+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Too much Gas

Re: Up the Gas

I reckon I could make this a 5 pager just by answering my own posts.

Gas Prices v Russian Victory

As I've been hoisted by my own petard I thought I should start a thread just for balance!

Re: Gas Prices v Russian Victory

Is this thread about the permanent shrinking of western economies?

CN for MOD
    CN for MOD
    CN for MOD

Re: Up the Gas

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I reckon I could make this a 5 pager just by answering my own posts.
    Go for it. My record is 4 pages

Re: Gas Prices v Russian Defeat

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    You mean the guy who was spot on with East Timor ?
    And many other conflicts.

Re: Too much Gas

I think the fundamental system of privatising gas and electricity was wrong but would also argue that the measures taken to make the system 'fairer' have actually made it worse.

The mandating of a split between the extraction and supply arms of energy companies has meant that we are now subject to international market pricing for gas from our own fields. Without that split there could be regulations mandating that companies could only charge a certain percentage over extraction costs

The move to increase competition has also been disastrous for consumers. Meant to result in better competition and lower prices but it's actually just lumbered people with the costs of paying for these companies when they go busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is this thread about the permanent shrinking of western economies?
    Yes.

There you go, all gas threads merged and moved to this forum.

I don't like to step in when grown adults are trying to argue a point, I like to think you can sort with a coherent argument and a virtual handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    CN for MOD
    CN for MOD
    CN for MOD
    Have you read the kind of abuse a moderator gets? It's worse than refereeing! Thankless task. Much easier for me to carp from the sidelines with my brand of critique and self-deprecation!

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/polit...box=1661764025

I'm not right-wing, I just agree with everything right-wingers say and do'

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    There you go, all gas threads merged and moved to this forum.

I don't like to step in when grown adults are trying to argue a point, I like to think you can sort with a coherent argument and a virtual handshake.
    Great title for a thread Boss!

International

Re: Gas Price

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You lose either way, cos climate regulations will mean the end of abundance, living smaller, and eating bugs. Your kids will never experience what you did, e.g. fulfilling jobs, home ownership, quality leisure time, freedom to travel, etc. Instead they will be digitally monitored, and their digital money will be turned off if they are not compliant citizens. One man's utopia is another man's hell hole.
    He doesn't know what he wants, one minute he wants Boris to pay his gas and electric bll, the next he would rather increase costs for climate change?

Thick as shyte and blows with the wind!

Re: Gas Price

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree that Doucas has gone over a line a few times in this thread with language that cannot be justified,

Great post and proves exactly the point I made

if the poster is on your " side " you feel the need to back them / not call them out, you have said "Doucas has gone over a line a few times in this thread with language that cannot be justified " but didnt feel the need to call him out on it, yet if Lither had made the posts you would have been all over them ( as would plenty of others )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Great post and proves exactly the point I made

if the poster is on your " side " you feel the need to back them / not call them out, you have said "Doucas has gone over a line a few times in this thread with language that cannot be justified " but didnt feel the need to call him out on it, yet if Lither had made the posts you would have been all over them ( as would plenty of others )
    Totally missing the point again!

You continue to be content with Lither’s philosophical fascist contributions I see.

Anyway, UK wholesale Gas prices down nearly a third this morning.
    This following European gas prices being down 20+% yesterday

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/uk-natural-gas

Uk wholesale gas price fell 30% yesterday. Up 25% today. More or less the same for European gas prices.

Absolutely ridiculous. Putin can do this by pushing a few buttons

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodities

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Totally missing the point again!

You continue to be content with Lither’s philosophical fascist contributions I see.
    no, and once again, you fail to see that you are concentrating on Lither's ( in your view, extreme posts ) yet not offering the same to posts from people who feel are on " your side "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    no, and once again, you fail to see that you are concentrating on Lither's ( in your view, extreme posts ) yet not offering the same to posts from people who feel are on " your side "
    The guy repeatedly writes posts saying that only white people are native British, he has views that even the BNP would probably step back from, and from reading your post it seems you don't consider them extreme?

For a moderator on a Cardiff City board, a multi racial and cultural city that wants to welcome everyone to the club, this is quite a statement.

UK wholesale prices up 35% in the last hour.

Thats up 140 GBP/thm from 400 to 540.

For context, between 2013 and 2021 it varied from 15 GBP/thm to 80