+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better call Saul.

Re: Better call Saul.

Completely agree with three but I haven’t seen GoT next on my list maybe.

I know a lot of people put the wire up with those 4 but haven’t got round to that.

I’d also agree the last 3 seasons of BCS are the best (I’d say it’s all great mind) but there is an episode early on about Mike’s son which I’d put up there with all the BB and BCS episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The first three series were slow paced but still really enjoyable. Series 4 through to 6 were absolutely outstanding and as good as The Sopranos.
    .So cleverly acted and brilliantly written
    Matching the Sopranos is some feat, still not finished the Sopranos as C4 lost the rights to Sky.

Better Call Saul is absolutely brilliant! Yes, it starts off slowly, but it just got better with every series. I prefer Breaking Bad, but BCS isn’t far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    IMO in my opinion its better than breaking bad...which now and again had side characters yacking for a 5-6minute monolgue. the wife for example
    I saw some clips of Walt Jr on twitter or something a few days ago, and could not remember him as a character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Matching the Sopranos is some feat, still not finished the Sopranos as C4 lost the rights to Sky.
    Yep. Watched the Sopranos on dvd box set. Where BCS is so strong is on the writing.The characters are not one dimensional. The good guys are not necessarily nice after all. The cocky ones perhaps don’t have life so easy after all. The acting is outstanding particularly Rhea Seehorn as Kim Wexler. It treats you like an adult. Different storylines running alongside each other effortlessly produced and directed. Great cinematography.

Yes it’s slow paced but then something big happens that’s out of context with what comes before and it is that much more effective and impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The Wire and The Sheld were also excellent .
    I’d say The Wire is the best series I’ve ever seen. Just pips The Sopranos for me.
    My top 5

The Wire
    Sopranos
    Breaking Bad
    BCS
    Gomorrah

I'm hearing some good stuff about 'Severance'. Anyone seen it?

I'd rate Breaking Bad as possibly the best series ever (I also loved Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes from the UK and The Bridge and The Killing from Scandinavia about as much). While I wouldn't rate Better Call Saul quite as highly it's still superb. Bob Odenkirk is a great actor. His film Nobody is well worth a watch. Very quirky.

We finished BCS when the last episode was released and are now rewatching BB.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s ridiculously slow and nothing happens but couldn’t stop watching it.
    Nothing happens ?!! SPOILER ALERT - What about when Howard was unexpectedly shot in the head by Lalo in front of Kim and Jimmy for just talking out of turn. Excellent series - better than breaking bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nothing happens ?!! SPOILER ALERT - What about when Howard was unexpectedly shot in the head by Lalo in front of Kim and Jimmy for just talking out of turn. Excellent series - better than breaking bad.
    Jimmy's brother also bowed out quite spectacularly I'd say.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    In my opinion, there are four truly great television series. By this I mean an on-going story, not the sort of thing where you have a different story each episode. The four are: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, and The Sopranos.
    BB and GoT start fast, and they keep going at pace right to the end. BCS and TS start slow, and build to a crescendo.
    Because of that difference in pacing, they may seem inferior, but they are probably the better series overall, because their pace allows so much detail and back-story to emerge. So Saul is slow, but much more detailed. The rise and fall of a gifted but deeply flawed individual.
    I heartily recommend anyone who has not seen these four series, to try to watch them. They are all marvellous television.
    Spot on loved them all

International

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Completely agree with three but I haven’t seen GoT next on my list maybe.

I know a lot of people put the wire up with those 4 but haven’t got round to that.

I’d also agree the last 3 seasons of BCS are the best (I’d say it’s all great mind) but there is an episode early on about Mike’s son which I’d put up there with all the BB and BCS episodes.
    The Wire is not as good IMO, but not far behind the four.

Highly recommend Sons Of Anarchy