Durban

Dave Jones

Nigel Pearson

Re: The World's Most Miserable Managers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Durban

Dave Jones

Nigel Pearson
    Mourinho, 2nd Chelsea stint onwards. Think he lost the plot somewhere along the way.

I don't think Dave Jones was miserable. He just didn't pander to the press or the fans. There's something about that I respect.

Moyes. Really respect what he's done as manager. That respect evaporates very quickly whenever I watch him give an interview

Dave Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think Dave Jones was miserable. He just didn't pander to the press or the fans. There's something about that I respect.
    Agreed.

I agree. Look at some his press interviews on YouTube when with us and other clubs. Some of the questions he faced were pure drivel.

The most boring managers.

I'll begin with Eddie Howe.

Michael O’Neill

Re: The most boring managers.

Gary Rowett

Steven Gerard.

Jones thought he was too big for Cardiff City

He was a dour scouse git

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I agree. Look at some his press interviews on YouTube when with us and other clubs. Some of the questions he faced were pure drivel.
    That's the nature of football

He's not dealing with Brian Granville , he's dealing with regional hacks

Miserable get

Burrows didn't laugh much either come to think of it 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'll begin with Eddie Howe.
    Reminds me of my nephew

Needs a clip round the ear to shape him up

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Steven Gerard.
    +1 for Gerrard, and Lampard for that matter.

Dave Jones is one of the world's most miserable people, never mind limited to football managers. Absolute dour sod. Listening to any of his interviews when he was in charge here was nothing short of painful.

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Steve Morison yet- whilst not traditionally miserable like DJ, he's certainly got a gigantic chip on his shoulder about something- it's almost like he's got short man syndrome despite being 6 foot 2.

Jones thought he was too big for Cardiff City

He was a dour scouse git
    And yet he stayed for 6 years? I very much doubt that he did.

Maybe, just MAYBE he didn't have too much time for the media over the way that previous allegations against him were handled.

Just a thought......and far more likely than him 'being too big' for the club

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Maybe, just MAYBE he didn't have too much time for the media over the way that previous allegations against him were handled.

Turned down the chance to join West Brom when his stock was high with us as well didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Michael O’Neill
    I needed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Well the media down here had nothing to do with the media who treated him so badly previously

He was miserable and he made no connection with the fans

In the end he was a failure

And a miserable one

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Turned down the chance to join West Brom when his stock was high with us as well didn't he?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Dave Jones is one of the world's most miserable people, never mind limited to football managers. Absolute dour sod. Listening to any of his interviews when he was in charge here was nothing short of painful.

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Steve Morison yet- whilst not traditionally miserable like DJ, he's certainly got a gigantic chip on his shoulder about something- it's almost like he's got short man syndrome despite being 6 foot 2.
    He was a moaner

Well the media down here had nothing to do with the media who treated him so badly previously

He was miserable and he made no connection with the fans

In the end he was a failure

And a miserable one
    I would find it difficult to walk in dave Jones shoes considering the horrendous things he was wrongly accused of and the fact that his dad died whilst in he was still under investigation which must have been awful for him and his dad

On a more general note I am not sure I care about the personality of ccfc managers as I'm more interested in results on the pitch and the way we play so they can be grumpy or turn up in a clowns costume as long as they don't play 5 centre backs 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I would find it difficult to walk in dave Jones shoes considering the horrendous things he was wrongly accused of and the fact that his dad died whilst in he was still under investigation which must have been awful for him and his dad

On a more general note I am not sure I care about the personality of ccfc managers as I'm more interested in results on the pitch and the way we play so they can be grumpy or turn up in a clowns costume as long as they don't play 5 centre backs 👍
    Dave Jones was allowed to spend a great deal on wages and he threw quite a bit straight down the bog

If he had a side that was streaking away with the title then I am sure a lot of fans would have been more forgiving . I personally reckon he was here for 2 seasons too long , not including the FACup final run

He was treated extremely badly by the justice system and by the press but we were not there to be scorned

First two seasons were good but then he became very stubborn and miserable