+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Too much Gas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gas Price

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Go on mate what do you mean by green agenda?
    Closure of profit making coal mines.
    Fracking applictions refused
    Closure of nuclear power plants due to green levies
    Social and environmental obligation costs added to bills

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Closure of profit making coal mines.
    Fracking applictions refused
    Closure of nuclear power plants due to green levies
    Social and environmental obligation costs added to bills
    The reason why much of the UK's electricity is generated using gas-fired power stations is because coal-fired stations became much more expensive.

Nuclear plants in the UK closed because they reached the end of their economic life.

If the UK had invested more in its own renewables, it would be much closer to the energy security it now desires.

The position the UK is in with regard to mitigating energy costs lies squarely with its government which has completely failed to plan and investment in a coherent energy strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The reason why much of the UK's electricity is generated using gas-fired power stations is because coal-fired stations became much more expensive.

Nuclear plants in the UK closed because they reached the end of their economic life.

If the UK had invested more in its own renewables, it would be much closer to the energy security it now desires.

The position the UK is in with regard to mitigating energy costs lies squarely with its government which has completely failed to plan and investment in a coherent energy strategy.
    I think you are letting the conclusion you desire cloud your judgement.

UK has a greater range of energy mix than many, use more renewables than most and we pretty much lead the world in off-shore wind (I think China just overtook us).

The issue is almost wholly the rise in global gas prices (and most covid bounceback in demand); As of today, wholesale prices 400% higher than a year ago in Britain, what Europe generally buys is 550% (!!) higher than a year ago.

Unfortunately gas still provides 40% of our electricity generation, so there is little we can do in terms of the cost.
    https://grid.iamkate.com/

Governments can of course offer varying degrees of support to mitigate the cost but thats a different question I think.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think you are letting the conclusion you desire cloud your judgement.

UK has a greater range of energy mix than many, use more renewables than most and we pretty much lead the world in off-shore wind (I think China just overtook us).

The issue is almost wholly the rise in global gas prices (and most covid bounceback in demand); As of today, wholesale prices 400% higher than a year ago in Britain, what Europe generally buys is 550% (!!) higher than a year ago.

Unfortunately gas still provides 40% of our electricity generation, so there is little we can do in terms of the cost.
    https://grid.iamkate.com/

Governments can of course offer varying degrees of support to mitigate the cost but thats a different question I think.
    What point(s) in my post do you disagree with?

What "conclusion" do I desire?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Or maybe they planned for this very scenario?