Thread: David Brooks

David Brooks

Due to be fully integrated into the 1st team squad within the next 7 days

Re: David Brooks

That is excellent news.

Well done David,awesome achievement.

His current schedule is split between modified training and training with the first team, so it will be the final step towards full fitness.

Some cautious optimism from the Bournemouth manager, including comments about the World Cup.

SCOTT Parker revealed that Cherries star David Brooks is “constantly” asking his boss when he can return to training, with the head coach stating: “I'm extremely excited to see him back.”

Welsh international Brooks missed large swathes of the season last term after being diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma whilst on international duty with Wales in October.

After successfully undergoing treatment to fight the cancer, there was further good news when it was announced earlier this week that the 25-year-old had signed a new deal at the Vitality Stadium, extending his stay to the summer of 2026.

Whilst again clear and careful to stress that Brooks was not yet ready for a return to the Premier League, Parker shared that he was nearing a return.

When asked if Brooks’ return would be like a new signing, Parker replied:

“Yeah it will be.

“I'm extremely excited to see him back.”

“A massive player we missed and the quality we missed last year with Brooksy and the situation which he was in, I think first and foremost, absolutely delighted to have him back in terms of general health and getting over where he is.

“He's progressed very well. It has been slow, of course, and we've had to tread really carefully, but probably over the last couple of weeks we've pushed on that work and he's come through that work very, very well.

“We're getting closer to the point where hopefully he can be in a position to come and help us and join the team.

“And like I said, a player of Brooksy’s quality, Premier League experience and the quality he will bring will only help us as well.

“So, it's been a long road for him and in terms of his general demeanor, he missed football first and foremost.

“Obviously at the start of it, football was probably irrelevant and it was more the fact of life, in that sense and getting through the cancer.

“And then now, actually now I see someone who can't wait to get back out and he's constantly on me. ‘When can I train? When I can train fully?’

“But we're having to tread a bit carefully on that.”

When asked if he Brooks would be ruled out of the World Cup, Parker responded: “No, definitely not.

“He's heading certainly in the right direction. I'm always very wary around Brooksy in terms of giving some real defined dates on exactly when he may be coming back.

“But certainly, he's definitely heading in the right direction.

“He's done the most amount of work now over the last ten days, and he's come through that very well.

“So, yeah, I'd like to think that in the coming weeks we'll be in a position where I can say we're at that point now where we can start seeing him in around matchday squads, and being at a level of fitness that we feel adequate enough to go and operate in the Premier League, really.

“And certainly he's heading in that direction. So it's pleasing for me.”
    https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp...-stars-return/

Well done David, all the very best to you. Bournemouth have really looked after David and have even extended his contract to 2026. Well done Bournemouth.

He started for the U21 team today in Bournemouths game with Brentford.
    Good news.

https://talksport.com/football/11834...free-recovery/

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He started for the U21 team today in Bournemouths game with Brentford.
    Good news.

https://talksport.com/football/11834...free-recovery/
    Good news indeed.
    Best advice now would be to take a season long loan at a Welsh championship club. One beginning with C.