+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Too much Gas

Re: Gas Price

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Glad you're with the 'switched on' kids. It's cool to be hip.
    Oh, I’m not with them and the only hip I’d be involved in would have the abbreviation ‘op’ after it. You more less confirmed the problem though, you don’t particularly care about what’s in store for future generations, you make light of it with a quip. And you wonder why some of us think we’ve buggered things up for the next generation. You don’t give a shite, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Because eventually when you do pass on, and you will believe me, it’s inevitable, it’ll be one less Brexit supporter. Multiply that over time
    and the people who voted ‘out’ will be thinned out as I think ‘switched on’ younger folk realise it was a huge mistake and will be sufficient in numbers to reverse the issue. I’ll be gone on as well, so don’t think I’m wishing anyone any ill, it’s the inevitable march of time.
    Unfortunately a good number of people who opposed Brexit - the generation who experienced World War Two and held on to the idea of a united peaceful Europe - have already died (my dad amongst them).

The generation that followed leaned Brexit. It also produced those politicians who viewed every issue through a nationalist lens, lit by the White Cliffs and acted as if they had personally been on the beaches at D Day - the toy soldiers of the ERG.

Where Doucas gets it wrong is painting an entire generation with the same toilet brush. A majority did endorse, excuse and deflect from the shit show - but a big minority did not.

I stand with Parker, TOBW and the Nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Unfortunately a good number of people who opposed Brexit - the generation who experienced World War Two and held on to the idea of a united peaceful Europe - have already died (my dad amongst them).

The generation that followed leaned Brexit. It also produced those politicians who viewed every issue through a nationalist lens, lit by the White Cliffs and acted as if they had personally been on the beaches at D Day - the toy soldiers of the ERG.

Where Doucas gets it wrong is painting an entire generation with the same toilet brush. A majority did endorse, excuse and deflect from the shit show - but a big minority did not.

Exactly right Jon. That stat about the actual war generation, not the one that followed which contains so many who appear to think of it almost lovingly, is one of the most telling when it comes to the 2016 Referendum in my eyes.

If I were thirty or forty years younger, I would have a degree of resentment for the generation largely responsible for foisting something on me which nearly all of them will not get to see/suffer the full consequences of.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly right Jon. That stat about the actual war generation, not the one that followed which contains so many who appear to think of it almost lovingly, is one of the most telling when it comes to the 2016 Referendum in my eyes.

If I were thirty or forty years younger, I would have a degree of resentment for the generation largely responsible for foisting something on me which nearly all of them will not get to see/suffer the full consequences of.
    Not just brexit, the older right wingers on here simply don't give a toss about climate change. I and many others my age aren't having kids because we're terrified of the hell hole we'll be bringing them into, we simply aren't taking the action that's needed. The gammon on here believe conspiracy sites made by people without science GCSEs over the overwhelming scientic peer reviewed consesus, it's ****ing crazy.

It's like the older right wing tories are hell bent on making every single thing worse for younger people and they just cannot see it. They can never answer why other countries are doing far far better than us on basically every metric. Can't even move away because they took away that right.

Most younger people these days are much more savvy and enlightened with regard to global warming , racism ,equal rights , sexuality etc

With all the information about what utter tossers the conservatives have always been being freely available young people voting tory really do need to shape up

There are daft old gits still voting conservative but I don't subscribe to the view that this is what old people do in general .

Oh, I’m not with them and the only hip I’d be involved in would have the abbreviation ‘op’ after it. You more less confirmed the problem though, you don’t particularly care about what’s in store for future generations, you make light of it with a quip. And you wonder why some of us think we’ve buggered things up for the next generation. You don’t give a shite, do you?
    I might of your posts because they're more like rants with no substance. Again your post is just baseless finger-pointing, this time at myself. You wished the death of tory voters [14 million] Brexit voters [17 million], around 50% of 35 -44 yr olds, a large proportion of left wing labour voters who voted Brexit, and presumably anyone who's wealthy. Oh, and you say you buggered things up. Oh, and if you don't like people's opinions, you're rude, abusive and angry - especially when people don't take you as seriously as you want them to.

Well this thread took an unexpected but strangely familiar turn thanks to the usual suspects.

A discussion on gas prices, which actually affects people gets derailed by bigot the younger (Doucus) who casually wishes for people to die off merely because one person questioned the legitimacy of him basing his entire argument on some random mates utility bill.

I then call him out because, ya know, wishing people to die for having another opinion is both a c***y thing to do, massively bigoted and also entirely irrelevant to the debate.

Bigot the elder (in this case Splott Parker, but there are a few willing usual suspects for the role) then expand upon the slurs, take the debate further away from anything related to gas prices and start going on about brexit, the tories and most weirdly of all – the royal family.

