+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Parker Sacked

Re: Scott Parker Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was it my post that sent you into the realms of quantum physics?

Liked Scott Parker a lot as a player (think he should have won more England caps), but I can’t take to him as a manager. Never liked his Fulham sides and I wonder if he can keep on being employed by sides with the sort of financial resources he’s used to? Can’t see an obvious club out there for him at the moment.
    Sometimes, it's such a minor change that feeds my OCD I've started giving all kinds of weird and wonderful reasons lately!

Yes, I liked him as a player too and agree, don't know where he goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Just a thought but if Dyche did take the job Kieffer would probably get a lot moore game time.
    To be fair he’s played nearly every minute in the Prem this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    To be fair he’s played nearly every minute in the Prem this season.
    It won't have been much fun for him. I only saw the Arsenal game and in fairness, he did his best, but they were all chasing shadows.

I have a sort of grudging admiration for Scott Parker, though I'm not really sure why. I have to admit I like his 'best dressed manager' look - for a while he had this 'James Bond' thing going on, and looked really good. But looking cool doesn't win you games. Manager wise, he can obviously cut it at Championship level, and given some money could have done a job in the Premier, so sacking him now seems a bit premature.
    Who would have him here at Cardiff, if Morison were to depart?

Fecking Bournemouth, Premier league for a few seasons , relegated , straight back up

Bournemouth

Fecking Bournemouth

Brentford

The Jacks

Why is this club we support so utterly shit ?

Best dressed! Haha! Thom Browne was cool about 8 years ago, those weird padded blazers he wears too! Lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I have a sort of grudging admiration for Scott Parker, though I'm not really sure why. I have to admit I like his 'best dressed manager' look - for a while he had this 'James Bond' thing going on, and looked really good. But looking cool doesn't win you games. Manager wise, he can obviously cut it at Championship level, and given some money could have done a job in the Premier, so sacking him now seems a bit premature.
    Not me !

Just a thought but if Dyche did take the job Kieffer would probably get a lot moore game time.
    Moore has played 90 minutes in each league game this season

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Sometimes, it's such a minor change that feeds my OCD I've started giving all kinds of weird and wonderful reasons lately!

Yes, I liked him as a player too and agree, don't know where he goes from here.
    Has a good record at championship level,don't think he'll be out of work that long.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Best dressed coat hanger more like. The man with footballs biggest head to shoulder width ratio. Its a wonder they could find a suit to fit him. For a bloke who was portrayed as a silky smooth footballer, he doesn't half get the teams he manages to foul, kick, dive and moan a lot. No to the ‘would we have him here’ question by the way

Has a good record at championship level,don't think he'll be out of work that long.
    I think you're right there. We'll see him back in the Championship before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    How can it be personal, I've never met him?

You don't think that the Championship clubs do better at the start when teams haven't sussed them out?

Do you think he's a good premiership manager, the last time with Mitrovic and a half decent squad, he was relegated 11 points adrift of Burnley?

Obviously the sensible board and fanbase of Bornemouth, are all wrong, and some clown who calls himself Eric a half bee knows more
    How many more points would you have expected Bournemouth to get given the fixtures they've had?

Do you recall how long it took to get a win in our last PL season? Some promoted teams start brightly, some don't. We didn't, last time out, but came close to staying up. Brentford had a better second half to the season last season. I recall Swansea doing something similar when they won promotion.

I have no idea if he's a good PL manager. I do know that he's achieved promotion to the PL in both of his two seasons in the Championship. Despite Fulham getting relegated, Bournemouth were quick to snap up his services, joining them the same day he left Craven Cottage. Obviously Bournemouth regarded him that highly.

Bournemouth's defeats have all been expected. I'm with others in this thread and presume someone else has already been lined up, otherwise the timing of this sacking is very bizarre.

I'd expect Parker to end up with another biggish Championship or lower PL club based on nothing more than his record. If I've read what you've said about him correctly, you seem to think he's an awful manager who should never be given another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How many more points would you have expected Bournemouth to get given the fixtures they've had?

Do you recall how long it took to get a win in our last PL season? Some promoted teams start brightly, some don't. We didn't, last time out, but came close to staying up. Brentford had a better second half to the season last season. I recall Swansea doing something similar when they won promotion.

