+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: THE CAS AGREES WITH FC NANTES

Re: THE CAS AGREES WITH FC NANTES

Fat load of good suing those responsible for travel arrangements would be,

If the club did not arrange insurance from the moment the playe put pen to paper then they (CCFC) have acted negligently - and those who responsible for this possible (probable?) situation ought to be named and THEY should be the ones to be sued for negligence.

They wheeled Emiliano out in a City top and announced he was our player. The CAS judgement was never going to go the clubs way. Tan should pay up and have done with it. Tan has been a cnut over this and by association made CCFC look like cnuts along with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Fat load of good suing those responsible for travel arrangements would be,

If the club did not arrange insurance from the moment the playe put pen to paper then they (CCFC) have acted negligently - and those who responsible for this possible (probable?) situation ought to be named and THEY should be the ones to be sued for negligence.
    i'm no lawyer but who are the club going to sue the agent or plane company probably got no money to pay out anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    To be fair to Tan, it's his money not yours. If you were in business and a similar situation arose, I very much doubt you would be so quick to concede defeat even after an arbitration ruling went against you. There are other factors in play here and I don't blame the club for taking the stance they have. If after all other avenues have been explored it becomes obvious that the club has no other options but to settle up with Nantes, then I'm sure an agreement will be reached. It appears highly likely I would imagine that the club will be suing those parties involved in arranging Sala's ill-fated flight, which could also include Nantes.
    People can think what they like but I'll tell you straight what I would do/have done. I'd have already committed to the transfer so that money was already spent as far as I'm concerned. It's irrelevant as to 'who's money it is', it's a spreadsheet at the time of the deal. I'd have abided by the original ruling and sought to seek compensation afterwards. I wouldn't risk a transfer embargo. I wouldn't put the club in that position and neither would I want my club/business to look the way Cardiff City FC look right now.

Sure, it's not my money. There are enough people who know the type of person I am on here who know I'm not bull*tting when I say this stuff. I don't like this argument that 'it's Tan's money'. No! It may be Tan's business but that business is called Cardiff City Football Club and I live a mile away from it. We support its football team. This is visceral. It hurts and makes me feel ashamed.

Sh*t happens. Really bad sh*t happens. My view is you deal with it at the time and fairly and honourably. Move on, get on with it. We support a football team. I do not support this. It's why I'd make a sh*t politician because I believe in keeping to my agreements and doing the right thing. That is not always the same as the 'legal' thing. It works both ways.

I can understand us going after the agents/flight organisers but never saw much sense in claiming he wasn't our player. As Sludge says that kind of money to Tan is like £100 to most of us

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    i'm no lawyer but who are the club going to sue the agent or plane company probably got no money to pay out anyway ?
    If CCFC can't establish a clear link to Nantes then they will get very little. Given that it is already in the public domain that the whole process of hiring the flight started with a club employee (McKay jr) offering the option to Sala it seems very unlikely that a court would hold Nantes liable.
    The detailed papers are going to be interesting but I suspect it's going to look like Cardiff City have lost the plot on a large scale on this one.

Of course he was our player, we trumpeted it enough. Nantes should have been squared up and we should have taken our gripe down a different route against others. No doubt any legal victory against ‘others’ would have resulted in bugger all financially, the rogues would have all tracks covered, bankruptcy etc but we’d have come out of the whole shitstorm with a modicum of decency.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    It's always been utter bullshit that we haven't paid it. Bloke was ours, trapsed in front of the media outlets; announced on our own club media as having joined and we've dragged this on and on - on the off-chance that the loss can be adjusted down by hoping for a court to take a flawed decision. Hedged our bets with our reputation thrown under the bus willingly to save Tan a few bob. Ever the business men never the human seemingly from Dalman etc. If I remember rightly at the time Dalman was in the press saying when he got to the club after the news broke about Sala's plane he asked why everyone was quite so devastated- something along the lines of ok it was bad news but for everyone to be quite so despondent surprised me. Bloke is a cnut.
    The club didn't get their player because of circumstances beyond their control and because of the actions of various other third parties. That he was a City player at the time of the accident has now been confirmed, but why on earth would any business with a potential £15 million or so loss pending, not pursue all avenues ? It's not pleasant, but however much you dislike the club and it's Directors, they've done absolutely nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    People can think what they like but I'll tell you straight what I would do/have done. I'd have already committed to the transfer so that money was already spent as far as I'm concerned. It's irrelevant as to 'who's money it is', it's a spreadsheet at the time of the deal. I'd have abided by the original ruling and sought to seek compensation afterwards. I wouldn't risk a transfer embargo. I wouldn't put the club in that position and neither would I want my club/business to look the way Cardiff City FC look right now.

