+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mike "Chubby" Pearce

First Team

Mike "Chubby" Pearce

I went for a walk after Saturday's game in the memorial garden at the stadium and noticed he died in 2020.

Is this the same guy who hailed from Coldbrook in Barry and ran a coach to away games. I think he also moved to Scotland.

Re: Mike "Chubby" Pearce

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I went for a walk after Saturday's game in the memorial garden at the stadium and noticed he died in 2020.

Is this the same guy who hailed from Coldbrook in Barry and ran a coach to away games. I think he also moved to Scotland.
    Yes , him and Mike Lambert ran the coaches in the dark days of division 4

I was in school with Mike. Worked at the old DHSS building in Kendrick Road many years ago. He started up the Barry CCFC supporters club in the early 80's meeting in the West End labour club. Remember Phil Dwyer and Paul Went coming to quiz nights He'd organised. Didn't realise Mike had moved to Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    I was in school with Mike. Worked at the old DHSS building in Kendrick Road many years ago. He started up the Barry CCFC supporters club in the early 80's meeting in the West End labour club. Remember Phil Dwyer and Paul Went coming to quiz nights He'd organised. Didn't realise Mike had moved to Scotland.
    Edinburgh , with the DSS I believe

Saw him on some trips to see ccfc up north

Mike Lambert , the other partner in crime in those days is in Thailand now I think

And why not

First Team

Well, I'm glad other people on here knew him.

He was a bit younger than me but a lovely bloke. I knew he'd moved to Edinburgh(?) but I thought it was partly for love. I was genuinely surprised to see he'd gone to Ninian (in the sky) and a bit upset though I hadn't seen him for decades.

One of the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Well, I'm glad other people on here knew him.

He was a bit younger than me but a lovely bloke. I knew he'd moved to Edinburgh(?) but I thought it was partly for love. I was genuinely surprised to see he'd gone to Ninian (in the sky) and a bit upset though I hadn't seen him for decades.

One of the good guys.
    It was for women , it usually is !

That's awful news, I had no idea. He was such a nice guy. A little anecdote though, we went to Czechoslovakia in 1987. Lost 2-0. Some undercover police cadets ****ed with us in a nightclub. And Mike kicked the biggest one of them in the head and said "that's what you get when you **** with the Welsh". Mike broke his foot. The big feller got up. chased us back to hour hotel and the cops showed up. Me and a few gogs spent the night in the cells.