+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who plays left back Saturday?

Who plays left back Saturday?

With Jamilu out for the season, Bagan seemingly not recovered from his concussion, and what seems like no intention of getting anyone through the doors in the meantime, what’s the plan for Saturday?

The only two feasible options seem to be moving O’Dowda to left back, or moving Ng out there. I personally think we lose less by replacing O’Dowda with Philogene/another and moving him there- he did a solid job there against West Brom, and I’ve not been inspired by our centre halves when Ng is missing out of the equation so far this season. What do we reckon?

For what it’s worth, I’ve not mentioned changes of formation/style because a) I don’t think it’d be prudent to change the way we set up so early into the season and b) I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Morison changes from 4-3-3 for the sake of one game.

Re: Who plays left back Saturday?

Who says Bagan hasn’t recovered ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Who says Bagan hasn’t recovered ?
    Darren Witcoop on Twitter, who is generally reliable, along with a lot of talk about protocols that players adjudged to have suffered concussion can’t play for 7 days after.

Morrison confirmed Bagan is out. I’d go for O’Dowda and bring Tom Davies onto the bench maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    With Jamilu out for the season, Bagan seemingly not recovered from his concussion, and what seems like no intention of getting anyone through the doors in the meantime, what’s the plan for Saturday?

The only two feasible options seem to be moving O’Dowda to left back, or moving Ng out there. I personally think we lose less by replacing O’Dowda with Philogene/another and moving him there- he did a solid job there against West Brom, and I’ve not been inspired by our centre halves when Ng is missing out of the equation so far this season. What do we reckon?

For what it’s worth, I’ve not mentioned changes of formation/style because a) I don’t think it’d be prudent to change the way we set up so early into the season and b) I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Morison changes from 4-3-3 for the sake of one game.
    I'm wondering how we'd look if O'Dowda played up top instead of Watters.

As for a LB, NG and give Denham a go, though 8 expect Simpson will be given the nod.

I reckon we go balls out with three at the back (Ng, Cipre,Simpson).
    Ojo and o'dowda as attacking wing backs
    Wintle holding midfielder.
    Rino and Sawyers central mid
    Watters up top with Colwill playing 10 just off him.
    5-0 city - Fortune-West bagging a 5 minute hatrick off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

As for a LB, NG and give Denham a go, though 8 expect Simpson will be given the nod.
    Are Preston likely to play 3412? I get what you’re saying about O’Dowda. What about playing both him and Watters? I think O’Dowda is wasted at LB. Time for Morison to get us scoring some goals at home. I’m kind of feeling that I don’t care if we concede 2 as long as we score 3. I want to see us get at them from the off on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Now we’re talking- Gavin Gordon getting the other two!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Morrison confirmed Bagan is out. I’d go for O’Dowda and bring Tom Davies onto the bench maybe.
    Same- I had forgotten Tom Davies existed til I saw his name mentioned on here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

See for me Ng didn’t look at all comfortable there against Bristol. I’d be wary about risking his confidence/form further by employing him there Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Yeah, I like this too! I think we’ll leak some goals but we need some up the other end. 5-3 City!

Put O' Dowda as full back and try Colwill up front instead of Watters.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    this

It would be a mistake to try to go with just Bagan in that position. We tried to do that with Osei Tutu a couple of years ago and he promptly got injured.