Sure, it's not my money. There are enough people who know the type of person I am on here who know I'm not bull*tting when I say this stuff. I don't like this argument that 'it's Tan's money'. No! It may be Tan's business but that business is called Cardiff City Football Club and I live a mile away from it. We support its football team. This is visceral. It hurts and makes me feel ashamed.

Sh*t happens. Really bad sh*t happens. My view is you deal with it at the time and fairly and honourably. Move on, get on with it. We support a football team. I do not support this. It's why I'd make a sh*t politician because I believe in keeping to my agreements and doing the right thing. That is not always the same as the 'legal' thing. It works both ways.
    Fair comment. But remember, we needed Tan at a time when the club could have gone under and regardless of how unethically you believe he has acted in this case, he is a very successful businessman who was never going to give this up without a fight. It may hurt to have the club's name dragged through the mud but we'll just have grin and bare it until this saga comes to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Fair comment. But remember, we needed Tan at a time when the club could have gone under and regardless of how unethically you believe he has acted in this case, he is a very successful businessman who was never going to give this up without a fight. It may hurt to have the club's name dragged through the mud but we'll just have grin and bare it until this saga comes to an end.
    I'd just add, that not once have I thought of this as a dislike of Tan. I agree with you about how important he's been for CCFC and am able to separate those issues. I'm genuinely worried that all that good work and support will come to nothing because of the way this has been handled. I'm actually really worried for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The club didn't get their player because of circumstances beyond their control and because of the actions of various other third parties. That he was a City player at the time of the accident has now been confirmed, but why on earth would any business with a potential £15 million or so loss pending, not pursue all avenues ? It's not pleasant, but however much you dislike the club and it's Directors, they've done absolutely nothing wrong.
    As they were wrong to believe there was basis in them having the CAS decision find in their favour and as a consequence have not only dragged our club through the dirt but also now face greater restitution to pay in setting straight what should have been paid by now that's why.

Also I what the hell are you on about dislike the club? I note you put however much in there leaving it open but there is clear inference in my eyes there.

Let's get it ****ing straight I bloody love the city.

International

You wouldn't it's easy to say it but you wouldn't.

If you bought your first house for £200K and the estate agent acting for the previous owner accidently burnt it down ten minutes before you moved in you wouldn't say to the previous owners, don't worry I'll pay I said I would so I will, it doesn't matter if the paperwork was incomplete I'll just pay the mortgage for the rest on my life and not have the house!

You'd fight it to the end, like Tan and everyone else would!

As they were wrong to believe there was basis in them having the CAS decision find in their favour and as a consequence have not only dragged our club through the dirt but also now face greater restitution to pay in setting straight what should have been paid by now that's why.

Also I what the hell are you on about dislike the club? I note you put however much in there leaving it open but there is clear inference in my eyes there.
    Maybe something in the resonance of your post..

Just counter sue this could go on indefinitely through the courts .. by then we will be champions of Europe and this will be small change ..

Or we could crowd fund it ??

International

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...atement-260822

"Cardiff City is disappointed by the decision of the Court of Arbitration in Sport.

