+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier League records.

Premier League records.

Just watched Liverpool v Bournemouth on Match of the Day and am I the only one who got a bit irked at the commentator’s continual referencing of Premier League records that Liverpool were breaking or close to breaking? No new clubs were created when the PremierLeague started and you don’t have to be that old to remember Liverpool scoring nine against Palace thirty three years ago I think it was, so why do we need pre Premier and post Premier club records?

Re: Premier League records.

Because they think football did not exist before 1992. Except for 1966!

They conveniently forgot that George Camsell scored 59 goals in the same (yes, the same division) as record breaking? Mitrovic did last season. Football, nay all records, records remain until they are legitimately broken.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched Liverpool v Bournemouth on Match of the Day and am I the only one who got a bit irked at the commentator’s continual referencing of Premier League records that Liverpool were breaking or close to breaking? No new clubs were created when the PremierLeague started and you don’t have to be that old to remember Liverpool scoring nine against Palace thirty three years ago I think it was, so why do we need pre Premier and post Premier club records?
    Does my head in too. The premier league built on a decade of history. In essence it was a name change, and you are right, it doesn't need referencing as such. I think the problem is the premier league themselves just pump it out don't they.

It's a load of bollocks isn't it ?

Premier leagues best goals blah blah blah

I hate the Premier league

The Premier League is responsible for everything that is wrong with football. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The Premier League is responsible for everything that is wrong with football. There, I said it.
    Well it's certainly responsible for the huge wage inflation and increase in ticket prices and a massive gap between the big clubs and the also rans

There is no doubt about that whatsoever

The one thing the Premier league was going to do was to make the England national side top of the pile

But they are still crap and I would like to thank the Premier league for keeping things as they have always been

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it's certainly responsible for the huge wage inflation and increase in ticket prices and a massive gap between the big clubs and the also rans

There is no doubt about that whatsoever

The one thing the Premier league was going to do was to make the England national side top of the pile

But they are still crap and I would like to thank the Premier league for keeping things as they have always been
    Crap? They lost the Euros on a penalty shoot out.

Semis in the last World Cup as well weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Crap? They lost the Euros on a penalty shoot out.

Semis in the last World Cup as well weren't they?
    Well they got to the semi final of the euros long before the Premier league showed up

They are crap and I hope they always will be

Well they got to the semi final of the euros long before the Premier league showed up

They are crap and I hope they always will be
    No they didnt. Euro semis 96. PL had already formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No they didnt. Euro semis 96. PL had already formed.
    Italia 90 , semi final , even better competition

No Premier league

Have it

Alan Shearer, always brought up for being Premier League top scorer. Think it’s quite sad Jimmy Greaves, who scored nearly 100 top flight goals more than Shearer, hardly ever gets a mention. It’s bollox!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Alan Shearer, always brought up for being Premier League top scorer. Think it’s quite sad Jimmy Greaves, who scored nearly 100 top flight goals more than Shearer, hardly ever gets a mention. It’s bollox!
    Of course it is

Great Premiership Managers ff sake

Brian Clough , back to back European Cup wins

What a side ......forget that

The Great Liverpool side of the seventies...forget that

Villa , Derby , Ipswich ........winning the title .......forget that

New gold dream of the Premier league and so many old school football fans seem to be kissing its arse

You get in on here as well , makes me shudder

And shearer himself has about 20 first division goals which are forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And shearer himself has about 20 first division goals which are forgotten about.
    They don't count

Get in line

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Shearer is the Prem record holder. As long as he holds the record, he probably don’t mind those goals being forgotten.

Of course it is

Great Premiership Managers ff sake

Brian Clough , back to back European Cup wins

What a side ......forget that

The Great Liverpool side of the seventies...forget that

Villa , Derby , Ipswich ........winning the title .......forget that

New gold dream of the Premier league and so many old school football fans seem to be kissing its arse

You get in on here as well , makes me shudder
    Sky, BBC and Talksport all kissing the Prems arse. Gabby Agbonglahor Villa record scorer ffs!

Sky, BBC and Talksport all kissing the Prems arse. Gabby Agbonglahor Villa record scorer ffs!
    It would be great if it all collapsed but even the BBC is right up its chuffer

What they actually said wasn’t incorrect though was it? They call them Premier League records because they are records since the inception of the Premier League.

No one said, “these are Premier League records and all that go before it are bollox”

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    What they actually said wasn’t incorrect though was it? They call them Premier League records because they are records since the inception of the Premier League.

No one said, “these are Premier League records and all that go before it are bollox”
    But Premier League records look stupid when you can go to the same club and look up records that beat the ones the Match of the Day. commentator was getting all orgasmic over hands down. It was all the more absurd yesterday when many football fans over the age of, say, forty can remember Liverpool winning a league game 9-0 only two or three years before the Premier League began.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton68 View Post
    Because they think football did not exist before 1992. Except for 1966!
    Never a truer word spoken or written..

But Premier League records look stupid when you can go to the same club and look up records that beat the ones the Match of the Day. commentator was getting all orgasmic over hands down. It was all the more absurd yesterday when many football fans over the age of, say, forty can remember Liverpool winning a league game 9-0 only two or three years before the Premier League began.
    Yeah I do get your point mate. In fact the coverage of AJ and Usyk made me angry, almost as if they were all told not to mention Fury and wedge themselves firmly up Hearn and AJs asses.

You’ve convinced me, Fck Sky 😂

International

All of the ridiculous wages and professional bollix is all the fault of Preston. They are just trouble makers.

Shearer is the Prem record holder. As long as he holds the record, he probably don’t mind those goals being forgotten.
    But it’s bollocks though, it’s the top flight, the same as it’s always been, forget the name it means bugger all. Dixie Dean holds the record for one club, Everton, with 349 & Jimmy Greaves the overall record 357 for three clubs, 5 more than Steve Bloomer. To mention Shearer in the same breath is an insult to these former players from the same division.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But it’s bollocks though, it’s the top flight, the same as it’s always been, forget the name it means bugger all. Dixie Dean holds the record for one club, Everton, with 349 & Jimmy Greaves the overall record 357 for three clubs, 5 more than Steve Bloomer. To mention Shearer in the same breath is an insult to these former players from the same division.
    Football moves on though, it’s a bit like the pointless “boxer in their prime” discussion. We’ll never know if the too old players would ever have succeeded in the Prem.