+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The World's Most Miserable Managers

Re: The World's Most Miserable Managers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well the media down here had nothing to do with the media who treated him so badly previously

He was miserable and he made no connection with the fans

In the end he was a failure

And a miserable one
    I very much doubt that he bothered to discern between the media in different part of the country. And you cannot blame him.

Strangely, his time at the club gave me some very joyous moments (play off final, FA Cup final, and very attractive football) so whereas he ultimately failed to get us promoted in some fairly pathetic circumstances, I don’t associate him and his teams with misery in the slightest.

We could do with a Chopra, Bothroyd, Ross McCormack, McPhail, Burke, Ledley, Roger Johnson, McNaughton now……..

Re: The most boring managers.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'll begin with Eddie Howe.
    I can’t believe anyone actually watches those interviews! They never say anything of note anyway…… :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I very much doubt that he bothered to discern between the media in different part of the country. And you cannot blame him.

Strangely, his time at the club gave me some very joyous moments (play off final, FA Cup final, and very attractive football) so whereas he ultimately failed to get us promoted in some fairly pathetic circumstances, I don’t associate him and his teams with misery in the slightest.

We could do with a Chopra, Bothroyd, Ross McCormack, McPhail, Burke, Ledley, Roger Johnson, McNaughton now……..
    The Play Off Finall was horrendous. Probably the worst football experience ive had in football. Joyous feckin hell.

We could definitely do with Chopra Bothroyd and McCormack though or just one of them.

Not Kelvin Etuhu who Jones preferred to McCormack in that play off disaster.

Or a goalscoring midfielder like Whitts would be brilliant.

Scott Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Play Off Finall was horrendous. Probably the worst football experience ive had in football. Joyous feckin hell.

We could definitely do with Chopra Bothroyd and McCormack though or just one of them.

Not Kelvin Etuhu who Jones preferred to McCormack in that play off disaster.

Or a goalscoring midfielder like Whitts would be brilliant.
    Well the defeat was hard to take but let’s not forget that we went there full of confidence, took the lead twice, gave them a good game and lost Bothroyd. So we weren’t exactly battered.

Well the defeat was hard to take but let’s not forget that we went there full of confidence, took the lead twice, gave them a good game and lost Bothroyd. So we weren’t exactly battered.
    We should've pissed the league with the team we had that year, never mind made the play-off final. Jones was a perennial bottler and we felt the full effect of that on numerous occasions.

It was a complete disaster. Cmon gave Blackpool a good game. Blackpool ffs!!!

I will try and explain it again simply for you

He was a miserable git who would blame everyone else for his own failure as a manager , he was a miserable git

His players were not miserable , they were on big money and laughed all the way to the bank

He spent heavily on high waged players who failed to get us promotion

He fell out with reporters left right and centre , he had the issues , not the reporters

I associate Jones with misery and failure

And so do the record books

Jimmy Scoular was Jimmy Scowler, never saw him laugh or even smile. Brute of a player as well, don’t think he was the cracking jokes left, right & centre type of bloke.

It's not really a smiling job , just look at Klopp and his stupid bleached white teeth grin ,half the time he looks like he has severe complications below

He was a miserable git who would blame everyone else for his own failure as a manager , he was a miserable git

His players were not miserable , they were on big money and laughed all the way to the bank

He fell out with reporters left right and centre , he had the issues , not the reporters

You missed the bit about producing some wonderful footballing moments by allowing gifted players to express themselves, an era where we underachieved but put a smile on faces .

The first twenty minutes we looked like we were going to steamroller Blackpool, but then Bothroyd got injured and the rest is history.

I don’t.

But I can think of a few other more recent managers who came and went more quickly than he did who I DO associate with misery and failure.

How quickly some people forget……

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You missed the bit about producing some wonderful footballing moments by allowing gifted players to express themselves, an era where we underachieved but put a smile on faces .
    Thank you.

Dave Jones was allowed to spend a great deal on wages and he threw quite a bit straight down the bog

If he had a side that was streaking away with the title then I am sure a lot of fans would have been more forgiving . I personally reckon he was here for 2 seasons too long , not including the FACup final run

He was treated extremely badly by the justice system and by the press but we were not there to be scorned

First two seasons were good but then he became very stubborn and miserable
    But harsh!
    He did squander some cash, especially on Fowler who was clearly shot by that point.
    I'd say Hasselbaink too but he scored one of my favourite goals against Wolves in the cup, and I watched and celebrated that with a mate who is sadly no longer with us so Hasselbaink and that goal is a great memory for me.
    I'd also point to the fact that he signed both Chops and Whitts, undoubtedly two of our greatest ever signings.
    He did piss me off in the cup final against Portsmouth though.
    I think every damn one of us was screaming for Ramsey to be introduced and he left it far too late.

I don’t.

But I can think of a few other more recent managers who came and went more quickly than he did who I DO associate with misery and failure.

How quickly some people forget……
    He had loads of cash

And failed

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    But harsh!
    He did squander some cash, especially on Fowler who was clearly shot by that point.
    I'd say Hasselbaink too but he scored one of my favourite goals against Wolves in the cup, and I watched and celebrated that with a mate who is sadly no longer with us so Hasselbaink and that goal is a great memory for me.
    I'd also point to the fact that he signed both Chops and Whitts, undoubtedly two of our greatest ever signings.
    He did piss me off in the cup final against Portsmouth though.
    I think every damn one of us was screaming for Ramsey to be introduced and he left it far too late.
    It does feel a bit like SOME people have forgotten the mind numbing tedium of the Neil Harris days and the weird Mick McCarthy car crash reign.

But let’s fixate on 6 years of ‘misery and failure’ that Jones apparently brought instead.

It does feel a bit like SOME people have forgotten the mind numbing tedium of the Neil Harris days and the weird Mick McCarthy car crash reign.

But let’s fixate on 6 years of ‘misery and failure’ that Jones apparently brought instead.
    Exactly.
    I hated Jones at times, questioned his tactics, hated him playing players out of position, especially moving Whitts into central midfield after (I think) he'd scored 20+ from wide left the season before?
    However, as frustrated as I was with DJ at times, he's an absolute breath of fresh air compared to most of what we've had since.

I'd take my chances with Dave Jones and his squad that failed in 2010 right now. And I would have every day since.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd take my chances with Dave Jones and his squad that failed in 2010 right now. And I would have every day since.
    Not liking the manager (or any player) because of his personality is so childish.

Managers should be judged on tactics, style and results. Is Graham Potter interesting? I don't know. I don't care. But I don't see anyone having a dig. Owners, managers and players should not be interesting for anything they say. They should be judged by what happens on the pitch.

What ever you think of Jones, he was responsible for our best ever signing in Whitts, out best ever away performance at Middlesborough in the FA cup qtr final, and he was the first manager to get us to Wembley since 1927.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What ever you think of Jones, he was responsible for our best ever signing in Whitts, out best ever away performance at Middlesborough in the FA cup qtr final, and he was the first manager to get us to Wembley since 1927.
    He was miserable though...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Managers should be judged on tactics, style and results. Is Graham Potter interesting? I don't know. I don't care. But I don't see anyone having a dig. Owners, managers and players should not be interesting for anything they say. They should be judged by what happens on the pitch.
    Most boring response imo

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    He was miserable though...
    That’s why i started by saying “What ever you think of Jones” keep up at the back 😂