Once the club’s lawyers have digested the reasons for the decision we expect to appeal and will not be making any payments to FC Nantes in the meanwhile.

If those appeals are unsuccessful and the club is liable to pay the transfer fee the club will take legal action against those responsible for the crash for damages to recover its losses.

All our thoughts must continue to be with Emiliano’s family, who are now supported financially by the Trust the club put in place for them."

Club's statement on the matter- perhaps unsurprisingly succinct and barbed.
    We both lost out Nantes £15million and us the Striker that probably would have got the goals to keep us up, it's the organiser of the plane that need to pay up via his or the plane owners insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Maybe something in the resonance of your post..
    That's a notion inferred by the individual reader which simply isn't there in the writer's feelings in actuality. I don't even have a long standing dislike of Tan - I've been very fair to him in years gone by. I certainly have no issue with the perusal of causes/legal routes on behalf of the club which have any ounce of good sound reasoning behind them. This, the non payment of the transfer fee for a player which we had announced was ours, was not one. Should have paid it and then taken up matters against who we believed was guilty of causing his death afterwards. This has our name smeared with shit in the opinion of most onlooking, for the rest of their days.

And I don't hate any person for it per se - I dislike, am annoyed at, disgusted by their actions

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

If you bought your first house for £200K and the estate agent acting for the previous owner accidently burnt it down ten minutes before you moved in you wouldn't say to the previous owners, don't worry I'll pay I said I would so I will, it doesn't matter if the paperwork was incomplete I'll just pay the mortgage for the rest on my life and not have the house!

It's a decent analogy but in the real world if contracts had been exchanged you would pay them. Just as City should pay Nantes.

However......what you would then do is either claim back the costs on insurance or if your insurance wasn't in place or didn't cover that eventuality - you would sue the fire starter.

Whether or not you think you'd get your money back by suing them doesn't change the fact that you should pay the original sum agreed in the contract.

No. I wouldn't.

Edit: sorry, I need to be clear I'm only referring to the CCFC situation not the crazy analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just counter sue this could go on indefinitely through the courts .. by then we will be champions of Europe and this will be small change ..

Or we could crowd fund it ??
    We are the f*cking crowd! Nobody else would lift a finger for us now.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    It's a decent analogy but in the real world if contracts had been exchanged you would pay them. Just as City should pay Nantes.

However......what you would then do is either claim back the costs on insurance or if your insurance wasn't in place or didn't cover that eventuality - you would sue the fire starter.

Whether or not you think you'd get your money back by suing them doesn't change the fact that you should pay the original sum agreed in the contract.
    OK you were to pay the bill the following day from a cheque from the inheritance of your deceased Dad who always wanted you to use it to buy your first house? Everyone would say look I din't get the house sort it out with your agent or insurer, I'm really sorry about it, but I am not at all responsibe for this loss it's you and your agents cock up!

To your mates you'd say thank God there was a glitch in the paperwork that needs investigating.

One thing's for certain anyway - it's more good news for the lawyers.

International

No. I wouldn't.

Edit: sorry, I need to be clear I'm only referring to the CCFC situation not the crazy analogy.
    OK so if it was you invloved with your house you wouldn't pay, see it's easy with other peoples money

OK so if it was you invloved with your house you wouldn't pay, see it's easy with other peoples money
    It's a stupid analogy.

Signed the contracts, taken the keys, rocked up to it with full walk of the house, covered it in bunting saying "I've just taken receipt of the house!", but were just on the way to go about setting up and registering your utilities when another party carelessly sets it on fire .

Signed the contracts, taken the keys, covered the house in bunting saying "I've just taken receipt of the house!", but were just on the way to go about setting up and registering your utilities when some another party carelessly sets it on fire .
    I know. It's like I said, sh*t happens. Sometimes life's unfair. Most of us don't have the money or legal aid to fight these things. Only the superrich and our titled betters.