+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Steve Morison

Re: Steve Morison

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Do you think we look like scoring? And what clear cut chances have we missed? We don't create anything, at all.

We are passing the ball around in harmless areas, which teams like Luton will just sit back, and then hit us on the break. They could and should have won by 3 or 4 nil last night.

This isn't the first sign of trouble, things have been pretty dire going forwards under Morison since he's taken over, and we are 15% of the way through the season and we've scored 4 goals. One was a fluke, one a header from a cross, one a great strike from distance and the other was a well worked goal. It's extremely worrying and it isn't solely down to a lack of a striker.
    How could it have been 3 or 4 nil last night - they scored from their only two real shots - don't remember alsop making any saves of note and by the way we scored 1 as well as well had a stonewall penalty denied and their 2nd was apparently offside

Also what goal was a fluke in your list

It seems most people including Morison sees the need for strikers ( he listed the ones just last night that we spoke to that wanted to go elsewhere and one who is not available - I am sure there others who we couldnt afford etc) - this vitriol to him is astonishing to me but there we are each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    How could it have been 3 or 4 nil last night - they scored from their only two real shots - don't remember alsop making any saves of note and by the way we scored 1 as well as well had a stonewall penalty denied and their 2nd was apparently offside

Also what goal was a fluke in your list

It seems most people including Morison sees the need for strikers ( he listed the ones just last night that we spoke to that wanted to go elsewhere and one who is not available - I am sure there others who we couldnt afford etc) - this vitriol to him is astonishing to me but there we are each to their own
    They should have scored when Nkounkou massively underhit a back pass and the striker didn't get it under, and then after that, Morris went through (after Nkounkou was half asleep and played him on) and forced a really good save from Allsop. The fluke was clearly Sawyers' goal vs Norwich. For their second, the goalscorer is miles onside, he runs past Cardiff players to score. It's beyond stupid we gave away so many fouls last night when we're a small side. That's what rubbish teams did against us in past seasons. Naive in the extreme.

We have scored 4 goals all season, there is no vitriol and I'm not being nasty, I just don't think the coaching staff are very good. We don't create any chances, we rarely miss let alone score. Goals from distance are great but they're not the result of good football. If they all say, isn't it wonderful, give us time, nothing will change. Constructive criticism is a good thing. I'm not for one moment suggesting I have any sort of influence on things but if I can see it, and many others can see it, surely they can see something isn't quite right?

The reason i dubbed this thread Steve Morison was to highlight the fact! and it is a fact that funds are poorly used and that's not helping the guy (Hence the pound shop dig) I wasn't having a go at him ...just wondering why we seem to always be on a shoestring budget.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Bore off with your anti Tan/board posts..
    Piss-off Tan boot licker.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    The reason i dubbed this thread Steve Morison was to highlight the fact! and it is a fact that funds are poorly used and that's not helping the guy (Hence the pound shop dig) I wasn't having a go at him ...just wondering why we seem to always be on a shoestring budget.
    Would it not be a question to ask the board though? They control the budget, mainly Tan.

I think Morison has done very well with the limited amount he has been given. Some seem to be salivating at the prospect to jump on him at the first opportunity but I think he has done well under testing circumstances.

I think the owner and board should be asked why the man they chose to manage the team and take it forward has been given a shoe string budget though.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Piss-off Tan boot licker.
    Haha. No boot licking or licking owners or ex owners arses here unlike you and the regime haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Also, I can't understand why it has taken Morison this long to realise that Watters and Davies are not up to Championship standard ...
    One way or another, I guess he's had an opinion for a while.

We need to get Madine back and return to the hoof

International

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    One way or another, I guess he's had an opinion for a while.
    Davies? Has he played enough to be assessed?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Would it not be a question to ask the board though? They control the budget, mainly Tan.

I think Morison has done very well with the limited amount he has been given. Some seem to be salivating at the prospect to jump on him at the first opportunity but I think he has done well under testing circumstances.

I think the owner and board should be asked why the man they chose to manage the team and take it forward has been given a shoe string budget though.
    that makes sense.

Anyone else want to have a little dig after that impotent performance?

Anyone else want to have a little dig after that impotent performance?
    Me! Morison will be lucky to survive the World Cup break at this rate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Me too.
    Morrison has bitten off more than he can chew with this 4-3-3 gegenpress bullshit. You can't make diamonds out of rocks.
    We don't have the forward players to play such a system.
    As I've said, we'll see where we are come Christmas.

Agree with both of you,

i like morison, but c'mon sort this out, wont be long, well it seemed to have started already, fans be calling for your head mate

trouble is with us 1 win and he will be the best thing since sliced bread again... but not good at the mo

Under pressure!

I can't see a captain on the pitch...where is someone shouting encouragement to the players giving them a talk and a pat on the back when they did something good...I'm not seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I can't see a captain on the pitch...where is someone shouting encouragement to the players giving them a talk and a pat on the back when they did something good...I'm not seeing it

That's a fair point to make.
    Wintle lead us out but is hardly a Keane or Viera type of player.
    Leadership is lower on the list of problems at the moment for me though, lack of ability up front is a mahoosive concern.