Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's relegation tussle

Re: Tonight's relegation tussle

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Missing Mane
    One Mane team?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think Liverpool have been extremely poor. Watching them tonight and snippets of their other two games, they seem to have gone back a ton.
    Their head-butting has improved though.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think you're right about Arsenal. Even though it was against the Used Car Salesman's Eleven yesterday, it was a Masterclass performance.
    They look a different animal this year. Jesus is a great buy

2-1

Game on.

81 mins

The Manchester bloke who held on to the ball, he already has a yellow, was fortunate not to see red then. Even went down and feigned injury after the ball was wrestled from him.

The Manchester bloke who held on to the ball, he already has a yellow, was fortunate not to see red then. Even went down and feigned injury after the ball was wrestled from him.
    It was embarrassing considering he's already been booked for diving!

Second yellow for me, big pansy

The Manchester bloke who held on to the ball, he already has a yellow, was fortunate not to see red then.
    I couldn't disagree more. It's Man Utd's kick-off, so why should he give the ball to any of Liverpool's players? Never understood that nonsense at all. No idea why refs seem to side with the team who have just scored. It's not their ball, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Missing Mane
    Definitely. He was their best player imo.

Manager needs to have a word with Fernandez. His play acting has been shocking and could have cost vital points.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. It's Man Utd's kick-off, so why should he give the ball to any of Liverpool's players? Never understood that nonsense at all. No idea why refs seem to side with the team who have just scored. It's not their ball, plain and simple.
    If the Liverpool players hadn’t wrestled it from him, he’d still have hold of the bugger now. He was determined to time waste with no intention of getting the ball to the centre circle, it was petty, childish and he made a bit of a knob of himself, throwing himself to the ground holding his head was cringeworthy.

If the Liverpool players hadn’t wrestled it from him, he’d still have hold of the bugger now. He was determined to time waste with no intention of getting the ball to the centre circle, it was petty, childish and he made a bit of a knob of himself, throwing himself to the ground holding his head was cringeworthy.
    An easy answer is to change the law. Once a goal has been scored, the Ref is the only one allowed to retrieve the ball. Simple.

Yes. Just add the time on.

.....and now the hyperbole.

Forget that it was Man Utd, Liverpool, whoever. Just explain to me what right a player has to wrestle the ball off an opponent when it's that opponent's kick-off. I've never understood it. Just don't get it.

Let's say we're in the last few minutes of a game and the ball goes out for a goal kick. Does an opposition player have the right to wrestle the ball off the goalkeeper? If not, what's the difference?

.....House of the Dragon on Sky Atlantic. Glad I didn't switch off, I may have ended up accidentally watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    .....House of the Dragon on Sky Atlantic. Glad I didn't switch off, I may have ended up accidentally watching that.
    I watched that on Tv and the football on my phone, multi tasking 😂

Forget that it was Man Utd, Liverpool, whoever. Just explain to me what right a player has to wrestle the ball off an opponent when it's that opponent's kick-off. I've never understood it. Just don't get it.

Let's say we're in the last few minutes of a game and the ball goes out for a goal kick. Does an opposition player have the right to wrestle the ball off the goalkeeper? If not, what's the difference?
    We’ve seen goalies booked for time wasting at goal kicks, forwards grabbing the ball and placing it in the six yard box for the opposing ‘keeper to take goal kicks. The Liverpool players would have ran with the ball and placed it on the centre spot in the same way. Players are very often booked for time wasting at throw ins. Players from the losing team very often run after a ball when it’s out of play and retrieve it and place it on the restart spot when it’s evidently not their kick.

Erik ten Hag just dropped the F bomb live on Sky

We’ve seen goalies booked for time wasting at goal kicks, forwards grabbing the ball and placing it in the six yard box for the opposing ‘keeper to take goal kicks. The Liverpool players would have ran with the ball and placed it on the centre spot in the same way. Players are very often booked for time wasting at throw ins. Players from the losing team very often run after a ball when it’s out of play and retrieve it and place it on the restart spot when it’s evidently not their kick.
    None of that answers my question, though.

Apologies, but this has been a bugbear of mine for years. I just don't get it at all. It's my kick-off, but it's apparently fine for you to wrestle the ball off me and run away with it. Utter nonsense.

If only both sides could have lost

Both teams of pansies

None of that answers my question, though.

Apologies, but this has been a bugbear of mine for years. I just don't get it at all. It's my kick-off, but it's apparently fine for you to wrestle the ball off me and run away with it. Utter nonsense.

Just stop clock when goal scored. Time on doesn’t begin til the kick off. Sorted.

Liverpool one point clear of the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Liverpool one point clear of the drop.
    Lol

If both teams were out my back garden ,I’d draw the curtains