+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: USYK V JOSHUA

USYK V JOSHUA

Rematch.

Thoughts. Im going for Usyk winning by stoppage around round 10.

Re: USYK V JOSHUA

Joshua goes for the early knockout, gets tired, Usyk picks him off in the 9th round.

Usyk, think AJ will last 7 or 8 rounds, no more. Usyk coming with more power, wants to take AJ out. Not saying AJ got no chance, but if the job's not done by middle rounds, he's out of there.
    Would love to see Usyk v Fury but not sure Fury wants any of this guy!

Usyk was very close to stopping AJ in the last fight.
    The last round ended 10 seconds early!
    It will be interesting to see what Robert Garcia has brought to the table...more than McCraken did I'm sure.

Hard to know what style to adopt for AJ
    Either way I think Usyk finishes him rounds 7/8 after a slow start.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Usyk was very close to stopping AJ in the last fight.
    The last round ended 10 seconds early!
    It will be interesting to see what Robert Garcia has brought to the table...more than McCraken did I'm sure.

Hard to know what style to adopt for AJ
    Either way I think Usyk finishes him rounds 7/8 after a slow start.
    McCracken arguably cost him the fight in my opinion.
    Bit of a joke yelling "you're doing well" when he's getting done!
    Don't think AJ's got any choice but to trade and I think Usyk has a better chin.
    We saw what happened when he traded with Ruiz too.

...am against the grain here....I think AJ will win....maybe a technical stoppage....

Usyk will win in 7 rounds max imo.

Usyk in the 7th, fight will be stopped by the ref. I heard the fight is £26 via Sky Sports ppv. Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    McCracken arguably cost him the fight in my opinion.
    Bit of a joke yelling "you're doing well" when he's getting done!
    Don't think AJ's got any choice but to trade and I think Usyk has a better chin.
    We saw what happened when he traded with Ruiz too.
    All you could hear was "Brilliant, AJ".
    Odd that he stopped to apparently ask Clifton Mitchell for advice during the ring walk.

I think his chin and his heart are questionable.
    He won't be able to get away dancing around the ring like he did in the Ruiz rematch.

I guess that his good solid jab is AJ's best option to keep him outside but Usyks footwork and head movement are just on another level.

Wash DC Blue;5334429I guess that his good solid jab is AJ's best option to keep him outside but Usyks footwork and head movement are just on another level.
    His footwork is immense. Not sure if he's done martial arts previously but that's where that kind of footwork normally comes from. It's not something you see in boxing often.

He can close space fast, AJ won't keep him off with a jab.

AJ's best shot is probably trying to land a big uppercut, it's probably the one shot no boxer is ever quite prepared for.

Usyk, think AJ will last 7 or 8 rounds, no more. Usyk coming with more power, wants to take AJ out. Not saying AJ got no chance, but if the job's not done by middle rounds, he's out of there.
    Would love to see Usyk v Fury but not sure Fury wants any of this guy!
    Fury beats Usyk, he's to big.

Joshua is going to have to put it on Usyk in the first half of the fight. Make it a brawl, lean on usyk, don't try and box with a boxer. I think that joshua might hurt usyk early in the fight as he goes looking for him. Problem for me is the second half of the fight. Joshua will gas. He has to do enough in the first half of the fight if he's to win on points, or get usyk out early. My predictions-Joshua TKO middle rounds-Usyk stoppage round 11

My prediction is AJ puts Usyk down in the second and Usyk knocks AJ out in the 4th.
    I hope AJ don’t win though because him and Eddie Hearn will be playing dodgems again in the heavy weight devision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fury beats Usyk, he's to big.
    Don't be naiive. Fury does not like southpaw's and he's never been in with one that moves like Usyk.
    The ideal scenario for Fury is an all UK fight against AJ and I'm not entirely sure he fancies that really but he knows damn well he has to fight the winner whichever way it goes or he'll get called out for bottling it if he doesn't. AJ is the easier of the two.

Fury doesn't have big power, he'll struggle more with AJ than he did Wilder for sure. If you take Wilder's big over-hand right away, he can't box, he has nothing else. Fury knows AJ has some power and will be able to take Fury's not so hard shots.

Usyk is another problem altogether. A very tricky southpaw with incredible movement, a great chin, and power to boot.

Don't be naiive. Fury does not like southpaw's and he's never been in with one that moves like Usyk.
    The ideal scenario for Fury is an all UK fight against AJ and I'm not entirely sure he fancies that really but he knows damn well he has to fight the winner whichever way it goes or he'll get called out for bottling it if he doesn't. AJ is the easier of the two.

Fury doesn't have big power, he'll struggle more with AJ than he did Wilder for sure. If you take Wilder's big over-hand right away, he can't box, he has nothing else. Fury knows AJ has some power and will be able to take Fury's not so hard shots.

Usyk is another problem altogether. A very tricky southpaw with incredible movement, a great chin, and power to boot.
    Fury gives Joshua a beat down, easy fight for fury. He beats usyk all day and every day.

To add, usyk has never been in the ring with someone like fury. Usyk can't hurt fury.

To add, usyk has never been in the ring with someone like fury. Usyk can't hurt fury.
    Very naiive.
    Let's see when Fury meets Usyk, which has to happen if Usyk beats AJ of course, which I think will happen.
    Fury's not the unbeatable god you seem to think he is. He's been a bit fortunate in his career and has been very fortunate previously. Since then, his career has been managed in a way that's seen him select opponents that his team know he can beat. Wilder being a prime example.
    He's used Wilder (a fighter that literally can't box for shit) to create a legendary profile.
    He's not a legend, he's fought very little outside of Wilder who can't box!
    We'll see.

I agree Fury beats Usyk by comfortable UD decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I agree Fury beats Usyk by comfortable UD decision.

Is this the same Fury that nearly got done by Cunningham, and deliberately retired for 3 years in order to avoid the mandatory rematch with Vladimir Klitschko, that Fury?

Is this the same Fury that nearly got done by Cunningham, and deliberately retired for 3 years in order to avoid the mandatory rematch with Vladimir Klitschko, that Fury?

What's so funny?
    At least back it up ffs!

What's so funny?
    At least back it up ffs!
    You're funny.

You're funny.