+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morison

Steve Morison

when we will stop being a pound shop club?

(disclaimer) if (lol ) we score a hattrick please ignore this thread.

Re: Steve Morison

more like a feckin charity shop

62% possession and one shot on target compared to their 4 two went in

He really hasn’t helped himself tonight, very odd choice for a front 3

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He really hasn’t helped himself tonight, very odd choice for a front 3
    And the three midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    And the three midfielders.
    Very true but I think I could have been the logic in those three if it meant he has someone like Philogene some freedom. Harris and Watters together is just odd.

I think at this point he’s hoping against hope one of Watters and Harris scores to build some confidence. But it was a very strange team selection from the start for a winnable home game.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I think at this point he’s hoping against hope one of Watters and Harris scores to build some confidence. But it was a very strange team selection from the start for a winnable home game.
    Surely the owner and board can see that isn't the answer though.

I'm almost certain Morison away from the public eye is screaming out for a striker. The blame once again lies with the board. If they don't back Morison in the next day then they will be sleep walking us into a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I'm almost certain Morison away from the public eye is screaming out for a striker. The blame once again lies with the board. If they don't back Morison in the next day then they will be sleep walking us into a relegation battle.
    Bore off with your anti Tan/board posts..

This is a bit silly really but if i play a game that i don't know or understand i always go for defense .

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Bore off with your anti Tan/board posts..
    Are they beyond criticism?

If people think the strikers we currently have are anywhere near what Morison would want to go with then they're in cloud cuckoo land. There is one reason he has this type of player at his disposal and it is simply because they've not backed him to bring in players at the most expensive end of the pitch.

Or do you think they've backed him and he has told them to put their money away as Watters and Harris are good enough?

The man has worked wonders building a team with peanuts who play football up to the edge of the opposition box. Our defence is decent bar the odd set piece lapse. Back the man with money to compliment this at the top end of the pitch.

Are they beyond criticism?

If people think the strikers we currently have are anywhere near what Morison would want to go with then they're in cloud cuckoo land. There is one reason he has this type of player at his disposal and it is simply because they've not backed him to bring in players at the most expensive end of the pitch.

Or do you think they've backed him and he has told them to put their money away as Watters and Harris are good enough?

The man has worked wonders building a team with peanuts who play football up to the edge of the opposition box. Our defence is decent bar the odd set piece lapse. Back the man with money to compliment this at the top end of the pitch.
    Absolutely. Top post.

A striker helps but it doesn’t explain why we are so completely devoid of ideas in the final third. Why don’t any centre mids get in the box? They’re extremely poorly coached and it’s showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    A striker helps but it doesn’t explain why we are so completely devoid of ideas in the final third. Why don’t any centre mids get in the box? They’re extremely poorly coached and it’s showing.
    I reckon that's about desire.

Getting numbers in the box is a clear issue. It still doesn't change the fact that our strikers simply aren't scoring and, looking at their stats, never have.

I could half understand some of the comments and the hope they might come good after this lean spell but it isn't that. This return of goals to games is what they offer. Put simply, not very many.

I see it very simply. We back the manager with a striker or two tomorrow or he is doing this job with one hand tied behind his back.
    If the board see this transfer window pass while being the lowest scorers in this league and act as though the manager has all the tools he needs to succeed here then they've simply got it wrong in a big way. Almost everything points to that.

Getting numbers in the box is a clear issue. It still doesn't change the fact that our strikers simply aren't scoring and, looking at their stats, never have.

I could half understand some of the comments and the hope they might come good after this lean spell but it isn't that. This return of goals to games is what they offer. Put simply, not very many.

I see it very simply. We back the manager with a striker or two tomorrow or he is doing this job with one hand tied behind his back.
    If the board see this transfer window pass while being the lowest scorers in this league and act as though the manager has all the tools he needs to succeed here then they've simply got it wrong in a big way. Almost everything points to that.
    Agreed.

No manager would get Watters or Harris scoring a decent number of goals at this level. I am convinced of that.
    I'm not knocking their effort. They try, they're just not regular scorers at this level.

Why the fans and more worryingly the board (should they leave him what we have after this window) think Morison is the man to suddenly turn these players into Championship goalscorers of any regularity I don't know.
    You could give these players to prime Mourinho or Ferguson and the result would sadly be very similar.

Harris at least puts himself about and battles. I really dont see any qualities in Watters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Harris at least puts himself about and battles. I really dont see any qualities in Watters.
    Oh he battles.

The most frustrating thing with Harris is he does most of the job in getting himself into positions to hurt the opposition but rarely has that quality to finish, find that killer pass, cut back etc.

He got in two great positions tonight. Both times he lumped the ball into the Canton. One was so bad Roger Johnson didn't know if it was a shot or a cross. Whatever it was, it was a bad one.

We should have signed a striker, and we shouldn’t have let Collins go and he is streets ahead of what we have. That though is one issue, there are plenty. Our complete lack of ideas in the final third is criminal. They are clueless, and it all comes down to the manager and his coaching staff.

We need a striker and things may improve if we do but there are some really worrying signs. It is not difficult to look good in the middle third of the pitch if you have good footballers. The hard bit is putting the ball in the back of net and we are woeful at it

We should have signed a striker, and we shouldn’t have let Collins go and he is streets ahead of what we have. That though is one issue, there are plenty. Our complete lack of ideas in the final third is criminal. They are clueless, and it all comes down to the manager and his coaching staff.

We need a striker and things may improve if we do but there are some really worrying signs. It is not difficult to look good in the middle third of the pitch if you have good footballers. The hard bit is putting the ball in the back of net and we are woeful at it
    I think there are a few reason we're not scoring too.

Main reason for me is having strikers who very rarely score starting most games.

I think there are a few reason we're not scoring too.

Main reason for me is having strikers who very rarely score starting most games.
    What chances are they missing? What chances are we creating? While Watters and Harris are miles off it, we don’t do anything in possession at all

Steve Morison says we dominated from start to finish - really?

What chances are they missing? What chances are we creating? While Watters and Harris are miles off it, we don’t do anything in possession at all
    Watters has missed a one on one against Birmingham, managed the same against Bristol City. Off the top of my head.
    Probably a few other examples of chances you'd expect strikers to score at this level.

Watters has missed a one on one against Birmingham, managed the same against Bristol City. Off the top of my head.
    Probably a few other examples of chances you'd expect strikers to score at this level.
    What about today? That’s 2 after 7 games. We don’t create anything, we barely have shots on target