+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound, fair, plan

Sound, fair, plan

https://youtu.be/77kCUlOsr6c

I’m sure some on here will boot holes into it though.

Re: Sound, fair, plan

And it’s only temporary to get through this bleak period. Sadly the Tories are in power so this will never happen..

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post

Yes, 2 holes. No point giving the highest earners their money back. Secondly, raising the tax threshold for those earning under 25k won't benefit those on the lowest incomes who will struggle the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, 2 holes. No point giving the highest earners their money back. Secondly, raising the tax threshold for those earning under 25k won't benefit those on the lowest incomes who will struggle the most.
    You didn’t listen properly did you Eric ?
    Listen to it again.

can someone just summarise what the plan is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    can someone just summarise what the plan is?
    Eric obviously couldn’t 😂

Didnt he say 0% income tax for those earning under 25k for 2 years?

Well part of it is those on over £100k start paying tax on all their earnings. No threshold.

Those on £25k pay no tax as the threshold will £25k.

As if a Tory govt would go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Well part of it is those on over £100k start paying tax on all their earnings. No threshold.

Rees Mogg would take a blanket off all of his servants for just listening to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

People earning over £125k already pay tax on the full amount. They have £0 Personal Allowance

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Didnt he say 0% income tax for those earning under 25k for 2 years?
    Yes, by raising the income tax threshold to 25k for those earning it.

You didn’t listen properly did you Eric ?
    Listen to it again.
    As they guy said, they'd have nearly all of it back (£500 would stay in the pot).

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    People earning over £125k already pay tax on the full amount. They have £0 Personal Allowance
    I didn't know that so I checked it out. You're right. Large hole blown!

I didn't know that so I checked it out. You're right. Large hole blown!
    The guy got the ball rolling. So lets increase the tax level on those earning over £125k for 2 yrs.then. Why should the poorest bare the brunt of this recession yet again.
    Look for positives and not negatives Eric. We have a government who does that already.

First up, lets stop pretending nothing has been done, as it's just completely false to say that

The Govt has approved a windfall tax on oil and gas producers - raising £5bn.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...rs-2022-07-11/

Secondly, every household will get £66 off each monthly bill this winter. I'll be honest here. My bill is currently £65 and I use about half that. With an increase in costs and with winter coming I may use close to £65. Knock £66 off that, and I will effectively have free energy this winter. Due to the council tax band I'm in, I also got £150 a few months back. I'm lucky, but there will be millions like me, typically in smaller accommodation such as flats.

My kids live with their mum. They will also get £66 off meaning I am certain their bills will be cheaper this winter than last. On top of that they are getting £700 for being on Universal Credit. The elderly and disabled are also getting additional money on top again. Again, lets stop spreading myths that nothing has been done. It has.

That said, I agree, more may be needed, especially for businesses who are facing extraordinary rises which will either just be passed on to consumers fuelling inflation, or lead to closures fuelling unemployment.

I think the answer has to be greater taxes on those energy producers, perhaps removing the wealthiest from the £66 reductions as well as knocking some VAT and green levies off bills for a year or so. I also think that any business loans should come with clear payback mechanisms with increased corporation tax for a set period. Loads of the breweries asking for cash have made big profits in the past - they should have saved some of that for rainy days.

Not sure increasing taxes on any business with a turnover of £100,000 or more would help, as many of those are the most vulnerable at the moment.

At the end of the day the answer is also reducing consumption, which will save us all money as well as being the right thing to do sustainably.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    First up, lets stop pretending nothing has been done, as it's just completely false to say that

The Govt has approved a windfall tax on oil and gas producers - raising £5bn.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...rs-2022-07-11/

Secondly, every household will get £66 off each monthly bill this winter. I'll be honest here. My bill is currently £65 and I use about half that. With an increase in costs and with winter coming I may use close to £65. Knock £66 off that, and I will effectively have free energy this winter. Due to the council tax band I'm in, I also got £150 a few months back. I'm lucky, but there will be millions like me, typically in smaller accommodation such as flats.

My kids live with their mum. They will also get £66 off meaning I am certain their bills will be cheaper this winter than last. On top of that they are getting £700 for being on Universal Credit. The elderly and disabled are also getting additional money on top again. Again, lets stop spreading myths that nothing has been done. It has.

That said, I agree, more may be needed, especially for businesses who are facing extraordinary rises which will either just be passed on to consumers fuelling inflation, or lead to closures fuelling unemployment.

I think the answer has to be greater taxes on those energy producers, perhaps removing the wealthiest from the £66 reductions as well as knocking some VAT and green levies off bills for a year or so. I also think that any business loans should come with clear payback mechanisms with increased corporation tax for a set period. Loads of the breweries asking for cash have made big profits in the past - they should have saved some of that for rainy days.

Not sure increasing taxes on any business with a turnover of £100,000 or more would help, as many of those are the most vulnerable at the moment.