The aforementioned usual suspects then turn up all giggly and start applauding his comments (that do nothing but expand upon the person wishing people to die remember) falling over themselves to endorse it.

Finally bigot the younger turns up, reitering his desire for people to die off, making more gross generalisations and spouting things that are just plain wrong (countries doing better on every metric)

This isn’t normal guys. You have just derailed a thread, spread a load of totally inappropriate comments, added nothing to the debate and helped no one. If you are indicative of left-wing views, then no longer Wales is in such trouble.

For me, in endorsing comments that build upon nothing but wishing people to die out, several on here have exposed themselves as little more than extremists.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

No Jon, he actually gets it wrong (factually) in nearly everything he writes, but where he gets it wrong here, is in wishing for people to die out.

You make numerous points of how anti-fascist you are, but it's shameful that you will not call out people like Doucus. Same for Bob and now Splott Parker, Citizens Nephew. You aren't looking like the good guys here.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No Jon, he actually gets it wrong (factually) in nearly everything he writes, but where he gets it wrong here, is in wishing for people to die out.

You make numerous points of how anti-fascist you are, but it's shameful that you will not call out people like Doucus. Same for Bob and now Splott Parker, Citizens Nephew. You aren't looking like the good guys here.
    James, you've lost my respect here and with your hissy fit prior to this. Your inability to self-critique is showing no limits. I've been on the receiving end of your just-as-extreme-in-my-opinion views and love affair with nuance and balance which I'm now seeing as totally hypocritical. You're being needlessly reactive, faux outraged and in all honesty, picking on a guy (Doucas) who's heart is in the right place and acting like the Twitterati over some ill-chosen words which for most people aren't taken literally.

I've been called all-sorts on here and accused of spouting guff by yours truly. We've crossed swords on many occasions and I've enjoyed the debates and respected your ability to argue effectively. This latest outburst though is reactive. We've all done it. I just hope you'll calm down and reflect and acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    James, you've lost my respect here and with your hissy fit prior to this. Your inability to self-critique is showing no limits. I've been on the receiving end of your just-as-extreme-in-my-opinion views and love affair with nuance and balance which I'm now seeing as totally hypocritical. You're being needlessly reactive, faux outraged and in all honesty, picking on a guy (Doucas) who's heart is in the right place and acting like the Twitterati over some ill-chosen words which for most people aren't taken literally.

I've been called all-sorts on here and accused of spouting guff by yours truly. We've crossed swords on many occasions and I've enjoyed the debates and respected your ability to argue effectively. This latest outburst though is reactive. We've all done it. I just hope you'll calm down and reflect and acknowledge it.
    Sorry, but no.

Doucus is totally derailing threads, posting utterly unhinged things, wishing people to die out, making gross and usually ignorant statements that are completely off topic. People are sick of it. If he isn't talking about us personally, he is talking about our friends, fathers, sons, daughters. It's not on at all.

This s**t should be called out. I'm not faux outraged at all. I think the stuff he writes is shameful and poisonous and for people to come out and support it (and accuse me of picking on him!!) is also pretty shameful. The internet is full of hateful people, CCMB doesnt need to be.

The best solution is for people like him to stop wishing people who hold different opinions (often with far more evidence than him to back them up) to die out. That isn't difficult. It's what any reasonable person can manage to do.

You know that's a line crossed. Just like when he casually labelled millions of people 'noxious scum'. It's not reasonable debate and you wouldn't tolerate it in the opposite direction. And nothing I have ever posted competes with the kind of stuff he writes, so you can retract that too!!

Sorry, but no.

Doucus is totally derailing threads, posting utterly unhinged things, wishing people to die out, making gross and usually ignorant statements that are completely off topic. People are sick of it. If he isn't talking about us personally, he is talking about our friends, fathers, sons, daughters. It's not on at all.

This s**t should be called out. I'm not faux outraged at all. I think the stuff he writes is shameful and poisonous and for people to come out and support it (and accuse me of picking on him!!) is also pretty shameful. The internet is full of hateful people, CCMB doesnt need to be.

The best solution is for people like him to stop wishing people who hold different opinions (often with far more evidence than him to back them up) to die out. That isn't difficult. It's what any reasonable person can manage to do.

