+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 606

Had to pick someone up from the airport this evening and tuned into this pile of shite while driving and waiting, Chris Sutton & Robbie Savage. Dear God they couldn’t lace Danny Baker’s boots, cringeworthy, awful show.

Re: 606

Savage is like a drag queen and Chris Sutton sounds like the village idiot

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Had to pick someone up from the airport this evening and tuned into this pile of shite while driving and waiting, Chris Sutton & Robbie Savage. Dear God they couldn’t lace Danny Baker’s boots, cringeworthy, awful show.
    Sutton is stealing a living as a football pundit. He's a tediously predictable wind-up merchant.

I don’t listen but seen Sutton comments when we went up under Warnock. Came across an idiot and was made to look like one.

I spoke to Danny Baker once on air after I'd had a breast pump confiscated at Twerton Park around 1989. He kept mentioning it for years. He's a Marmite character but I've always liked him, the king of the football phone in

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I spoke to Danny Baker once on air after I'd had a breast pump confiscated at Twerton Park around 1989. He kept mentioning it for years. He's a Marmite character but I've always liked him, the king of the football phone in
    Why did you have breast pump with you? Were you a lactating woman?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Sutton is stealing a living as a football pundit. He's a tediously predictable wind-up merchant.
    He’s taken over from Mark Lawrenson on that pick the Premier League results thing on the BBC website and last time I looked, his record was worse than every celebrity he’s come up against. He was a footballing shock jock when he was on Talkshite, but has toned things down a bit on the beeb = God knows how, but he’s arguably their main man now on 5 Live among the ex footballers they use.

As for 606, I always switch it on without thinking while I’m doing the washing up on.a Sunday night and then switch it off after a minute or two, but last night there was quite a sensible Villa fan on - sensible fans a like an oasis in the desert on that programme, Savage and Sutton are hopeless, but the callers are usually worse.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s taken over from Mark Lawrenson on that pick the Premier League results thing on the BBC website and last time I looked, his record was worse than every celebrity he’s come up against. He was a footballing shock jock when he was on Talkshite, but has toned things down a bit on the beeb = God knows how, but he’s arguably their main man now on 5 Live among the ex footballers they use.

As for 606, I always switch it on without thinking while I’m doing the washing up on.a Sunday night and then switch it off after a minute or two, but last night there was quite a sensible Villa fan on - sensible fans a like an oasis in the desert on that programme, Savage and Sutton are hopeless, but the callers are usually worse.
    I like Savage, he can be annoying at times as he isn't the brightest but he can be quite engaging with the football "banter". Sutton on the other hand is regularly just unpleasant for the sake of it and on 606 I'm sure it is a factor in the "quality" of calls to the show. I'd suggest the broadcasters need to pay attention to it and why nowadays on that show they seem to spend a significant amount of time having to ask for callers.

I was a huge BBC fan but no longer, for football, News, music, debate there's much better free speaking media outlets out there now ..

Sell the thing whilst it has some value .

Get the burden of the overpaid celebrities of the tax payer.

I avoid Sutton and Savage like the plague. My nightmare Saturday afternoon would be Alan Green commentating on a match followed by these two clowns discussing it afterwards.
    I agree about Danny Baker by the way. Really miss his show and his occasional appearances on 606.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was a huge BBC fan but no longer, for football, News, music, debate there's much better free speaking media outlets out there now ..

Sell the thing whilst it has some value .

Get the burden of the overpaid celebrities of the tax payer.
    It's getting very difficult to disagree nowadays. It's almost as if they want it to get so bad it is unsellable as a justification for continuing with it!

They belong on TalkSport.

Another good programme ruined.

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Why did you have breast pump with you? Were you a lactating woman?
    Perhaps he identifies as one.!

International

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It's getting very difficult to disagree nowadays. It's almost as if they want it to get so bad it is unsellable as a justification for continuing with it!
    If its unsellable close it down and save everyone some money.

I prefer Sutton and Savage to the talksport equivalent of Agbonglahor and O’Hara. Not much in it mind.

I like Chris Sutton. Robbie Savage is a ****ing **** though.

I listed to it occasionally, but I find that the presenters tend to argue with everyone who calls in with an opinion. They also interrupt them, which is really annoying. Thumbs up for Robbie Savage though. One of those guys that you're not supposed to like, but you can't help admiring.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It's with a fortune ,someone would buy , sadly the grey rinse brigade love it .

If the money made was sunk into good meaningful causes its a no brained its dated , bit too woke for my taste , doesn't allow controversial free debate .

I left when Peter Allen did plus Pinear ,Phil Williams , both now on Times Radio .

Danny Baker who had /has no equals when it came to phone in's,
    his books are very good .

Employing Nihal Arthanayake on a prime time slot take some doing can't listen to the whimpering fool .

Mind you will miss the local Radio where you get storylines like Mrs Jones of Ferndale being upset with the quality of dish cloths .