At the end of the day the answer is also reducing consumption, which will save us all money as well as being the right thing to do sustainably.

I don't think many are saying nothings been done, its just that all these payments your talking about were calculated on the last out of date price cap. With the price cap now reviewed at 3 months these payments are now just pissing in an ocean compared to the bills people will be facing.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I don't think many are saying nothings been done, its just that all these payments your talking about were calculated on the last out of date price cap. With the price cap now reviewed at 3 months these payments are now just pissing in an ocean compared to the bills people will be facing.
    Yeah, fair enough, although I hear a lot of people say "something must be done" and it has. But yeah, that may not be enough and like I say, more may well be needed.

Deeply unhelpful to be having a leadership election at this time tbh but thats what people wanted!

International

Lefties answer to everything, rob more from the wealthy and give it to me, that's why they vote labour, people vote for who benefits them the most!

So middle income families who are grafting working hard and may have taken a fairly large mortgage to get on, get shafted in tax, miss out on all the low council tax bandings free handouts, get an increase in their mortgage and the increases in fuel, which they probably need for work and exra energy costs for a big house?

Thats not me by the way, I'll be fine whatever they did even if I hadn't fixed until March 2024, so the extra £400 so far will be nice.

There is no easy answer to this problem, but righly the government shouldn't penalise hard working people on the way up, some of those on paper will have more of a problem than some of the less wealthy families in a smaller house. Almost everyone is going to need a bit of support, but most people are just looking at what will benefit them the most and saying yes lets do that!

The plan above looks great if you are on £24,999 a year or less, but you've more chance of snow in August than the government doing that, so it's not really worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Lefties answer to everything, rob more from the wealthy and give it to me, that's why they vote labour, people vote for who benefits them the most!

So middle income families who are grafting working hard and may have taken a fairly large mortgage to get on, get shafted in tax, miss out on all the low council tax bandings free handouts, get an increase in their mortgage and the increases in fuel, which they probably need for work and exra energy costs for a big house?

Thats not me by the way, I'll be fine whatever they did even if I hadn't fixed until March 2024, so the extra £400 so far will be nice.

There is no easy answer to this problem, but righly the government shouldn't penalise hard working people on the way up, some of those on paper will have more of a problem than some of the less wealthy families in a smaller house. Almost everyone is going to need a bit of support, but most people are just looking at what will benefit them the most and saying yes lets do that!

The plan above looks great if you are on £24,999 a year or less, but you've more chance of snow in August than the government doing that, so it's not really worth discussing.
    If you look at it from a non-political viewpoint the reality is difficult what ever. The indisputable fact is poverty however caused is worse for your wealth than a greedy taxman. Historical evidence will tell you that absolute poverty goes hand in hand with disease and sickness. This will make the biggest growth industry in the UK the national health service. Also, absenteeism from work will soar there by hitting businesses up and down the country far worse than a hike in taxes and though it may have escaped your notice the people we'll have to rely on once again are mostly the ones earning 25k or under as these are the ones tasked as in the pandemic that will have to prop the rest of the country again.

Written by a slight centre leftie.

My daughter is getting over £1200 and more to come ,more than generous I'd say .. would Labour do more ?

Raiding the magic money tree again to help ensure people, especially the poorest, remain sat in front of the box instead of on the streets protesting.

The middle classes will continue to be squeezed to the max as they can be relied upon to apathetically cough up.

Those among them who own small businesses are going to get an extra good kicking beginning October 1. Which will be great news for corporations.

This is a Rep of Ireland business leccy bill where they pay bi-monthly.

A great many small businesses, notably pubs, cafes and restaurants, will be scuttled shortly along with the jobs they provide. Not only that, any sweat equity will be stolen along with assets as there will be no buyers for them during the ongoing controlled demolition of the UK economy.

This ruin and destruction commences and all under the guise of Ukraine and climate change.

The owner of the establishment below can't make a living with energy prices around 80% lower today than what they will be on October 1. The majority of no grub pubs may cling on as they use far less energy than those who do but they will have to hike their booze prices else be prepared to work for less reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The owner of the establishment below can't make a living with energy prices around 80% lower today than what they will be on October 1. The majority of no grub pubs may cling on as they use far less energy than those who do but they will have to hike their booze prices else be prepared to work for less reward.

Pub closing due to £72,000 energy bills: 'Unless you charge £14 for a pint, there's no chance of survival' - inews https://t.co/pU52Vm8qXK
    — KitCatK2020 #FBPE gbsct (@K2020Cat) August 31, 2022
    Well done, you've spotted the trick. Subsidise home users energy bills, but not the business users. The net result = the closure of small and medium sized businesses. The great reset is in full swing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well done, you've spotted the trick. Subsidise home users energy bills, but not the business users. The net result = the closure of small and medium sized businesses. The great reset is in full swing.
    Don't worry, you will be able to stay at home and order from major chains on Just Eat