+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Parker Sacked

Scott Parker Sacked

Allegedly!

Re: Scott Parker Sacked

A knee jerk reaction if true, to lose any game 9-0 is a worry though. Don’t know the ins and outs but it doesn’t seem like he was backed financially, if he thought bringing Moore in would help keep them up.

Really? Madness if so.

Got battered Saturday sure but won the first game and have had a very tough start.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Really? Madness if so.

Got battered Saturday sure but won the first game and have had a very tough start.

Good decision he's clueless, you could see he had thrown the towel in for the season when interviewed after. He probably wanted to leave.

They'll still go down but someone like Dyche will make them hard to beat at least.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Ok he has the smuggest face in football but what is wrong with some of these clubs. From the outside some of the decisions just lack any logic.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Good decision he's clueless, you could see he had thrown the towel in for the season when interviewed after. He probably wanted to leave.

They'll still go down but someone like Dyche will make them hard to beat at least.
    They have played 4 games, won one and lost to Arsenal, Man city and Liverpool. Other than the goals against, which can't be ignored of course, they are about where I'd have said they would be at best.

Maybe Dyche has had contact.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They have played 4 games, won one and lost to Arsenal, Man city and Liverpool. Other than the goals against, which can't be ignored of course, they are about where I'd have said they would be at best.

Maybe Dyche has had contact.
    First couple of games the bottom teams always win and draw some, but as the other teams suss them out, as Liverpool have, they go into freefall unless they have a decent manager and squad, they'll have a better chance with Dyche or anyone else really.

Gerrard next or Lampard?

Bournemouth are a club thats been punching above its weight for years and I can't see anyone with a big reputation wanting to touch it. Even Dyche would be a poor fit. Must have been a difference of opinion about the budget but with their current playing staff must be odds on to finish bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    First couple of games the bottom teams always win and draw some, but as the other teams suss them out, as Liverpool have, they go into freefall unless they have a decent manager and squad, they'll have a better chance with Dyche or anyone else really.
    This is obviously personal otherwise I can't see anyone posting such drivel.

Got to be honest I’ve never liked him as a manager. I’ve read he hasn’t been happy with the transfers this summer but seems a daft time to replace him.

Don’t think that best dressed manager award done him any favours went straight to his head now he’s been de-striped…twat.

He said after the hammering on Saturday it was to be expected as he didn't have the squad to compete in a swipe at his employers (which is strange as I believe he had personal contacts within the boardroom)

They have replied to his criticism with the bugger off then technique

Much the same technique was used on me 30 odd years ago when I explained to my company that my sales were poor due to their product being crap

had one of their matches on the other day in the background, think it was the Arsenal one, and my stepson suddenly exclaimed "oh, he looks cool" , so I glance at the screen and it was Scott ****ing Parker.
    To me he looks like a twatty London estate agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    had one of their matches on the other day in the background, think it was the Arsenal one, and my stepson suddenly exclaimed "oh, he looks cool" , so I glance at the screen and it was Scott ****ing Parker.
    To me he looks like a twatty London estate agent.
    Scott Parker's Used Cars - an honest motor from an honest broker (you're at serious risk if you don't keep up with repayments)

btw: They didn't score 9 but they could easily have. Arsenal gave them a masterclass that day. Didn't get a sniff. Not surprised he's gone. Get it done early imo.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This is obviously personal otherwise I can't see anyone posting such drivel.

How can it be personal, I've never met him?

You don't think that the Championship clubs do better at the start when teams haven't sussed them out?

Do you think he's a good premiership manager, the last time with Mitrovic and a half decent squad, he was relegated 11 points adrift of Burnley?

Obviously the sensible board and fanbase of Bornemouth, are all wrong, and some clown who calls himself Eric a half bee knows more

I don’t get this smartest dressed crap !

All his clothes look too small for him

So, with two days left of the window, they sack their manager who has been grizzling for weeks about the need for more signings - granted, thev've had some thrashings in recent weeks, but they have played Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

All I can think is that they've got someone lined up to come in straight away and he's going to be very busy in the transfer market in the next forty eight hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, with two days left of the window, they sack their manager who has been grizzling for weeks about the need for more signings - granted, thev've had some thrashings in recent weeks, but they have played Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

All I can think is that they've got someone lined up to come in straight away and he's going to be very busy in the transfer market in the next forty eight hours or so.
    I like the word grizzling. I think that's probably been the issue and why he's gone. It was like watching a cat toying with a mouse seeing his side's play against those teams. I've seen L2 sides put more effort it. Think Forest last season against Arsenal for example in the cup.

I don't like his football and when we played them (both home and away), they were clearly instructed to waste time, cheat and generally try every trick in the book. They couldn't do that this season becasue the refs are letting the game flow and allowing tougher/harder but fair tackles and won't put up with the rolling around like they've been shot.

I think they've done the right thing. Fulham were/are better off without him too.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 30-08-22 at 10:37. Reason: Quantum physics

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's the only reasoning that makes any sense and exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe Mr Moore will ask if he can come on loan to us

Good. Can't stand the smug twat.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Maybe Mr Moore will ask if he can come on loan to us
    Just a thought but if Dyche did take the job Kieffer would probably get a lot moore game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I like the word grizzling. I think that's probably been the issue and why he's gone. It was like watching a cat toying with a mouse seeing his side's play against those teams. I've seen L2 sides put more effort it. Think Forest last season against Arsenal for example in the cup.

I don't like his football and when we played them (both home and away), they were clearly instructed to waste time, cheat and generally try every trick in the book. They couldn't do that this season becasue the refs are letting the game flow and allowing tougher/harder but fair tackles and won't put up with the rolling around like they've been shot.

I think they've done the right thing. Fulham were/are better off without him too.
    Was it my post that sent you into the realms of quantum physics?

Liked Scott Parker a lot as a player (think he should have won more England caps), but I can’t take to him as a manager. Never liked his Fulham sides and I wonder if he can keep on being employed by sides with the sort of financial resources he’s used to? Can’t see an obvious club out there for him at the moment.