+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff will have to deal with it if they don’t add a striker.

International

Re: Cardiff will have to deal with it if they don’t add a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    in your opinion.
    It looks like it is, there does seem to be a real shortage this year, every tem is looking for a Striker, the problem is we really need one!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Maybe Collins could make himself useful whilst he's injured and recommend someone from Bundesliga 2 (other than Glatzel).
    it'd be bloody funny if he already has......suggested Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sam Surridge of Forest?

Yeah, he wanted him before and they will probably sign another load of players before deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder if we paid Spurs the full £500k for Etete up front? If we did and we hadn’t have signed him there’d be £10k a week + for a year to go towards the wages of an out of contract experienced striker. Would that have been a better option than taking a punt on an untried, could be a hit or a miss Etete? We need someone now not the ‘he’s one for the future’ option.
    which striker bare we going to get for 10k a week that improves us?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    which striker bare we going to get for 10k a week that improves us?
    I didn’t say £10k a week, I said £10k+. Seeing as we’re supposed to be looking at strikers, you’d like to think that there is a weekly wage in mind. If we hadn’t signed Etete this weekly wage (that we have in mind) would be added to the £10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    it'd be bloody funny if he already has......suggested Glatzel.
    😁

Callum Paterson on loan from Sheff Wed.

Okay, don't jump all over me, but is there any reason why we can't play Ojo in the middle, as a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Okay, don't jump all over me, but is there any reason why we can't play Ojo in the middle, as a striker?
    Good shout. Certainly has an eye for a goal as we know from his previous spell here. Would certainly have put away those one 2one chances Watters missed.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Not really. But if it's Watters, Harris, Ojo or Bojo, they are unlikely to score without better balls played through the middle. So let's play Colwill more central please.
    Last edited by John Buchanan; 29-08-22 at 20:29. Reason: Watching cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Surely Hugill or Surridge will end up out on loan and probably Archer.
    Issue with players of this ilk, especially Surridge and Hugill for definite, is they’ll be on more than the 12k a week we’re willing to pay, and there’s almost certainly a good few teams in the Championship who will be willing to contribute more than 12k a week towards their wages. So unless we break the bank, which I can’t see, there’s no chance of them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Issue with players of this ilk, especially Surridge and Hugill for definite, is they’ll be on more than the 12k a week we’re willing to pay, and there’s almost certainly a good few teams in the Championship who will be willing to contribute more than 12k a week towards their wages. So unless we break the bank, which I can’t see, there’s no chance of them coming.
    Always worth a go, surely sending out Whyte, Sang, Watters or Harris would help. We paid it last season. I get we need to watch the wages but if we are going to splash the wages it was always going to be on a striker and a season long load isn’t a huge financial long term concern.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Always worth a go, surely sending out Whyte, Sang, Watters or Harris would help. We paid it last season. I get we need to watch the wages but if we are going to splash the wages it was always going to be on a striker and a season long load isn’t a huge financial long term concern.
    I completely agree with you, we need to be going all out to get anyone we can who scores goals at this level. I’m just not convinced the board, or maybe even Morison as well, think that way.

I completely agree with you, we need to be going all out to get anyone we can who scores goals at this level. I’m just not convinced the board, or maybe even Morison as well, think that way.
    We're not going down. We're changing our playing style. We have lots of youngsters learning the game. This season is about transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We're not going down. We're changing our playing style. We have lots of youngsters learning the game. This season is about transition.
    Is that you saying that or have you been reading morisons diary ?

I’d also argue we’ve got a really good chance of pushing for the playoffs if we get this bit of recruitment right- surely we’re ‘in it to win it’, as it were? No point playing every week for mid table mediocrity is there?

I’d also argue we’ve got a really good chance of pushing for the playoffs if we get this bit of recruitment right- surely we’re ‘in it to win it’, as it were? No point playing every week for mid table mediocrity is there?
    We haven't got a chance of making the playoffs. This is going to be a mid table mediocrity transitional season.

We haven't got a chance of making the playoffs. This is going to be a mid table mediocrity transitional season.
    I’m really really glad you’re not giving the pre-match team talks.

I’m really really glad you’re not giving the pre-match team talks.
    I say it how I see it. This is a season where we're building for the future. Get behind the kids. We've got some talented youngsters at the club. We haven't got any money either. We're trying to build a football club that's sustainable.

I say it how I see it. This is a season where we're building for the future. Get behind the kids. We've got some talented youngsters at the club. We haven't got any money either. We're trying to build a football club that's sustainable.
    It's like Jack the ripper doing an after dinner gig at womens aid

Come on Vinnie on your lavish lifestyle £2k a week isnt going to hurt you. Stiff upper lip lad

I don't buy this shit that Etete was bought as a project. You don't spend 500k on a striker we need now on someone who maybe good in a few years. I think the club has been had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    I don't buy this shit that Etete was bought as a project. You don't spend 500k on a striker we need now on someone who maybe good in a few years. I think the club has been had.
    I don't think we have been had at all.
    it's less than we paid for Watters or even Omar Bogle, at that price you obviously aren't getting the finished article.
    he did ok in league 2 and then league 1 last season, and is still only 20, the same age as Chanka Zimba, and has moved into a side that isn't making many chances and he's had less than 1 match worth of minutes.

far far too early to be writing him off

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think we have been had at all.
    it's less than we paid for Watters or even Omar Bogle, at that price you obviously aren't getting the finished article.
    he did ok in league 2 and then league 1 last season, and is still only 20, the same age as Chanka Zimba, and has moved into a side that isn't making many chances and he's had less than 1 match worth of minutes.

far far too early to be writing him off
    I'm not writing him off. The recruitment team have done a tremendous job all summer to build this team. I don't buy for one second that the only money they spend, the final piece of the jigsaw is actually a project that could come good in a few years. Don't buy it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    I'm not writing him off. The recruitment team have done a tremendous job all summer to build this team. I don't buy for one second that the only money they spend, the final piece of the jigsaw is actually a project that could come good in a few years. Don't buy it at all.
    he could still contribute this season, he's only played 75 minutes for us in the league and we've hardly been a potent attacking force in that time.
    he has a very interesting profile, fairly unusual for a striker with some obvious areas for improvement, but that doesn't mean we won't find a way to get something good out of him this season