compared with our 572. Our goalkeeper, Allsopp, has had more touches of the ball than Fisher.

Their centre backs have an average of 276 touches per game, compared with ours having an average of 113.

Their defensive midfielders have an average of 132, compared with ours of 98.

Combined, their goalkeeper, centre backs and defensive midfielders have 58% of the ball. Ours has 46%.

Our attacking 3 has had just over 20% of all touches. Theirs has had 15%.

They've still had almost twice as many shots on target as us on average.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I assumed that last seasons embarrassment of us would have given him a few years good grace at least. Doesn’t look like.
    No, they don’t seem to have recovered from king huw selling them out to an American hedge fund. It only takes a few losses and you hear talk of the trust taking them to court, then they win a few it’s all rosey again. Until the 90th minute v millwall they were cockahoop, all turned sour in 4 mins….. a nice relegation back to league 1 for 10/15 years would be just the tonic for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

What ever happened to their much sought after academy they always harped on and on about?

A lot of them are completely deluded. Cooper worked wonders to get them to the play-offs two years in a row and they thought he was holding them back. I'd love to know what was going through their minds when Forest won the play-off final.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    A lot of them are completely deluded. Cooper worked wonders to get them to the play-offs two years in a row and they thought he was holding them back. I'd love to know what was going through their minds when Forest won the play-off final.
    Probably that they got promoted the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No, they don’t seem to have recovered from king huw selling them out to an American hedge fund. It only takes a few losses and you hear talk of the trust taking them to court, then they win a few it’s all rosey again. Until the 90th minute v millwall they were cockahoop, all turned sour in 4 mins….. a nice relegation back to league 1 for 10/15 years would be just the tonic for them.
    Please let there be a god

What ever happened to their much sought after academy they always harped on and on about?
    They got that lad from Cardiff from that didn't they ?

They were spending a fair bit on some shite by the end as well. £11m on Roque Mesa and £15m on Borja Baston stand out as particularly poor purchases, big wages on top of that (60k for Ayew wasn't it?)

They are good at spotting undervalued players and that'll continue to bail them out as the academy seems to be drying up a little

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They were spending a fair bit on some shite by the end as well. £11m on Roque Mesa and £15m on Borja Baston stand out as particularly poor purchases, big wages on top of that (60k for Ayew wasn't it?)

They are good at spotting undervalued players and that'll continue to bail them out as the academy seems to be drying up a little
    80k for Ayew-I think.

Bunch of window lickers, manager included.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Bunch of window lickers, manager included.
    Did you sort out a horse ?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Who was the ginger guy ended up at Stoke? Clucas? He was 10-15 million too, basically they blew about £60 million on rubbish

Who was the ginger guy ended up at Stoke? Clucas? He was 10-15 million too, basically they blew about £60 million on rubbish
    Logic would indicate the transfer income they made for players massively offsets players that flopped. Not difficult to easily list money we've wasted too.

The entire thread is incredibly silly in my opinion.

Yes, the "Swansea Way" claim is stupid, well so to is it silly that Morison has several times referred to our DNA. If you look at the Jacks, Martinez kicked things off, Rodgers pressed on. Same general style, with managers tweaking. Sousa, Cooper to a degree and now Martin were all far, far more defensive in nature - Sousa and Martin padding possession stats without creating.

I'm sure if we passed for the sake of passing without creating our fanbase would be whining too. Indeed, we've had enough fans whining about the style over the years, maybe they are entitled Prem leaguers too?