You know that's a line crossed. Just like when he casually labelled millions of people 'noxious scum'. It's not reasonable debate and you wouldn't tolerate it in the opposite direction. And nothing I have ever posted competes with the kind of stuff he writes, so you can retract that too!!
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I might of your posts because they're more like rants with no substance. Again your post is just baseless finger-pointing, this time at myself. You wished the death of tory voters [14 million] Brexit voters [17 million], around 50% of 35 -44 yr olds, a large proportion of left wing labour voters who voted Brexit, and presumably anyone who's wealthy. Oh, and you say you buggered things up. Oh, and if you don't like people's opinions, you're rude, abusive and angry - especially when people don't take you as seriously as you want them to.
    Stop talking bollocks....wished death on people? What are you on about. I said ‘thinning out’. Death, unless you’ve discovered something, is inevitable. You did make light of a quite serious issue with a flippant quip about being cool to be hip and down with the kids. Read my post, it says ‘We’ve buggered things up for the next generation’, I’ve included myself. And if you reckon my quote of ‘You don’t give a shite’ is rude, abusive & angry you must have led a very sheltered life.
    So to sum up, I’ve said ‘I’m not with them’....’We’ve buggered things up for the next generation’.....I’m admitting I’ve been part of the problem......will you?

Stop talking bollocks....wished death on people? What are you on about. I said ‘thinning out’. Death, unless you’ve discovered something, is inevitable. You did make light of a quite serious issue with a flippant quip about being cool to be hip and down with the kids. Read my post, it says ‘We’ve buggered things up for the next generation’, I’ve included myself. And if you reckon my quote of ‘You don’t give a shite’ is rude, abusive & angry you must have led a very sheltered life.
    So to sum up, I’ve said ‘I’m not with them’....’We’ve buggered things up for the next generation’.....I’m admitting I’ve been part of the problem......will you?
    No. Why am I 'part of the problem' ?

Wow!
    There's no 'wow' about it. There was a discussion about gas prices. Someone derailed it, said he wished for a generation of people to die off. He got called out for it. Someone else backed him up and expanded upon it (no logical arguments from either posts) and then a few people backed both of them up.

He shouldn't post stuff like that, and you shouldn't back it up. It's repulsive stuff.

The problem is you went out of your way to back up someone who said this, which is plainly not acceptable. He has form, he endlessly posts grim, narrow minded bigoted stuff with no evidence to back up what he says at all.

"I'm just waiting for people like you to die out and stop inflicting utter misery on the most vulnerable in society."

There's no 'wow' about it. There was a discussion about gas prices. Someone derailed it, said he wished for a generation of people to die off. He got called out for it. Someone else backed him up and expanded upon it (no logical arguments from either posts) and then a few people backed both of them up.

He shouldn't post stuff like that, and you shouldn't back it up. It's repulsive stuff.
    I think you need some time out mate. This is not good.

I think you need some time out mate. This is not good.
    He's becoming so hysterical isn't he.

Why is it hysterical to call out the kind of stuff Doucas posts, which you then go out of your way to endorse?

You are just enabling the poisoning of debate and even endorsing it. And I got accused of picking on him! Incredible!

The only reason you are both okay with it is because the hatred he espouses is not against you or people with your personal opinions. That doesn't make it acceptable.

Why is it hysterical to call out the kind of stuff Doucus posts, which you then go out of your way to endorse?
    You've got his name wrong.

He's becoming so hysterical isn't he.
    You have been on here in the last fortnight claiming the UK is becoming a fascist state Bob. I think you need to buy a new mirror.

You've got his name wrong.
    Good to see you have an ability to spot minor spelling mistakes. But a peculiarly large blind spot to bigotry and spewing of hatred on posts.

Why is it hysterical to call out the kind of stuff Doucus posts, which you then go out of your way to endorse?

You are just enabling the poisoning of debate and even endorsing it. And I got accused of picking on him! Incredible!

The only reason you are both okay with it is because the hatred he espouses is not against you or people with your personal opinions. That doesn't make it acceptable.
    I beg to differ, he's lumped all people of a certain age (myself included) into one category. I happen to think he has a point about how the babyboomer generation have had things their own way nearly all of their lives and have an air of entitlement to them - I thought that before Doucas started posting on here as well.

I don't take offence at what he says as much as I did to being called a racist on here this week.

You have been on here in the last fortnight claiming the UK is becoming a fascist state Bob. I think you need to buy a new mirror.
    No, I said in that thread that I don’t believe it is, but we’re closer to being one than we have been in ages. You really do need to calm down.

The problem is you went out of your way to back up someone who said this, which is plainly not acceptable. He has form, he endlessly posts grim, narrow minded bigoted stuff with no evidence to back up what he says at all.

"I'm just waiting for people like you to die out and stop inflicting utter misery on the most vulnerable in society."
    Dreadful bet he's an evil Tory voter.

No, I said in that thread that I don’t believe it is, but we’re closer to being one than we have been in ages. You really do need to calm down.
    You need to offer that advice too others as well, as consistency is key .. or they closer to you politcally or personally ??