+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Music

Music

Admittedly I am an old Barsteward but is there any need for the music to be so loud before kick off and half time. Look I'm all for music to be played but when you have to shout at the top of your voice to someone who is sat next to you it just doesn't make sense. Ah well I'll get my coat.

Re: Music

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Admittedly I am an old Barsteward but is there any need for the music to be so loud before kick off and half time. Look I'm all for music to be played but when you have to shout at the top of your voice to someone who is sat next to you it just doesn't make sense. Ah well I'll get my coat.
    You’re not wrong - could just make out what was being said on radio wales today, and that dreadful north walian song being shoved down the crowds throats sounded so wrong.

I haven't found a problem with the music in the ground itself but the bands in the Canton concourse playing Oasis and Phonics covers at eardrum shattering volume while we're trying to have a chat get right on my tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I haven't found a problem with the music in the ground itself but the bands in the Canton concourse playing Oasis and Phonics covers at eardrum shattering volume while we're trying to have a chat get right on my tits.
    Great choice of music but a bit too loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Great choice of music but a bit too loud.
    Predictable, repetitive, lowest common denominator drivel

Am I the only one that cringes when “Cardiff born Cardiff bred” comes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Predictable, repetitive, lowest common denominator drivel
    Don't you like it then?

on the theme of music anyone been to the roundhouse in london for a gig , any good ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    on the theme of music anyone been to the roundhouse in london for a gig , any good ?
    It's really close to Camden Town Tube. Used to be really good back in he day. Haven't been since 2005 so a lot may have changed since I lived in London back then. It's a small venue.

cheers citizen when you say small are we looking at a couple of thousand ?

going to see a punk oi band in a couple of weeks time

hearing the entire old school london punk/ skin lot turning up want to see if i will get out alive

I can't say I agree with the OP. Where I sit on the Ninian Stand, the tannoy is barely audible. In fact, most of the time, you can't understand a word that's being said. I know the OP was referring to music, but there's no point making an announcement, if no-one can here it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's really close to Camden Town Tube. Used to be really good back in he day. Haven't been since 2005 so a lot may have changed since I lived in London back then. It's a small venue.
    Your knowledge of the venue is relatively current compared to mine. I saw Man featuring Quicksilver's John Cippolina there two nights running in 1975 and the recording thereof resulted in the album Maximum Darkness. Saw Zep on the Sunday, the third day, at Earl's Court.

Personally I would..

Turn it down a little..not that it really bothers me
    Play some interesting songs. Songs mentioning bluebirds, classic singalongs, whatever.
    Play a bit of the Hennesseys. Cardiff after dark, Billy the seal, Cardiff Born etc etc. The clue is in the name.
    Turn the bloody thing off a good 7-8 minutes before kick off and actually encourage the fans to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Your knowledge of the venue is relatively current compared to mine. I saw Man featuring Quicksilver's John Cippolina there two nights running in 1975 and the recording thereof resulted in the album Maximum Darkness. Saw Zep on the Sunday, the third day, at Earl's Court.
    That's impressive. A year later The Ramones played there. It was probably just the Roundhouse too i.e. there's an extension to it now. It was the late 70s early 80s Punk that I loved in Camden. The whole place was amazing. Proper authentic scene and market. A mate had a basement flat nearby which was more like a squat. Mad times. Used to be some alt parties at The Roundhouse back then too.

Hammersmith Odeon was another hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Personally I would..

Turn it down a little..not that it really bothers me
    Play some interesting songs. Songs mentioning bluebirds, classic singalongs, whatever.
    Play a bit of the Hennesseys. Cardiff after dark, Billy the seal, Cardiff Born etc etc. The clue is in the name.
    Turn the bloody thing off a good 7-8 minutes before kick off and actually encourage the fans to make up for it.
    👍👍👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I can't say I agree with the OP. Where I sit on the Ninian Stand, the tannoy is barely audible. In fact, most of the time, you can't understand a word that's being said. I know the OP was referring to music, but there's no point making an announcement, if no-one can here it.
    Funnily enough I can make out the tannoy when subs are coming on or they tell you how much time is added on but anything that is said before kick off is inaudible. I am in block 112.