I have no idea if he's a good PL manager. I do know that he's achieved promotion to the PL in both of his two seasons in the Championship. Despite Fulham getting relegated, Bournemouth were quick to snap up his services, joining them the same day he left Craven Cottage. Obviously Bournemouth regarded him that highly.

Bournemouth's defeats have all been expected. I'm with others in this thread and presume someone else has already been lined up, otherwise the timing of this sacking is very bizarre.

I'd expect Parker to end up with another biggish Championship or lower PL club based on nothing more than his record. If I've read what you've said about him correctly, you seem to think he's an awful manager who should never be given another job.
    I agree that someone will take a gamble on him but you forget that he has also got Fulham relegated TWICE. He was first team coach there when Jokanovic and Ranieri were managers and took over as manager for the last few games when Ranieri was sacked. He then did get them up the following season but took them straight back down again. In his four and a bit years in management therefore, he has presided over and influenced two promotions and two relegations. His teams also have a reputation for moaning, diving and cheating to get results. Hardly a glowing endorsement of his ability as a manager is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fecking Bournemouth, Premier league for a few seasons , relegated , straight back up

Bournemouth

Fecking Bournemouth

Brentford

The Jacks

Why is this club we support so utterly shit ?
    Big catchment area is Christchurch and Bournemouth and above average affluence

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I agree that someone will take a gamble on him but you forget that he has also got Fulham relegated TWICE. He was first team coach there when Jokanovic and Ranieri were managers and took over as manager for the last few games when Ranieri was sacked. He then did get them up the following season but took them straight back down again. In his four and a bit years in management therefore, he has presided over and influenced two promotions and two relegations. His teams also have a reputation for moaning, diving and cheating to get results. Hardly a glowing endorsement of his ability as a manager is it ?
    Werent you a big Warnock backer.?

Do you recall how long it took to get a win in our last PL season?
    Well, yes - and I do recall how long it took to get a win in our first PL season.
    Now THAT was a game!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was it my post that sent you into the realms of quantum physics?

Can’t see an obvious club out there for him at the moment.
    Sunderland?

I think you've got a man crush Eric. It's OK. That hair gel and manicured look really works for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sunderland?
    Na, they all dress from Primark and Matalan up there

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sunderland?
    I’ve read quite a bit about Alex Neil going to Stoke because he was going to be paid more. If that’s true, Sunderland are unlikely to be able to meet Parker’s wage demands.

International

I'd have expected them to pick up a few points and capitulate with Parker, and thats exactly what they did, and then they sacked him as his after match comments were basically, phsycologically they're finished, me too, i'm shell shocked and haven't got a clue of where to go from here, I knew immidiately it would be the dole queue, and I think he'll be there for quite a while.

Would I want him here, not a chance, but I think he could do a brilliant job wth no money at Swansea when Martin is sacked and take them straight down this season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think you've got a man crush Eric. It's OK. That hair gel and manicured look really works for some people.
    I think he must have.

International

I'd have expected them to pick up a few points and capitulate with Parker, and thats exactly what they did, and then they sacked him as his after match comments were basically, phsycologically they're finished, me too, i'm shell shocked and haven't got a clue of where to go from here, I knew immidiately it would be the dole queue, and I think he'll be there for quite a while.

Would I want him here, not a chance, but I think he could do a brilliant job wth no money at Swansea when Martin is sacked and take them straight down this season.
    Phone typos

I'd have expected them to pick up a few points and capitulate with Parker, and that’s exactly what they did, and then they sacked him as his after-match comments were basically, psychologically they're finished, me too, I’m shell shocked and haven't got a clue of where to go from here, I knew immediately it would be the dole queue, and I think he'll be there for quite a while.

Would I want him here, not a chance, but I think he could do a brilliant job with no money at Swansea when Martin is sacked and take them straight down this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I would say it's harsh to suggest he got Fulham relegated twice. They were 10 points adrift with 10 games to go when he took over first time around. One of his 3 wins as new Fulham boss was one we were hoping to win. We might have stayed up if we had.

Phone typos

I'd have expected them to pick up a few points and capitulate with Parker
    3 defeats on the trot, to three likely title challengers, is a capitulation? What word did you use to describe the 8 on the trot we suffered under McCarthy last season?