+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: USYK V JOSHUA

Re: USYK V JOSHUA

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    All about opinions mate, I think they Fcked it again by telling him he was doing better than he was. He didn’t try to bully him at all, which is the only way he was going to win for me. Problem is we saw in the 10th round what Usyk can do when the fight opens up.

Not sure there is a game plan that means Joshua wins other than swing and hope
    I'm just not sure how you bully someone you can't hit, I'm sure Joshua would have loved to bully him!

Question now is where does he go from here?
    He can't beat Usyk, I can't see him taking a risk with Wilder, and he won't get a crack at Fury now unless Fury beats Usyk and then wants to fight AJ.
    And then there are mandatory fight's that may get in the way for Fury even if he does want to fight AJ.
    I can see it being back to Dillian Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm just not sure how you bully someone you can't hit, I'm sure Joshua would have loved to bully him!
    Lean on him, close the range, at least try to engage. He seemed more happy with the fact that he lasted 12 rounds, yeah you’re fit, well
    Done mate but you lost.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Lean on him, close the range, at least try to engage. He seemed more happy with the fact that he lasted 12 rounds, yeah you’re fit, well
    Done mate but you lost.
    He tried that to be fair, quite a bit. Usyk was shoving him off whenever AJ tried leaning on him.
    I just think he went in there too heavy and his bulk and weight is costing him.
    Look at how Calzaghe fought, never too big, always ready for 12 rounds and fast enough to score a lot of points.
    Obviously very different weights, but the point here is that had AJ gone down that route instead of coming in even heavier, he'd have scored more points and made a closer fight of it.

Will be very interesting to see Fury v Usyk. I think Fury can do better of course, but he's not very comfortable with southpaws and he's going to get clipped a lot by Usyk's speed.
    Makes for an intriguing fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    He tried that to be fair, quite a bit. Usyk was shoving him off whenever AJ tried leaning on him.
    Look at how Calzaghe fought, never too big, always ready for 12 rounds and fast enough to score a lot of points.
    Obviously very different weights, but the point here is that had AJ gone down that route instead of coming in even heavier, he'd have scored more points and made a closer fight of it.

Will be very interesting to see Fury v Usyk. I think Fury can do better of course, but he's not very comfortable with southpaws and he's going to get clipped a lot by Usyk's speed.
    Shoving him off, but he’s not strong according to AJ haha.

Yeah Usyk v Fury would be a great match up and I’d be completely neutral so would enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

Saying Joshua should fight more like calzaghe is like telling max Watters he should just be more like Messi. AJ will never be fast and skilful, that's not just a weight thing it's a talent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Saying Joshua should fight more like calzaghe is like telling max Watters he should just be more like Messi. AJ will never be fast and skilful, that's not just a weight thing it's a talent thing.
    You can't train technique too easily but it is easier to slim down and train speed, stamina and footwork.