+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USYK V JOSHUA

Re: USYK V JOSHUA

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Ok Phyllis, I'm sure my near 40 years of boxing study pales into comparison to your 5 minutes here and there of yawnable opinion.
    . Sick burn.
    My family have been involved in professional and amateur boxing since the Second World War and have trained Olympians, British champions worked as corner men in title fights. I have a first hand knowledge of the sport from as you g as I can remember. Not that any of the matters as everyone’s opinion is valid…..even yours. It’s worth remembering that Wilder pre Fury was considered the most dangerous heavyweight in the division and was an overwhelming favourite to win.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    It’s worth remembering that Wilder pre Fury was considered the most dangerous heavyweight in the division and was an overwhelming favourite to win.
    Because of his big right hand. Fury showed what many were already thinking, take that away from him and he can't box. And he can't, he's truly awful!

A banger like that will get you a long way in this sport if you can keep landing it. However, when you get to elite level and start coming up against fighters with tactical teams in their corners, then it goes without saying that you'll get found out.

He'll still keep knocking most people out, as I don't see many heavyweights out there at the moment that have the size, speed or smarts to avoid or nullify that big over-hand right.

He's no boxer though, as much as I hate to say that, he is just a banger. Usyk for example would be too fast for him, as Fury was. I think AJ would cause him more problems than most too due to his size and range.

Heavyweight Derek Chisora: "AJ better win. The whole nation is counting on him. We need him to win. You don't get it. We need him to win. If he don't win it means your paycheque goes down."

Good ol' Del-boy.

started as boxing match between USYK v JOSHUA
    ended up a keyboard warrior scrap between Ninja and everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    started as boxing match between USYK v JOSHUA
    ended up a keyboard warrior scrap between Ninja and everyone else
    Hardly a scrap is it?
    If people differ in opinion, that's fine.

Because of his big right hand. Fury showed what many were already thinking, take that away from him and he can't box. And he can't, he's truly awful!

A banger like that will get you a long way in this sport if you can keep landing it. However, when you get to elite level and start coming up against fighters with tactical teams in their corners, then it goes without saying that you'll get found out.

He'll still keep knocking most people out, as I don't see many heavyweights out there at the moment that have the size, speed or smarts to avoid or nullify that big over-hand right.

He's no boxer though, as much as I hate to say that, he is just a banger. Usyk for example would be too fast for him, as Fury was. I think AJ would cause him more problems than most too due to his size and range.
    I don’t necessarily disagree that Wilder can’t box but boxing is a funny old game - particularly at heavyweight where power can cancel out skill in a second. You could potentially be the most successful and dangerous boxer ever at heavyweight without the pure skills and technique. So what I’m saying is just because Wilder is quite a poor technical boxer - doesn’t mean he was ineffective, or arguable the most dangerous available opponent in quite a poor heavyweight division. I personally like Fury - I know he’s like marmite but he’s fully aware of his strengths and weaknesses and uses them well, his team and he are also very canny at having a good fight plan based on an opponent. Is he entertaining to watch? On face value probably not. Is he a great heavyweight? Maybe maybe not but in a poor division he’s made the most of what he’s got and his opportunities.

Hardly a scrap is it?
    If people differ in opinion, that's fine.
    Meet you behind the bike sheds after school !

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I don’t necessarily disagree that Wilder can’t box but boxing is a funny old game - particularly at heavyweight where power can cancel out skill in a second. You could potentially be the most successful and dangerous boxer ever at heavyweight without the pure skills and technique. So what I’m saying is just because Wilder is quite a poor technical boxer - doesn’t mean he was ineffective, or arguable the most dangerous available opponent in quite a poor heavyweight division. I personally like Fury - I know he’s like marmite but he’s fully aware of his strengths and weaknesses and uses them well, his team and he are also very canny at having a good fight plan based on an opponent. Is he entertaining to watch? On face value probably not. Is he a great heavyweight? Maybe maybe not but in a poor division he’s made the most of what he’s got and his opportunities.
    Fair points, power can be the difference I agree.
    I don't dislike Fury, I do however think he's somewhat over-rated. Admittedly you can only beat what's in front of you, he's been lucky that he's missed the era of the likes of Holyfield, Lewis etc etc.
    It frustrates me when he blows his own trumpet and calls himself a legend etc, there's quite a few heavyweights from the past that would have stuck him to the canvas

Joshua has the power to knock him out if he lands.

I think he is too scared to throw too much though.
    I'm not sure where he got this obsession with boxing Usyk from but he needs to drop that and go for it.
    As many have already said if he doesn't get Usyk out of there in 4 or 5 then I think he gasses and gets stopped like against Ruiz.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Joshua has the power to knock him out if he lands.

I think he is too scared to throw too much though.
    I'm not sure where he got this obsession with boxing Usyk from but he needs to drop that and go for it.
    As many have already said if he doesn't get Usyk out of there in 4 or 5 then I think he gasses and gets stopped like against Ruiz.
    Alright mate? Good to see you back on here, it’s got worse since you left mind haha

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Alright mate? Good to see you back on here, it’s got worse since you left mind haha
    Yeah. All good mate.

I'm keeping it strictly on topic. Try to stay away from the arguments.

Yeah. All good mate.

Almost impossible nowadays mate haha ****ing nuts on here

Yeah. All good mate.

no you're not

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    no you're not

no you're not
    Hahaha

Sarcastic smile there, obviously gagging for an argument haha

Let's hope USYK dumps him on his arse

Shit atmosphere so far.....I'm sure the Sweet Cameline will get the locals going.

Enjoyed that 4 rounder, Al Samreen looked good. Early stoppage though IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Shit atmosphere so far.....I'm sure the Sweet Cameline will get the locals going.
    And swap their waters for Vodka

Ol Jonny Nelson has put a bit of timber on

Two poor heavyweights here, these are next in line for a title shot, Fck me

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Two poor heavyweights here, these are next in line for a title shot, Fck me
    Did it have to be so fecking hot in there...never heard of AC

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Did it have to be so fecking hot in there...never heard of AC
    Yeah they did look sweaty and drained, let’s hope it doesn’t negatively effect the main event.

International

no you're not
    Oh yes he is!