Thread: Whitts

Whitts

Whitts' memorial match now on sale
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...match-sale-now

Re: Whitts

I love Whitts ( that's all I've got )

Good work from the club.
    I hope we see a Stand named after him too.

Got to "purchase tickets" and that was it, just a pic of Whitts
    Could it be that the link doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Got to "purchase tickets" and that was it, just a pic of Whitts
    Could it be that the link doesn't work?
    It's a ballache- for some reason they aren't on sale on the usual ticketing website, so you have to sign up again, but you also have to assign each ticket you buy to an individual email address, which they also have to have on their new system- so basically, anyone you want to buy tickets for has to sign up on the Stadium Events webpage before you can buy their tickets. Pain in the arse.

Be great to get a good crowd in for this. Really hope we do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Good work from the club.
    I hope we see a Stand named after him too.
    Is it?

Seems quite lazy to me. A glorified friendly in the winter break, on a Tuesday night in the cold and rain.

It should’ve been a celebration with former teammates and old players having a game that would’ve attracted a decent crowd, I think the attendance for this will be quite disappointing.

I’ll buy a ticket but it’s a pity that a lot of us will be away for the World Cup. Something similar happened with McNaughton’s testimonial, we were on or way back from a Wales away game and missed that. Hard for the club to fit fixtures in though, pre season would have suited me.

Zero thought from the club, but that doesn’t surprise me.

Basically a fitness exercise football match for two teams Whitts played for, to keep the current players of those teams ticking over whilst the World Cup is on.

This was an opportunity to get the band back together - Bothroyd, Chopra, Super Kev, etc etc to remember Whitts but instead his name is just being used to push a fitness friendly. Absolute joke from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    It's a ballache- for some reason they aren't on sale on the usual ticketing website, so you have to sign up again, but you also have to assign each ticket you buy to an individual email address, which they also have to have on their new system- so basically, anyone you want to buy tickets for has to sign up on the Stadium Events webpage before you can buy their tickets. Pain in the arse.
    You can enter the same email address for all the tickets.
    You then receive an email with links to download the tickets to your Google Wallet or Apple Pay.
    Download the first ticket yourself then forward the email to the other people you bought tickets for, telling each person which ticket to download.

I hope Tony Tit, bluetit isn't reading this, he'll have a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ll buy a ticket but it’s a pity that a lot of us will be away for the World Cup. Something similar happened with McNaughton’s testimonial, we were on or way back from a Wales away game and missed that. Hard for the club to fit fixtures in though, pre season would have suited me.
    Yeah Ireland away in 2017. Same again here. I’ll probably not buy a ticket and just donate to the foundation. On a dark, wet, cold, Tuesday night in November I’ll be surprised if we sell 10k unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Yeah Ireland away in 2017. Same again here. I’ll probably not buy a ticket and just donate to the foundation. On a dark, wet, cold, Tuesday night in November I’ll be surprised if we sell 10k unfortunately
    Good job it’s on a dry Wednesday night then !

Is it?

Seems quite lazy to me. A glorified friendly in the winter break, on a Tuesday night in the cold and rain.

It should’ve been a celebration with former teammates and old players having a game that would’ve attracted a decent crowd, I think the attendance for this will be quite disappointing.
    They might get some old teammates involved in some way perhaps.

Must be a nightmare trying to get anything arranged in this season with the world cup

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    You can enter the same email address for all the tickets.
    You then receive an email with links to download the tickets to your Google Wallet or Apple Pay.
    Download the first ticket yourself then forward the email to the other people you bought tickets for, telling each person which ticket to download.

I hope Tony Tit, bluetit isn't reading this, he'll have a fit.
    Not so much a fit, more a genuine disappointment, if this is the only way you can buy them.

It will eliminate a lot of people straight away

Be better if fans and businesses were able to contribute to a welfare fund for his family

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Zero thought from the club, but that doesn’t surprise me.

Basically a fitness exercise football match for two teams Whitts played for, to keep the current players of those teams ticking over whilst the World Cup is on.

This was an opportunity to get the band back together - Bothroyd, Chopra, Super Kev, etc etc to remember Whitts but instead his name is just being used to push a fitness friendly. Absolute joke from the club.
    How do you know that any of that isn't happening. As usual you have jumped the gun and just assumed the worst. The game isn't for 3 months for goodness sake. I would think that ex players of both clubs will be falling over themselves to come back and play a part.

Is it?

The attendance would be crap if everyone took the same attitude as you. Luckily not everyone will and will be happy to go along and pay their respects to a club legend. Villa will bring a good crowd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not so much a fit, more a genuine disappointment, if this is the only way you can buy them.

It will eliminate a lot of people straight away
    You all missed the bit that says you can buy tickets on the gate on the night then. Or is that ‘too much trouble’ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You all missed the bit that says you can buy tickets on the gate on the night then. Or is that ‘too much trouble’ as well.
    Massively unnecessary to get so confrontational about it- some (most) people like to buy their tickets in advance.

Odd. On the ticketing website they're only selling every other row. Can't wrap my head around how that makes any sense?

Massively unnecessary to get so confrontational about it- some (most) people like to buy their tickets in advance.
    He’s a multi troll, best ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The attendance would be crap if everyone took the same attitude as you. Luckily not everyone will and will be happy to go along and pay their respects to a club legend. Villa will bring a good crowd as well.
    I’d have just got back from Qatar so if I want to make a donation to the foundation directly instead I’ll do so thanks for your input

I would imagine a lot of city fans will still be out in the middle east following Wales. This game is the day after the Wales v England game. If we get through i am staying out there, as i think many will, if we get knocked out, I doubt many will be able to get back in time. Hope he gets a great turnout, but i will not be able to make it.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I would imagine a lot of city fans will still be out in the middle east following Wales. This game is the day after the Wales v England game. If we get through i am staying out there, as i think many will, if we get knocked out, I doubt many will be able to get back in time. Hope he gets a great turnout, but i will not be able to make it.
    Spedger
    Just like the Super Kev testimonial timing, you have to wonder who the **** at the club is responsible for making these decisions? Utterly incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just like the Super Kev testimonial timing, you have to wonder who the **** at the club is responsible for making these decisions? Utterly incompetent.
    Agreed.