+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Yeah, but Watters movement
    He has been at the club for some while. What are we coaching him to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That was my first game since a certain 4-0 home defeat last season.
    Whilst tonights offering was much more entertaining, especially the first half, we are just a gaping void in front of goal. Whenever a cross came in Harris was about a yard from goal, whilst the ball was 4 or 5 behind him. Allsop just farting around in the last few minutes when we needed a goal was pathetic, and why was there only 4 extra minutes when it took longer for their striker to walk off when being subbed.
    As for 5 subs- hate it. Far too disruptive.
    Nice to be back though.
    1st goal totally Allsop's fault. Most keepers do the same, just stand on the goal line whilst an opposing player heads in from barely 3yds. Keeper should easily claim the ball within the 6yd box. So frustrating to watch.

The times I'm screaming for a through ball to be played to Watters, but it never happens, maybe the players don't have confidence in him? The passing is great until the final third and not enough players get into the box, our crosses never seem to be a threat.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    1-2 Sawyers
    He only took a shot at goal because the crowd all said "shoiooot!"

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Great movement though lads.
    Don’t joke.

People will still be saying that…… :-/

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    My thoughts on tonight.

Defending for their second goal was atrocious, particularly as we conceded a similar goal at Brizzle. If we defend like that we'll be fighting relegation this season period.

As others have said, our decision making at times is terrible (for me, one of the worst culprits is Ojo- I thought it was a feature of his play during his previous spell and I wasn't particularly enthused when we signed him again). We have too many players whose decision-making leads to attacking situations breaking down without creating a goal threat.

Colwill had a shocker when he came on, and Harris just isn't up to it.

Thought Rino was excellent, great goal from Sawyers, but we didn't deserve anything from the game.
    What did you feel Rino did well? I saw him regularly bullied off the ball but I can’t say I paid much attention to him (still getting used to the squad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Mark Harris should not be in the championship!!!!
    He was dreadful but didn’t get a lot of service

My god, that 2nd goal! 3 of them could have scored it. https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...hip-highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    1st goal totally Allsop's fault. Most keepers do the same, just stand on the goal line whilst an opposing player heads in from barely 3yds. Keeper should easily claim the ball within the 6yd box. So frustrating to watch.
    Ill watch it again but I was in line with the cross and thought he had no chance of claiming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ill watch it again but I was in line with the cross and thought he had no chance of claiming it.
    I'd agree with that.

If Allsop came for that ball at the speed it was travelling at I'd question his judgment.
    If anything that ball needs to be cut out at source or a defender needs to get rid once it has come over. We did neither, although Luton did well and got numbers in the box once they'd worked the position.

Just seen. Allsopp had no chance. Blameless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That was my first game since a certain 4-0 home defeat last season.
    Whilst tonights offering was much more entertaining, especially the first half, we are just a gaping void in front of goal. Whenever a cross came in Harris was about a yard from goal, whilst the ball was 4 or 5 behind him. Allsop just farting around in the last few minutes when we needed a goal was pathetic, and why was there only 4 extra minutes when it took longer for their striker to walk off when being subbed.
    As for 5 subs- hate it. Far too disruptive.
    Nice to be back though.
    Agreed about the four minutes added time (we were never going to score if there’d been ten added minutes mind) and the five subs - yet another sop to the bigger clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    You what? Three yards out? Are you sure? I’m afraid our new left back has to take most responsibility for that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sorry, I meant the 2nd goal

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I remember last season when given the option to make a simple pass out of defence Flint kicked the ball 50yds in the air. I remember Nelson trying to pass to a player no more than 5yds away with no-one else around and he hit it over his head. Yes, I know, they could defend, but last season I watched the worst football dished up outside league 1. It's not right, it's not working by a long way, but for crying out loud we've almost completely changed the team and how we play. Let's see where we are after 20 games, not 6.
    I'd be surprised if on current form in this day if he'll be given 6 (which i was joking about, but its hard to get across sarcasms in text sometimes) let alone 20.

Worrying for me is we got outmuscled all over the pitch last night.

Luton should have scored probably another 2

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'd heard that said by the radio summarisers when we played Portsmouth. I thought the same happened against Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd heard that said by the radio summarisers when we played Portsmouth. I thought the same happened against Bristol City.
    which is strange because the first game we were pretty physical against Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Luton should have scored probably another 2
    nonsense. 4-1 would have been a ridiculous result based on the performance

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nonsense. 4-1 would have been a ridiculous result based on the performance
    Upon reflection,I think we deserved a point , and if we had scored first, we possibly could have won it.