+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USYK V JOSHUA

Re: USYK V JOSHUA

Judge gave it to Joshua needs sacking, joker

Joshua’s corner didn’t help him by saying he was winning every round. Second-best all night long. That suppressed his hunger to do better

Ridiculous judges scores making a split decision. Only one winner.

Thankfully Usyk was the winner as anything else would have been a travesty.

Good effort from Joshua But clearly second best and now seems to be acting a bit of an arsehole

Split Decision!!??
    I scored it 116-112 to Usyk being generous.

what is Joshua doing here

Disgraceful

Cringe inducing post fight from AJ.

Bruno was a fit fella but punched like little rabbit

Sounded like AJ is the same

Grabbing all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Cringe inducing post fight from AJ.
    What happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Disgraceful
    Agreed, very petulant.

Threw belts.

Stormed off.

Stormed back.

Grabbed mic and rambled story about jail, being 18st; Jack Dempsey and Hip Hip Hooray five times for Usyk.

Really confirmed my thoughts on AJ.
    Pig of a bloke...all that "Stay Humble" bollox.

Eddie Hearn can't even spin it.

Very odd behaviour post fight.
    Souness would probably have told AJ he should have taken it like a man, but instead AJ chucked his toys out of his pram and had a rant. No doubt he's upset he lost but all that should have been kept for the press conference, not during Usyk's moment of victory.

This thread saw an epic heavyweight clash between two monstrous hitters which went the distance and the watching audience was on its feet, more agog than during any Frazier/Ali scrap. It had it all - low blows, rabbit punches, much slipperyness, switching from lefty to south paw but the result was never in doubt - despite the split decision: Tuerto 115 to Ninja's 113. We have a new CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Very odd behaviour post fight.
    Souness would probably have told AJ he should have taken it like a man, but instead AJ chucked his toys out of his pram and had a rant. No doubt he's upset he lost but all that should have been kept for the press conference, not during Usyk's moment of victory.
    Sounds pretty bad, I doubt his opponent went to private school and had an easy life either…..

Thought AJ did alright up until the 9th I think it was. Usyk was backed up the round before but then came out full of energy and dominated the championship rounds.

Just a very classy fighter, footwork, speed and stamina. Not massive punches but constantly hitting his target.

Fury beats him I think as he has much of what Usyk does but also the size which he will use but what a fight that would be. Would love to see it.

I was confused what happened post fight, all seemed quite calm and respectful until AJ seemed to get upset at something then it all turned a bit cringe.

I think that was the behaviour of a man that knows he was beaten hands down again. He knows Usyk is the better man and it’s frustrating for him to admit that.

Hearn and his team need to take some responsibility for that as they gassed him up for years. I hope he doesn’t fight again, relax and enjoy your money.

Sad to see him upset, he’s obviously struggling with these losses mentally. To be such a dominant force, and then get truly humbled is hard to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Threw belts.

Stormed off.

Stormed back.

Grabbed mic and rambled story about jail, being 18st; Jack Dempsey and Hip Hip Hooray five times for Usyk.
    He needs to get out more and join in street demonstrations ..

He's just not that good enough , a poor man's Lennox Lewis..

I like AJ a lot and it was cringeworthy watching after the fight but I don’ buy into this “after ten years in the public eye where’s conducted himself impeccably the mask has slipped, he’s actually an an asshole” business. It was a guy who’s head had completely gone, none of us have any idea about the pressures and emotions of what goes into a fight like that and the consequences of losing. People banging on about how that shows what he’s like must have never lost their temper or acted like a bit of a dick in their lives.

The worst thing he did was throw the belts on the ground, totally out of order but at least he tried to make amends for it, albeit in a mad rambling highly strung way (and yes I’m aware that was partly due to an awareness of that he needed to try and fix his image)

Lovely Queen tribute at the end of his speech though to be fair

There was only ever going to be one result.
    Usyk is, at the moment, a better boxer.
    AJ has the tools to do a lot better but he needs to strip weight and a bit of muscle.
    Fury's not wrong in calling him a body-builder, he is just that. He needs to strip down and work more on stamina, speed and agility.
    Easier said than done though when you've spent so long focusing on bulk, he needs to change his mind-set and approach.
    I honestly expected AJ to come in lighter with that being the focus, but he came in even heavier!

All credit to Usyk, he's a class act.
    I see Fury's retirement was over 5 mins after the result was announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    There was only ever going to be one result.
    Usyk is, at the moment, a better boxer.
    AJ has the tools to do a lot better but he needs to strip weight and a bit of muscle.
    Fury's not wrong in calling him a body-builder, he is just that. He needs to strip down and work more on stamina, speed and agility.
    Easier said than done though when you've spent so long focusing on bulk, he needs to change his mind-set and approach.
    I honestly expected AJ to come in lighter with that being the focus, but he came in even heavier!

All credit to Usyk, he's a class act.
    I see Fury's retirement was over 5 mins after the result was announced!
    Haha yeah Fury was always going to be all over social media after this, whatever the result haha

AJ did much better than I thought he would. Impressed with his fitness levels compared to previous outing where he looked gassed after 6. I would suggest he was so pissed because that is the absolute pinnacle of what an AJ performance can be. The split decision was comical at best - suspicious at worst. The one piece of credit to AJ and his camp is that they have shown others of a couple of weakness in Usyk - shots to the body and some weakness when boxing on the inside. But hats off to Usyk he is such a great and canny boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    AJ did much better than I thought he would. Impressed with his fitness levels compared to previous outing where he looked gassed after 6. I would suggest he was so pissed because that is the absolute pinnacle of what an AJ performance can be. The split decision was comical at best - suspicious at worst. The one piece of credit to AJ and his camp is that they have shown others of a couple of weakness in Usyk - shots to the body and some weakness when boxing on the inside. But hats off to Usyk he is such a great and canny boxer.
    The body shots didn’t seem to phase him so not sure you can say that’s a weakness.

Joshua just looked like he ran out ideas, showed how limited he is as a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The body shots didn’t seem to phase him so not sure you can say that’s a weakness.

Joshua just looked like he ran out ideas, showed how limited he is as a fighter.
    They definitely worked. They weren't just being fired in to floor him or even to hurt him necessarily but it forced him to adjust his defence, and they can be really really draining on the stamina when delivered effectively. Usyk was in a little trouble a couple of times and it was all that good body work that set it up.

But it's all relative as Usyk was always too shrewd for Joshua I just think AJ & camp did a decent job tactically.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    They definitely worked. They weren't just being fired in to floor him or even to hurt him necessarily but it forced him to adjust his defence, and they can be really really draining on the stamina when delivered effectively. Usyk was in a little trouble a couple of times and it was all that good body work that set it up.

But it's all relative as Usyk was always too shrewd for Joshua I just think AJ & camp did a decent job tactically.
    All about opinions mate, I think they Fcked it again by telling him he was doing better than he was. He didn’t try to bully him at all, which is the only way he was going to win for me. Problem is we saw in the 10th round what Usyk can do when the fight opens up.

Not sure there is a game plan that means Joshua wins other than swing and hope

Yeah I thought it was odd they were telling him he'd won rounds when clearly he hadn't. That didn't help at all I agree. And probably contributed to his hissy fit.