+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weed

Weed

How many of you smoke it?
    Maybe like me, you used to but stopped?
    Just curious as to what people think about it, bad for your health? Long-term psychological effects?
    Perfectly safe?

Would be interested to hear what the general consensus is across the message board posters here. It seems to be more popular than ever but the habits appear to be changing.

Kids smoking loaded joints these days with no tobacco, unheard of when I was a toker many years ago! And now you have edibles and many ways of eating it without smoking. Any munchers out there?

Re: Weed

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Just curious as to what people think about it, bad for your health? Long-term psychological effects?
    Perfectly safe?

Would be interested to hear what the general consensus is across the message board posters here. It seems to be more popular than ever but the habits appear to be changing.

Kids smoking loaded joints these days with no tobacco, unheard of when I was a toker many years ago! And now you have edibles and many ways of eating it without smoking. Any munchers out there?
    Anyone rob any cars too?

Quote Originally Posted by David Lemma View Post
    Anyone rob any cars too?
    Only on a Sunday

Used to smoke at. Not touched it in years. Anyone who wants to can smoke it. It does you no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Used to smoke at. Not touched it in years. Anyone who wants to can smoke it. It does you no harm.
    My mate in Merthyr been smoking it for over 40 years now…he’s fooked might not have done him any harm but it certainly ain’t done him any favours.

I experimented in University, wasn't for me.

Then years later in 2019. I had a job in Maine (USA) which turns out to be a legal state. Shared accommodation with 4 American students, we are having a BBQ my first night there and one of them gives me a glass bottle of THC Lemonade.

Apparently I was not supposed to drink the whole bottle in one go, later found out it was equivalent to x5 joints, I had a full on 'trip' seeing all sorts of colours and patterns everywhere
    but it was an enjoyable experience.

We ended up smoking every single night for the whole 4 months I was there, would finish work, set up a game of Risk or Poker and light up.

I came home and have not touched it since, overall I really enjoyed the culture and people around it I got to meet.

However It 100% affected my ambition and my motivation to do stuff. I had plans to join some sports clubs and do some networking during that period that never happened due to being high.

Flying home gave me a clean break which was important, have not touched it since, although I would have a go again if I could buy it regulated.

I tried it once. I went all to pot.

Apart from occasional psychiatric effects for certain users it's a pleasurable experience on the whole

Enhances music and films

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Apart from occasional psychiatric effects for certain users it's a pleasurable experience on the whole

Enhances music and films
    Given your taste in music much has been explained!

I can't smoke it. It makes me trip balls. It's not relaxing. It's very unpleasant. I'd love to be able to chill out with a little bit like so many people do. I just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't smoke it. It makes me trip balls. It's not relaxing. It's very unpleasant. I'd love to be able to chill out with a little bit like so many people do. I just can't.
    Me too. Apparently we are control freaks that simply can't let go.

Enhances music and films
    You casually imply you are not among those 'certain users'. I must beg to differ.

Something flips inside your noodle halfway through your first spliff of the day. It isn't usual stoner behaviour to cluck like a hen, nor imitate Dolly Parton when singing Jolene at the top of your voice.

What's your opinion of the video below - did he really do that, or is it camera trickery?

Never smoked, not even tobacco.
    Thin end of the wedge, don't start, you won't have problems trying to give up later, when you think more clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You casually imply you are not among those 'certain users'. I must beg to differ.

Something flips inside your noodle halfway through your first spliff of the day. It isn't usual stoner behaviour to cluck like a hen, nor imitate Dolly Parton when singing Jolene at the top of your voice.

What's your opinion of the video below - did he really do that, or is it camera trickery?

I don't know but if he had smoked a couple of numbers he would still be in bed eating crisps

Smoking dope is a way of getting out of the house without actually going out, it suits a lot of peoples lifestyles.

I thought you meant Little Weed with Bill and Ben !! That’s the only weed I know about.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Perfectly safe?

Steer clear mate, it's a gateway drug, many long time users end up having mental issues, and some progress to much worse!

I wouldn't touch it, beer is bad enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given your taste in music much has been explained!
    You are very close to me phoning up

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Steer clear mate, it's a gateway drug, many long time users end up having mental issues, and some progress to much worse!

I wouldn't touch it, beer is bad enough!
    Beer is far far worse

Huge costs to society in terms of NHS, crime etc

Smoking weed is definitely not risk free but giving up weed is far easier than detoxifying from alcohol

It's not for me, tried it several times over the years and just didn't enjoy the sensation. Had some cakes once and that was horrible. Sweats, dizziness and paranoia. Lovely.
    The smell of the new style skunk is pretty repulsive. I seem to get a waft of it on a daily basis coming from someone's house or young people walking down the road. When I had a driving job I noticed how common it had become to smell it coming out of cars which clearly isn't a great situation.

I will smoke a few joints over the course of the year, only ever with other people though.

I've never got my own

Doesn't do that much for me mind tbh. I find alcohol a much better 'high'. I would legalise it and regulate it though. Would have no issue with each local authority being permitted to have a couple of licenced cannabis cafes etc.

Beer is far far worse

Huge costs to society in terms of NHS, crime etc

Smoking weed is definitely not risk free but giving up weed is far easier than detoxifying from alcohol
    Beer probably is worse.
    I smoked weed heavily for about 12 years but most of that was back in the days of old skool resin. I enjoyed the resin buzz, not too heavy.
    The "greens" came in then and my experiences changed drastically. They give me anxiety and panic attacks.
    I found it easy to step away from the weed at that point as I was no longer able to enjoy it.
    The problem was, I replaced it with copious amounts of lager.
    I sometimes wish that old skool resin was still around at the kind of quality levels we used to have back then

Wonder how Ninja feels about women smoking weed or whether he thinks they shouldn't do it in the same room as men or something.

Skunk gives weed a bad name. It’s important to differentiate the two.